2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

I saw on southwest website that they are opening up November on May 14. Does anyone know what time? I am trying to book DD and her BF a flight and they want nonstop ONLY. I don't blame them, but I want to be online to get it as close as possible to when they release it.

My TA said Disney upgraded the TA's web site just before FD was offered, they had been having problems with the web site. She even tried when I was sitting with her it had a screen shot with stitch eating my paper work. They had to do everything on the phone?

The only thing I can modify on line this morning is resort and room type.. I will say at 7.33 am it is alot faster then last two days. I changed the resort and then changed it back with no issues..

But it will not allow me to change dates or tickets or dinning. Unless I call them.

Does anyone know if TAs have the ability to modify reservations and add free dining on the Disney website like everyone else? My TA was on hold for most of the day on Monday and yesterday, so if anything opened up, it was gone by the time he got through. Unfortunately, we didn't get free dining this year and are really hoping for a UOC! o_O

My TA said Disney upgraded the TA's web site just before FD was offered, they had been having problems with the web site. She even tried when I was sitting with her it had a screen shot with stitch eating my paper work. They had to do everything on the phone?

From my understaing, I'm not a TA, is that they have their own access to the disney reservation system now thru a TA only website so normally yes they can modify and make any changes online without having to call.

The problem was that I guess the website ground to a halt very early monday forcing all the TAs to call to make changes

For those asking about UOCs, there was one attached to my name. It was for 30% off room rate (at a deluxe) for dates August 28 - Dec. 23 excluding holidays. It was bookable through August 7. Unfortunately, it was not applicable for my stay at the Poly the last week of October in a standard room. I couldn't get free dining at the Poly in a standard room either. Side note: Was anyone able to get free dining at the Poly in a standard room?

Hopefully, the UOCs and room only offers will be out soon for those waiting! Good luck!

Popping in to say hello. I feel bad that this promotion went over so badly for so many people. I was asked earlier about bouncebacks. Just a reminder, even if you don't have a flyer in your room, you can still get a bounceback by calling extension 8844 from your room phone and asking for it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!!!!

good to see you here. Love your FB page.
Hoping to get FD for November 2016 and will be following your news as always. :-)

I saw on southwest website that they are opening up November on May 14. Does anyone know what time? I am trying to book DD and her BF a flight and they want nonstop ONLY. I don't blame them, but I want to be online to get it as close as possible to when they release it.
The flights are not as cut throat as FD! You will most likely have NO issues with SW or their website!

For those asking about UOCs, there was one attached to my name. It was for 30% off room rate (at a deluxe) for dates August 28 - Dec. 23 excluding holidays. It was bookable through August 7. Unfortunately, it was not applicable for my stay at the Poly the last week of October in a standard room. I couldn't get free dining at the Poly in a standard room either. Side note: Was anyone able to get free dining at the Poly in a standard room?

Hopefully, the UOCs and room only offers will be out soon for those waiting! Good luck!

Were there the same black out dates as the free dining (middle of October) on your UOC? Did you receive it in email or only when you called?

We'll, I talked to my travel agent... She said that the website had been revised and shed do her best to get them FD. Here's to hoping. But next year if we go, I'm doing all the work.

I am not sure when you plan to go, but I suggest that you check the bounce back offer by calling 8844 from your room (there should be a flyer stapled into the middle of the "Be Our Guest" book). Last August we booked Free Dining while there, so for this year we got Free Dining at POFQ for the end of August for dates not even included in this latest release.

Were there the same black out dates as the free dining (middle of October) on your UOC? Did you receive it in email or only when you called?

No email or mailers yet. I found out when I called. I actually called back yesterday to find out the details. On Monday, the CM mentioned it when I asked if there was one, but only told me it wasn't going to help me. I was specifically looking for free dining, and now I know it didn't apply to the standard room - at least for those dates.

Can you get anything better than free dining or 30% off with a pin code (sorry, UOC)? I'm just wondering because even if I do get one at this point I already got 30% off my trip, how much better can it get?

For what it's worth, CM told me yesterday that we would be surprised how much "modifying" goes on these next few weeks after an offer goes live so it's very possible to get what you want if you just keep checking. For those of you that didn't get your first choices when modifying, I hope this is the case for you and you get that pixie dust everyone is talking about :duck:

I have this same UO, it came in the form of an email first then I received snail mail a few weeks later. We like the FD so its not something we use.

Attachments

• 20150323_141036.jpg
    20150323_141036.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 41
This question falls under the and more part of the post. I did our ADR's today. The only BOG available was on the last night of our stay at 9:25 pm. Does anyone know is this time a good time or are they winding down for the night so rushed? I'm wondering if I should keep an eye out for an earlier time so as to not risk this and also because we have 2 children who have never been so I wanted them to see the electrical parade and fireworks. I'm thankful for PH at this point because it may be the only way they do all three. Any suggestions?

Keep checking. I couldn't get BOG at all at the 180 days out. A few days later I was able to get it for 4 pm. If others are like me I have changed our dining reservations several times and this will open up some reservations. If your really want to go take the reservation you can get and then keep checking for an earlier time.

Anyone hear of any offers for 10/17-10/24, either UOC or other? Will Disney only offer RO discounts for the sane dates as FD? Thanks!

TA's have a special site that accesses Disney Destination reservations. It's referred to as DTA. Disney completely modified the WDW portion of this site about 4 weeks ago. Before this modification, TA's could not make any changes or cancellations online. The modification of the site was supposed to allow TA's to modify online, thereby easing the phone lines. This mod was rolled out just a few weeks ago, untested in the real world. Remember the roll out of FP+? At least they eased into that. Not so with the TA website.

Needless to say, the new site was a disaster and the whole site crashed. When TA's tried to call in, many were mistakenly routed to the consumer line, on hold for hours, then either transferred to the TA line only to be on hold for more hours or simply hung up on. Many reported working an 18 hour day without ever being able to speak with anyone at Disney. The TA community is infuriated by how this was handled and feel they were thrown under a bus by Disney. TA's make their income through commission. Imagine working an 18 hour day and actually losing money because Disney made it impossible for you to do your job. Meanwhile, as a TA, you have spent time advertising and marketing for Disney and have already spent hours helping people plan and book trips only to lose that business because Disney can't get their IT together. Disney issued a half hearted apology to TA's yesterday blaming the "popularity" of the offer for the problems and not their inability to correct their IT problems and properly staff their phone lines. Many TA's report in their many years of dealing with the first day of promos, this was the absolute worst. Not only did it affect TA's trying to get the promo for clients, but it affected TA's simply trying to make final payments for guests, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter