2014 Itineraries?

Does that one picture that previously said "Sunset in Aruba" now say "Sunset in St. Lucia?" Maybe they are just stock photos.

cruisecrasher said:

Is the Magic not showing in Miami though for October sometime?

Unless her and the Wonder are going to cross each other as the Wonder makes its way over to Europe for its dry dock?

But would they have 2 ships out of business at the same time?

Tink1987 said:

Unless her and the Wonder are going to cross each other as the Wonder makes its way over to Europe for its dry dock?

On the DCL website it's currently showing Miami as a port for the Wonder through May 2013 then the Magic starting in October (when the Magic is in Galveston)
So basically, the Magic is unbookable for next September, but both are available in October.

Tink1987 said:

There is nothing available to book on the Magic after its last Med cruise ends in early September until its first Miami cruise begins in late October. The ship will be in dry dock in Europe, and then do its Transatlantic crossing - presumably without passengers.

The Wonder will move from Vancouver to LA, and through the Panama Canal to Galveston in September 2013. If the Wonder goes to Europe for its dry dock, it won't be until at least 2014.

NancyIL said:
There is nothing available to book on the Magic after its last Med cruise ends in early September until its first Miami cruise begins in late October. The ship will be in dry dock in Europe, and then do its Transatlantic crossing - presumably without passengers.

The Wonder will move from Vancouver to LA, and through the Panama Canal to Galveston in September 2013. If the Wonder goes to Europe for its dry dock, it won't be until at least 2014.

So is the rumor valid then, that DCL Wonder won't have Alaska cruises in summer of 2014? Or would the Magic do those and no Europe while Wonder is in drydock? Or if Wonder goes to Europe for drydock, would she stay there???? Hhhhmmmm

So is the rumor valid then, that DCL Wonder won't have Alaska cruises in summer of 2014? Or would the Magic do those and no Europe while Wonder is in drydock? Or if Wonder goes to Europe for drydock, would she stay there???? Hhhhmmmm

I don't know if DCL will go to Alaska or Europe in 2014. However, I am reasonably sure the Wonder's dry dock will not be during the busy and lucrative summer cruising season. It will probably be in the fall of 2014 - just as the Magic's will be in September 2013.

NancyIL said:
I don't know if DCL will go to Alaska or Europe in 2014. However, I am reasonably sure the Wonder's dry dock will not be during the busy and lucrative summer cruising season. It will probably be in the fall of 2014 - just as the Magic's will be in September 2013.

Lol I'm getting confused. There are pictures that are floating about of Copenhagen and Lisbon. OP on here have said that they think these clues ( if that's what's they are) are for the Magic and Wonder for the fall of 2013. That's why I posted about the Wonder or Magic then having to be in Europe for the remainder of 2013........

All I know is that I reeeeaaaalllly hope that dcl goes to northern Europe again in summer 2014. Don't care much with ship but I regret missing the Baltic cruise they did awhile back! That is what I'm wishing for!!!

Ltl Mermaid said:
All I know is that I reeeeaaaalllly hope that dcl goes to northern Europe again in summer 2014. Don't care much with ship but I regret missing the Baltic cruise they did awhile back! That is what I'm wishing for!!!

The Baltic was a very nice cruise. We enjoyed it very much. ;)

Lol I'm getting confused. There are pictures that are floating about of Copenhagen and Lisbon. OP on here have said that they think these clues ( if that's what's they are) are for the Magic and Wonder for the fall of 2013. That's why I posted about the Wonder or Magic then having to be in Europe for the remainder of 2013........

I think the photos of Copenhagen and Lisbon are hints of where DCL might go in the summer of 2014. It has been suggested that DCL might change the itinerary of the fall 2013 cruises from Galveston to go to Jamaica instead of Costa Maya. Or - that might just be one of the new itineraries for the 2014 cruises.

Ltl Mermaid said:

I would love that of they price it reasonably this time. I took a 15 night cruise in DCL for half of the cost if the same cabin for a 12 night Baltic cruise.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Yup I noticed a similar cost difference for the Mediterranean cruise we went on in 2007 with dcl. But, sadly, I am a dcl addict and am willing to pay the price difference. I've been on 3 other cruise lines and enjoyed them, but to me nothing is the same as a Disney cruise! I do however plan on booking onboard to save some $$! Can't wait to see the Fantasy in May and an praying for a 2014 Baltic cruise!!

Oh I am too addicted to DCL, but when I can get three more nights for 1/2 of the price, and that's before Airfare, I am going with the cheaper, longer cruise.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I understand that point of view which is why dcl doesn't always work for everyone. But for me I do whatever I can to make it work, even if it means a shorter cruise and/cutting costs elsewhere! To each their own :)!

Ltl Mermaid said:
I understand that point of view which is why dcl doesn't always work for everyone. But for me I do whatever I can to make it work, even if it means a shorter cruise and/cutting costs elsewhere! To each their own :)!

DCL works for me :) I didn't think the Baltic cruise was that out of line from what we paid for the 07 Med.

The Baltic was our most expensive cruise to date, however, we considered it a once in a lifetime cruise with our two DD's who were able to go since it coincided with school/work breaks.

The Baltic itinerary contained ports that are notoriously very expensive with the port fees, etc., so being that Disney is typically priced higher to begin with, it did ramp up the cost.

That being said, it was a fantastic cruise, we saw places we would never have seen otherwise, and doing it on DCL is our most favorite way to travel around the world...

I am eager still for the 2014 schedule to come out and hopefully move my non-refundable deposit to something there.

I for one will be skipping DCL for 2013. I booked a 7 night Bermuda cruise on the brand new Breakaway for July in a Haven 2 bedroom family villa to follow our April Hawaii cruise on Pride of America.

We still love DCL but the itineraries need to change and the pricing needs to be more competitive to keep doing it.

I just read this on another thread here.

Look at the Disney Wonder Sept. 28th 2013 itinerary map.

Falmouth, Jamaica is a stop. Costa Maya is not listed on the map.

The printed itinerary still shows Costa Maya.

Maybe we are close to hearing about the 2014 routes.

I had mentioned (way back) on this thread that my TA said they were hearing San Juan, PR would be added to the Eastern and Falmouth, Jamaica would be added to the western for many 2014 Caribbean cruises. Since then I've read in two other articles that this may be true :thumbsup2 I'd love to see San Juan, but was REALLY hoping for longer (10-day) cruises to the Southern Caribbean again :confused3

DCL works for me :) I didn't think the Baltic cruise was that out of line from what we paid for the 07 Med.

I completely understand those who only want to sale Disney. We consider the Magic our first home. When we were thinking of doing the Baltic and compared it to our 2007 Med cruises, yes -- the pricing wasn't too much more. However, then we started looking around and comparing the costs and itinerary to other cruise lines and that was the year I discovered how much more we had really been paying :( While we never did take a cruise that year, we looked at HAL and found cruises (some of them with more days) and almost identical itineraries that were a couple thousand less than Disney. For us, that covers airfare.

So before their itineraries come out now we get some ideas of pricing in the field so we have something to compare it to. I absolutely love Disney and everything you get with it, but I have to be honest that if we can save two to three thousand dollars for the same type of room with the same itinerary and possibly a couple of extra days, it's a no-brainer for us. But then again, my daughter is grown now and we don't have little ones to think about ;) I know that that is a big deciding factor for many, and understandably so.

RedSox68 said:
I completely understand those who only want to sale Disney. We consider the Magic our first home. When we were thinking of doing the Baltic and compared it to our 2007 Med cruises, yes -- the pricing wasn't too much more. However, then we started looking around and comparing the costs and itinerary to other cruise lines and that was the year I discovered how much more we had really been paying :( While we never did take a cruise that year, we looked at HAL and found cruises (some of them with more days) and almost identical itineraries that were a couple thousand less than Disney. For us, that covers airfare.

So before their itineraries come out now we get some ideas of pricing in the field so we have something to compare it to. I absolutely love Disney and everything you get with it, but I have to be honest that if we can save two to three thousand dollars for the same type of room with the same itinerary and possibly a couple of extra days, it's a no-brainer for us. But then again, my daughter is grown now and we don't have little ones to think about ;) I know that that is a big deciding factor for many, and understandably so.

If I was traveling without my child or he was older and the price difference was that great, I'd consider other lines too. He's only 5 now and for the next few years Disney seems like the best option especially for cruises over 7 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter