• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

So we were lucky enough to get free dining for our family of 6, but not at a resort we originally would have picked. We have 2 rooms at *** and a cabin at FW. We are unsure of which one to keep and if either are even right for our family. Any opinions would be appreciated.
All star sports

So we were lucky enough to get free dining for our family of 6, but not at a resort we originally would have picked. We have 2 rooms at *** and a cabin at FW. We are unsure of which one to keep and if either are even right for our family. Any opinions would be appreciated.

What's the price difference?

For me, changes were reflected in MDE immediately, and I received an email confirmation within minutes.

Thanks, it has been an hour an no email, in MDE it still says the old hotel with the new (moderate price), so I have no idea if the change went through. One of the things is wrong, either the hotel, or the price.

Whether by fluke, pixie dust, magic or just dumb luck I was able to get Free Dining on Sunday evening.

I am feeling so blessed reading all of your troubles obtaining the FD deal and hope once things calm down that those of you who want/need to change things - ultimately can.

For some -- FD just doesn't work...due to touring styles, picky eaters, or personal preferences. But for our family -- it's a win. We like it because we're foodies and love trying out new cuisine and it's a pretty simple system. I'm not constantly worried about our food budget -- we order what we are hungry for, whether it's the most expensive seafood or steak item or the cheapest veggie/chicken entree on the menu. We don't stress about milking every bit of value out of it and just enjoy the food and atmosphere and continue having fun in the parks.

What is it about FD that attracts your family?

Thanks, it has been an hour an no email, in MDE it still says the old hotel with the new (moderate price), so I have no idea if the change went through. One of the things is wrong, either the hotel, or the price.

Hmmm....here's a link to the old reservation system. You can try looking it up here and seeing if it shows anything differently (don't worry, it's not checking you in).

https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/

Same
Same thing happened to me. I had 3 reservations 2 were correct in MDE. The third has the old reservation with the new price. I had to call IT and they corrected it. The email I received was correct and they told me that was all I needed. I explained that I was paranoid and nervous that when I got there I would have the wrong room type. They did correct it.

Whether by fluke, pixie dust, magic or just dumb luck I was able to get Free Dining on Sunday evening.

I am feeling so blessed reading all of your troubles obtaining the FD deal and hope once things calm down that those of you who want/need to change things - ultimately can.

For some -- FD just doesn't work...due to touring styles, picky eaters, or personal preferences. But for our family -- it's a win. We like it because we're foodies and love trying out new cuisine and it's a pretty simple system. I'm not constantly worried about our food budget -- we order what we are hungry for, whether it's the most expensive seafood or steak item or the cheapest veggie/chicken entree on the menu. We don't stress about milking every bit of value out of it and just enjoy the food and atmosphere and continue having fun in the parks.

What is it about FD that attracts your family?
We always park hop, and eat a lot of meals at Epcot! And, we have a few sweet tooths in our family, so dessert is always an option. This year, there will be me, my two sons, my husband and my mom. I like to not worry about our food budget while we're there too. And, my husband loves steak and wouldn't order it as often if he was paying OOP (he's not picky about his meat..haha). So, it's nice to let everyone order what they want and not worry about anything but tips :)

I'm sort of freaking out right now.

I've been checking through the day to see if I could change my water view room to a standard room on my free dining package at CBR.

I've been terrified to hit that modify button every time.

I just went to check again...and I have nothing in my itinerary anymore! Is this happening to anyone else? I am positive I didn't hit cancel or actually make any changes.
VERY NERVOUS!!!!!!!

I'm sort of freaking out right now.

I've been checking through the day to see if I could change my water view room to a standard room on my free dining package at CBR.

I've been terrified to hit that modify button every time.

I just went to check again...and I have nothing in my itinerary anymore! Is this happening to anyone else? I am positive I didn't hit cancel or actually make any changes.
VERY NERVOUS!!!!!!!

Is it listed under the Reservations section anymore? If not, try linking it again using the button there.

We are staying at the cabins because I like having the living and dining space and a separate bed for each kid. We are just a party of 4. The plus over the all stars is close to mk, full kitchen with large fridge, activities at the fort. We enjoy camping and want to experience the fort. If none of that appeals to you and you just want to sleep in the room, I'd do the all star And save the money. and you'll have 2 bathrooms there so that's a plus for it.

Thank you. I have it back!

No more searching. Lol Water view it is!
I know we have been wanting to try CBR but want standard or water view but not willing to go any higher, because we have CSR standard now. I want to keep trying for CBR, but afraid to hit the modify button. So I keep checking the website to see if you can book it as a new, then if I see it, I will maybe hot the modify.

What is the problem with their computers? I tried to modify the ressies from POP to Port orleans and it kept saying error on the payment area..(i don't owe anything since i already paid the 200.00 deposit) I made the POP reservations the day free dining was announced. I kept trying to get Port Orlean Riverside to no avial until this morning...but it was giving me problems. I didn't want to risk not to grab it so i made a new reservation. I just called the WDW reservation to cancle the POP package and they tell me the computers are down. Also, i grabbed a standard view and when i check the reservations, it changed to Garden view...what up with that? So i am now i am paying little more for it. I hope i can get the standard back. Seriously, Disney needs to get it together with the reservations software.

What is the problem with their computers? I tried to modify the ressies from POP to Port orleans and it kept saying error on the payment area..(i don't owe anything since i already paid the 200.00 deposit) I made the POP reservations the day free dining was announced. I kept trying to get Port Orlean Riverside to no avial until this morning...but it was giving me problems. I didn't want to risk not to grab it so i made a new reservation. I just called the WDW reservation to cancle the POP package and they tell me the computers are down. Also, i grabbed a standard view and when i check the reservations, it changed to Garden view...what up with that? So i am now i am paying little more for it. I hope i can get the standard back. Seriously, Disney needs to get it together with the reservations software.

In all my trips to Disney, I've never seen anything like this. I feel bad because the more their systems glitch, the more people are creating new reservations and trying to cancel old ones (I've done the same). The problems keep compounding one another!

In all my trips to Disney, I've never seen anything like this. I feel bad because the more their systems glitch, the more people are creating new reservations and trying to cancel old ones (I've done the same). The problems keep compounding one another!
I agree!! This has never happened to me before either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter