• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Okay I finally got to the "dead air" part of the event. So we shall see.
I have an existing reservation already at POR with DXDP. I just need to modify it.
And include FD and pay for upgrade.
Do I still need to do this this morning since I already have my room?
Are there limited FD passes?
Or limited rooms?

Please please somebody answer?

Last edited:
Unlike previous years, however, it appears that you cannot start your stay during the promotion and extend beyond the promotion....I'm trying for 2 weeks starting November 8 and it will only let me go to November 19, which is 11 days.
Nope, we check in the 19 th of November, the last day of FD and have it through 28th

Unfortunately, the dates don't line up for us - we were flexible, but not a whole week flexible. LOL.

Are there any threads going for those now hoping and waiting for a RO discount? For us, a 30% discount on the deluxe is just $50 more than the free dining, so I'll be quite happy with that. :)

Since everyone on here is saying standard rooms were gone with FD, I'm thinking that Disney just didn't include them in the promo. Basically, you can eat for free but you'll have a more expensive room and have to pay for PH. They're definitely thinning the FD crowd.
I got standard at CBR for Dec. 15-22, so they're available (or were). It just depends on what's been booked I'm sure.

Really dumb question. I have booked with a travel agent in another time zone. Doesn't open for 3 more hours! I have the dates I want in my cart. Do I check out and can cancel it later or try to wait for the travel agent. How long does the item in your cart stay good?

If it were me, I would check out now and cancel later.

A lot of people are missing out on free dining because availability is going FAST.

Okay I finally got to the "dead air" part of the event. So we shall see.
I have an existing reservation already at POR with DXDP. I just need to modify it.
And include FD and pay for upgrade.
Do I still need to do this this morning since I already have my room?
Are there limited FD passes?
Or limited rooms?
Limited rooms, doesn't matter if you're already booked. You have to call or modify online. And, you might have to switch room categories or dates to get FD. It's going FAST.

we are traveling down for Halloween (yay free dining, boo having to upgrade so much to get it!) and we originally had three rooms booked for comforts sake. Now we are realizing that the extra $1880 is better spent NOT on having an extra shower lol.

Will I be able to just add two more (1 adult, 1 child) to an existing room with two adults - since I booked with FD and we would be eliminating a room and adding new people to another I'm worried that they'll want me to cancel and rebook which might make me lose my room. Any thoughts?

Just curious if I missed out...did ANYONE out there get FD for CBR week of 10/31? Anyone?

When I try to check for a room online it just keeps looping back to "check Availability" and says something about being unable to show rates... Does that mean they are booked at that time?? UGH! This is frustrating!

And all circuits are busy when I try to call!!

It would not let me modify online so I tried just making a new reservation. Apparently all of the moderates have nothing left for my dates Sept 26-Oct 3 with the exception of a pirate room or preferred at CS. So I made a reservation for Sports in a standard room. I guess I will be staying in a value with QS instead. It is not worth the over $1000 that the others would cost. I guess they just lost money with me because what I had already booked was costing me $700 more than I have to pay now. I really wanted CBR again because it's home to us. Going to still try on the phone to get it added to the CBR reservation but, it looks like that is going to be a no go and I will just cancel that one and keep the AS Sports. Going to look at the bright side and I will keep 2 of my ADRs and pay out of pocket for them. I'll still have over $500 left in my pocket at the end of the day. I've been sitting in silence with Disney for 27 minutes now. do da do da

we are traveling down for Halloween (yay free dining, boo having to upgrade so much to get it!) and we originally had three rooms booked for comforts sake. Now we are realizing that the extra $1880 is better spent NOT on having an extra shower lol.

Will I be able to just add two more (1 adult, 1 child) to an existing room with two adults - since I booked with FD and we would be eliminating a room and adding new people to another I'm worried that they'll want me to cancel and rebook which might make me lose my room. Any thoughts?
Depends on where you're booked and if adding them makes it 5 adults and if is it a resort that sleeps 5? I'd stick with what you have and wait until the phones die down and then try to call and change it around. The CMs will walk you thru all your options.

I am thinking there is a glitch because my reservation says 2015 table service meals-adult, 2014 quick service meals, 2015 quick service meals, 2015 table service meals-child. I know it always had the table service adult and child but the quick service is new. When I click modify it is correct though and says Disney dining plan. We have 6 Disney adults by the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter