• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR

Seattle Public Schools spring break is a little later than some:

Seattle Spring break: April 13-17
Seattle Summer Vacation starts June 15.

Added. :)

Typo! Thanks, I've fixed it. :thumbsup2

I'm hoping that someone from Arizona and Nevada can chime in with those breaks. Likewise, when it's announced, hopefully someone from Utah can provide info about the UEA break. Last year's thread included information on the Spring Recesses for Mesa (AZ), Vancouver (B.C.), Oregon, and Seattle (WA). Fall recesses for Arizona and UEA were also included. I'm not sure how many school recesses will be included this year; it'll depend on what people mention.

Spring Break for Vancouver BC (and area) schools is March 7th(Sat) to March 22(Sunday).

There is a large Dance Competition Company that holds 3 competitions a year at the Disneyland hotel. Feb 13-15, May 22-25 and July 15-19. I know for sure that the one in Feb is sold out. That is also President's weekend.

First day of school for Capo USD (largest district in South OC) is August 25th.

First day of school for Capo USD (largest district in South OC) is August 25th.[/QUOTE]

Is that new? Capo has always started the Tues after Labor Day, my step-daughter is a high school student in the district even though we've relocated out of state.

Last day of school for many Tucson-area school districts:
Catalina Foothills - 5/20
Marana Unified, Tanque Verde, TUSD, Vail - 5/21

1st day of school for many Tucson-area school districts:
Marana Unified - 8/3
Vail Unified - 8/4
Tanque Verde School District - 8/5
Catalina Foothills, TUSD - 8/6

Richmond BC spring break is March 14-30th.

Langley BC is the same! Why can't Langley/Richmond and a few other school districts be the same weeks as the majority of the province?? Oy, another example of the screwed up public school system in our province. My kids and most of our friends have the same two weeks off, but we have friends in both Richmond and Langley too so I guess we won't be enjoying the same two weeks :confused3

Yes - this is new. Several of the large school districts in OC are going to an earlier start. Specifically SVUSD, CAPO and Irvine. Our late start was a disadvantage to the HS students taking National exams. It's making for a short summer this year. :sad:

First day of school for Capo USD (largest district in South OC) is August 25th.

Is that new? Capo has always started the Tues after Labor Day, my step-daughter is a high school student in the district even though we've relocated out of state.[/QUOTE]

Two thumbs up and a bag of Cheetos. Hey, doing a different kind of a b u m p. Oooh... almost forgot the P.... Lol :faint:

Yes - this is new. Several of the large school districts in OC are going to an earlier start. Specifically SVUSD, CAPO and Irvine. Our late start was a disadvantage to the HS students taking National exams. It's making for a short summer this year. :sad

Wow! My sd will not be happy :rotfl2: That's wild though, I attended SVUSD K-12 and I have friends who work in Capo now as well as my sd being in HS, it doesn't directly impact me in anyway but it's so weird to thinking about that start date being changed after all these years!

Langley BC is the same! Why can't Langley/Richmond and a few other school districts be the same weeks as the majority of the province?? Oy, another example of the screwed up public school system in our province. My kids and most of our friends have the same two weeks off, but we have friends in both Richmond and Langley too so I guess we won't be enjoying the same two weeks :confused3

Abbotsford is Mar 14-29 as well and Chilliwack is Mar 21-Apr 6! It's a bit of a pain for us since the kids go to one district and DH teaches in the other one. :crazy2: Still, I don't think you could really call it an example of a "screwed up public school system" here since every other state and province has wildly varying spring break dates from one district to the next as well. I'm sure if the gov't tried to legislate a uniform calendar province wide there's be just as many people complaining about that!

Yes - this is new. Several of the large school districts in OC are going to an earlier start. Specifically SVUSD, CAPO and Irvine. Our late start was a disadvantage to the HS students taking National exams. It's making for a short summer this year. :sad

Wow! My sd will not be happy :rotfl2: That's wild though, I attended SVUSD K-12 and I have friends who work in Capo now as well as my sd being in HS, it doesn't directly impact me in anyway but it's so weird to thinking about that start date being changed after all these years!

So this thread has dual purpose. Disney info and SVUSD start date change info.

Abbotsford is Mar 14-29 as well and Chilliwack is Mar 21-Apr 6! It's a bit of a pain for us since the kids go to one district and DH teaches in the other one. :crazy2: Still, I don't think you could really call it an example of a "screwed up public school system" here since every other state and province has wildly varying spring break dates from one district to the next as well. I'm sure if the gov't tried to legislate a uniform calendar province wide there's be just as many people complaining about that!

Maybe it has something to do with the teachers strike? Because I know in the past couple of years almost every single school district around the province of BC has been on the same Spring Break schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter