2014 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ: Vacationing in Grand Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so very confused :( I asked a similar question in the CL thread and I must have misunderstood.

So, all of this means that we could be put in a building that is NOT the main or Sugar loaf but we would access the CL lounge of which ever is closer?? I so hope that I am wrong. I do not want to leave my building to go to the CL Lounge with my mom in a wheelchair. Please say that I am wrong :(

I guess that depends on the type of room you booked. If you booked OUTER BUILDING STANDARD ROOM CLUB LEVEL you will be in SL and it has its own lounge in the building. If you booked OUTER BUILDING SUITE (either a 1 BR suite or a 2 BR suite) you most likely will not be in a building with a club lounge. You would have access to both SL and RPC in that case unless this has changed recently to the closest lounge to your room.

I don't follow the CL thread as all my questions have been answered here and I'm GFcentric!

Sorry if I added to your confusion!

Liz

A few months ago I found lagoon view rooms at the GF this September through the Disney website for $400 a night with free dining included. (This is lower than rack rate per Mouse Savers, so maybe the room was discounted, too?) I was looking at prices for next year to decide where we might want to stay with a bounce back offer, and the lowest rates for next year around the same time seem to be around $561, with the moderate level Beach Club and Yacht Club around $400 per night.

I just checked for September 2014, and I'm seeing that same $561 for this year, too, for the same Lagoon view rooms! Does anyone know why the prices jumped from $400 with free dining to $561 in the same month? If we want to spend less money per night on next year's trip, should we consider using a bounceback offer or are the discounts better a few months before a vacation (if you can still find rooms available?) I wanted to have a plan for a possible bounceback offer before we even start our vacation.

Thanks!

Probably one of the infamous Disney website glitches. You can get a discount on the room or free dining, but not both.

I am so very confused :( I asked a similar question in the CL thread and I must have misunderstood.

So, all of this means that we could be put in a building that is NOT the main or Sugar loaf but we would access the CL lounge of which ever is closer?? I so hope that I am wrong. I do not want to leave my building to go to the CL Lounge with my mom in a wheelchair. Please say that I am wrong :(

You will be in Sugar Loaf if you booked outer lodge CL, or the main building if you booked RPC. Only the suites in the other buildings have CL access, there are no other CL rooms in the outer lodges. You will not have to leave your building to go to the lounge.

I think my question got lost in the shuffle...which is ok. I know that can happen easily in a thread as active as this. I was wondering if the laundry machines take just quarters or if you can pay for them with your magic band? TIA!

Sorry I don't do laundry on vacation either :rotfl2: We had to use the dryers one year because we got soaked in a huge rain storm. I don't know the answer since I haven't had to use it since magic bands. That would certainly be convenient if you could use the magic band though.

BlueSkies, I do recall flat Disney90 getting arrested in DHS as well. She was very naughty...hope flat Blue is better behaved. :rotfl2:

Very excited for my first Disney trip in 4 weeks to GF. :)

I booked an Outer Building Standard Club level room. I have always assumed this would be in Sugar Loaf building but on a couple of sites there has been mention to the fact that I could get allocated a standard room in another building with access to the club lounge in Sugar Loaf.

See this from Mousesavers

Club Level provides access to a concierge lounge offering snacks. There are two Club Level lounges at this resort:

Royal Palm Club is in the main building.
Sugar Loaf Club is in the all-Club-Level Sugar Loaf Key building.
“Outer Building” Club Level rooms are assigned to Royal Palm Club or Sugar Loaf Club, depending on which is closer. In other words, they do not have a concierge lounge in the same building.

That would be a bit of a pain of course and not as good as being in Sugar Loaf itself. Can anyone confirm is this is correct or will I be in Sugar Loaf?

You will be in Sugar Loaf.

Last time we stayed in SL the concierge explained the club level access to us as follows:

Booking SL (Outer Building Club Level) gave access to SL only and you stayed in SL building.
Booking Outer Building Suite gave access to both SL and RPC with rooms located in various buildings.
Booking Main Building Rooms (any) gave access to RPC only with rooms located in Main Building.

This may not still be accurate as it has been a year since we stayed but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

Hope this is some help!

:wave2: and Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone has a Grand day.

Liz

You will be in Sugar Loaf if you booked outer lodge CL, or the main building if you booked RPC. Only the suites in the other buildings have CL access, there are no other CL rooms in the outer lodges. You will not have to leave your building to go to the lounge.

:

I guess that depends on the type of room you booked. If you booked OUTER BUILDING STANDARD ROOM CLUB LEVEL you will be in SL and it has its own lounge in the building. If you booked OUTER BUILDING SUITE (either a 1 BR suite or a 2 BR suite) you most likely will not be in a building with a club lounge. You would have access to both SL and RPC in that case unless this has changed recently to the closest lounge to your room.

I don't follow the CL thread as all my questions have been answered here and I'm GFcentric!

Sorry if I added to your confusion!

Liz

OK :) I think the "Suite" thing posted and me not reading carefully, confused me. I thought for some reason that suites were all the rooms. I am all good. Thanks so much!!

Thanks Tom & BlueSkies! My daughter already has three costumes for Halloween week (Princess Tiana, Pocohantas, and Izzy a Neverland Pirate) so we are ready for some spooktacular fun.

I feel like I am more excited to stay at GF than I normally would be since everyone on this board is so lovely. So thanks friends :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 You are very welcome..and thanks to you for your kind words!! :goodvibes I agree..this is a nice place to "hang out" and feel the magic! :wizard:

Three costumes for your DD ...what fun...:cutie:

Forgive me for taking so long to pop back in..but here is the info from the Activities guide from last year :

October 31st Halloween Activities

On the Beach~

4-7pm Halloween Bash on the Beach DJ, character meet and greet, games, dancing and tons of candy..

7:30 Movies Under the Stars ( last year was Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad AND Hocus Pocus)

~Sounds simply spooktacualr to me!! Bet your DD will have a blast! :dance3:

Hey Blue:

It appears from our signatures that we will just miss each other. Although in October I will be cheating on the Grand as we are doing a quick 3 day Food and Wine trip and staying at the Yacht Club. But back at the Grand in February with a split stay at FT. Wilderness.

Tom

So many nice trips! Lucky you!! :goodvibes Didn't we just miss each other last February too....??

Liz

:thumbsup2 ..me either! Love that word GFcentric too!!!

BlueSkies, I do recall flat Disney90 getting arrested in DHS as well. She was very naughty...hope flat Blue is better behaved. :rotfl2:

Only time will tell.....:littleangel:.... That flat Disney90...she sure was hard to keep up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? :rotfl: good thing that the police in DHS got hold of her....lol....

~ Forgot to mention this earlier....not sure how it did either..since it always about the food..lol....Guess who scored a BOG ressie on her MVMCP nite!!!!!????? I have been checking daily..and it finally popped up!!!! :yay: :woohoo: :yay: WooHoo!!!! Now if I could just get an earlier ADR for 'Ohana on our resort nite ....

:thumbsup2 You are very welcome..and thanks to you for your kind words!! :goodvibes I agree..this is a nice place to "hang out" and feel the magic! :wizard:

Three costumes for your DD ...what fun...:cutie:

Forgive me for taking so long to pop back in..but here is the info from the Activities guide from last year :

On the Beach~

4-7pm Halloween Bash on the Beach DJ, character meet and greet, games, dancing and tons of candy..

7:30 Movies Under the Stars ( last year was Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad AND Hocus Pocus)

So many nice trips! Lucky you!! :goodvibes Didn't we just miss each other last February too....??

:thumbsup2 ..me either! Love that word GFcentric too!!!

Only time will tell.....:littleangel:.... That flat Disney90...she sure was hard to keep up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? :rotfl: good thing that the police in DHS got hold of her....lol....

~ Forgot to mention this earlier....not sure how it did either..since it always about the food..lol....Guess who scored a BOG ressie on her MVMCP nite!!!!!????? I have been checking daily..and it finally popped up!!!! :yay: :woohoo: :yay: WooHoo!!!! Now if I could just get an earlier ADR for 'Ohana on our resort nite ....
Flat Blue?!? :rotfl: All I can say is "uh-oh"!! :rotfl2:

I was also gonna say, love that "GFcentric"! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Congrats on getting that all-important BOG ressie! Finally... :cool1:

Hi Blue, k&a&c'smom, grannyminne, and all my GF friends.

Way to go Blue with BOG ADR!!! :cool1: So, I have been reading on another thread that AAA and Disney are ending their partnership together. Bummer. We used to get great discounts on our packages, which made the trips a bit more easy to afford.

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end." Maybe Disney will put out a great discount for next summer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a Grand day my friends!:yay:

Getting ready to do online check in and put in my request. Which is better for TPV and room size, boca Chica building or conch key? I've seen good reviews for both. Also, high floor or low floor? We're 2 adults traveling with 3 little ones who will most likely go to bed early so my husband and I would like to watch the fireworks from our room while they're sleeping.

:thumbsup2

Congrats on the BoG! :dance3: :woohoo: :santa: DH and I keep having that discussion...we decided to try for a fast pass for lunch since all we really wanted was a Cream Puff! The Concierge said we made someone very happy when we released our BoG in favor of Cali Grill but I think we got the better deal!

Getting ready to do online check in and put in my request. Which is better for TPV and room size, boca Chica building or conch key? I've seen good reviews for both. Also, high floor or low floor? We're 2 adults traveling with 3 little ones who will most likely go to bed early so my husband and I would like to watch the fireworks from our room while they're sleeping.

I am not a lot of help in choosing locations but I can say we stayed in a room with an enclosed balcony. It is my understanding the top floor rooms (Dormers) have that enclosed balcony as opposed to the wood railing type. You cannot see anything (well I couldn't!) sitting down so I would suggest requesting a non-dormer room or requesting a lower floor if you want to sit and see. Just my opinion though!

Happy Thursday and have a Grand Day!

BlueSkies Thanks for the information - its much appreciated. I will take photos that evening and share the Halloween festivities at GF with everyone ! Also, congrats on BOG - I was not so lucky for our visit despite booking 180 days out. That being said I did book HDDR for the first time and I'm really excited to see the show. I've heard so many great things about it.

I hope everyone has a lovely day!

Hi there, I'm new to the thread but love GF.
I have never stayed in a GFV but am considering renting some points for February 2015 (over :tink:Valentines Day weekend!) however I know nothing about the GFVs as I have never stayed there before.
How do they compare to over villas at WDW?
We will just be two adults, but would love a balcony & a view - are these offered with a GFV?
If you were to stay in a Villa, would the GF be your choice? We have several ADRs in other resorts so I thought using MK as a nearby hub would simplify transportation & may even cut down on transportation times.
Further, we have a full evening planned at V&A & a Wishes! pontoon cruise planned for afterwards.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hi there, I'm new to the thread but love GF.
I have never stayed in a GFV but am considering renting some points for February 2015 (over :tink:Valentines Day weekend!) however I know nothing about the GFVs as I have never stayed there before.
How do they compare to over villas at WDW?
We will just be two adults, but would love a balcony & a view - are these offered with a GFV?
If you were to stay in a Villa, would the GF be your choice? We have several ADRs in other resorts so I thought using MK as a nearby hub would simplify transportation & may even cut down on transportation times.
Further, we have a full evening planned at V&A & a Wishes! pontoon cruise planned for afterwards.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Here is the post from page one.

They are the nicest of the villas at WDW.

All rooms have balcony or enclosed 1st floor patio.

We stayed in a 2br and loved it. The only other dvc resorts I have tried is OKW and BLT. BLT is my 2nd choice, we really liked that too.

If doing a studio however the VGF is much larger than blt. For 1/2 bedroom both would be fine.

Sounds like you have a lot of good stuff planned too:banana:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51108636&postcount=15

Flat Blue?!? :rotfl: All I can say is "uh-oh"!! :rotfl2:

I was also gonna say, love that "GFcentric"! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Congrats on getting that all-important BOG ressie! Finally... :cool1:

Thanks grannyminnie..:goodvibes We are really excited to dine at BOG again... Liz definitely coined a word that describes us all don't you think...??? lol...:thumbsup2

As for flat Blue..I was really hoping to over lap trips with Maxie..but it is not to be this time...so my flat double will be tagging along....:moped:

Way to go Blue with BOG ADR!!! :cool1: So, I have been reading on another thread that AAA and Disney are ending their partnership together. Bummer. We used to get great discounts on our packages, which made the trips a bit more easy to afford.

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end." Maybe Disney will put out a great discount for next summer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey there MommyG Good to "see" you!! :hug: How are you faring the first few weeks of college..??? :hug:

I read that about AAA and Disney too...Hoping for some great offers for next year to us all!! :wizard:

Gee..that is a tough one..I would say that more people recommend Conch for those views...but a family member of ours had a great room with a view in Boca Chica??? I think the room # was 8411.... Decisions decisions...you can't go wrong with either IMO...

Congrats on the BoG! :dance3: :woohoo: :santa: DH and I keep having that discussion...we decided to try for a fast pass for lunch since all we really wanted was a Cream Puff! The Concierge said we made someone very happy when we released our BoG in favor of Cali Grill but I think we got the better deal!

Happy Thursday and have a Grand Day!

Thanks Liz :goodvibes I hear the BOG lunch is terrific too..Enjoy! Hmmm..whats this about a cream puff...do tell... Maybe BOG lunch will be on our list of dining for a 2015 trip.... I agree that CG is a great ADR... great food andd a fabulous view...what could be better!!

BlueSkies Thanks for the information - its much appreciated. I will take photos that evening and share the Halloween festivities at GF with everyone ! Also, congrats on BOG - I was not so lucky for our visit despite booking 180 days out. That being said I did book HDDR for the first time and I'm really excited to see the show. I've heard so many great things about it.

Happy to share any info that I can! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to your pics of the GF Halloween happenings! As for BOG...we got that ressies recently and our trip is only 2 months away...Keep trying :wizard:..last trip I was able to get one at about 1 month out! ::yes::

Thoughtful Thursday here today... remembering all of those lost on 9/11..and the familes and friends they left behind.... :(

Hi there, MommyGina...:wave2:
I had not yet heard that about AAA cutting ties with Disney! Yet another chance to get discounts gone! :sad2:

Hi, Trish....:)

Yep, Blue! "GF-centric" suits me to a "T"! :thumbsup2

On the Beach~

We will be at the GF that week too! And heading to the HDDR for the first time as well! Unfortunately we are booked for the early sitting, on Halloween, so we will miss out on the Halloween activities at the resort :guilty: We plan on wandering around at FW after dinner to check out the Halloween decorations. Maybe we can at least get back in time to see part of the movie.

Hi there, MommyGina...:wave2:
I had not yet heard that about AAA cutting ties with Disney! Yet another chance to get discounts gone! :sad2:

Hi, Trish....:)

Yep, Blue! "GF-centric" suits me to a "T"! :thumbsup2

Looks like Blue and I (at poly;) ) will miss you!Rats!

I needed christmas (my moms request) you are getting halloween. Maybe next year!!!

Hope you have a great trip!

I needed christmas (my moms request) you are getting halloween. Maybe next year!!!

I love going both times of year, and have been to both parties. I really enjoy the fall decorations, since we are less likely to see alot of that anywhere else! :goodvibes

Thanks Liz :goodvibes I hear the BOG lunch is terrific too..Enjoy! Hmmm..whats this about a cream puff...do tell... Maybe BOG lunch will be on our list of dining for a 2015 trip.... I agree that CG is a great ADR... great food andd a fabulous view...what could be better!!

Last time we visited BoG for dinner I didn't care for the chicken and tomato sauce dish I had. Since the only other things I had were French Onion Soup (YUMMMM) and The Grey Stuff (which wasn't that great imo) and DH chose the Passion Fruit Cream Puff (renamed Tropical Fruit Cream Puff) which he kindly gave me. :love: It was to DIE for. He also ordered the Triple Chocolate Cupcake that was delicious as well!
So if the most memorable thing of the meal was dessert....why not go for that! ::yes::

We will be at the GF that week too! And heading to the HDDR for the first time as well! Unfortunately we are booked for the early sitting, on Halloween, so we will miss out on the Halloween activities at the resort :guilty: We plan on wandering around at FW after dinner to check out the Halloween decorations. Maybe we can at least get back in time to see part of the movie.

Sounds like we will be there at the same time! I love Halloween since it means the Holidays are just around the corner.

I love going both times of year, and have been to both parties. I really enjoy the fall decorations, since we are less likely to see alot of that anywhere else! :goodvibes

We are considering either a Thanksgiving or Christmas trip next year. All of the Christmas Decorations weren't up during our November trip last year. I just need to wean the mob who show up at our house for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners off this year so I can sneak away!

DH gave me a new word for the week. I said I needed to do a bit of shopping before we left next month and he replied "Why not just wait and go to WaltMart when we get there!" He is such a sweetheart! :lovestruc

Liz

DH gave me a new word for the week. I said I needed to do a bit of shopping before we left next month and he replied "Why not just wait and go to WaltMart when we get there!" He is such a sweetheart! :lovestruc

Liz

I really need to get a Disionary to understand you sharpwitted ladies!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter