2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

For those that might be interested, the featured winery for the V&A sig dinner may be Paul Hobbs, dunno if that's set in stone.

First - YAY! Y'all will have a blast.

Second - Tuesday shouldn't be extremely crowed for F&W, but night and weekends are. World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00, so I would check out Future World rides first.

Third - the kidcot passports are awesome. I think mine was $10 for the passport, a big button, and stickers. You can also ask them to write a certain word/phrase in their language. "Sisters" would be awesome! I think they usually write hello or welcome. F&W has a separate passport (I think it's free?) that gets stamped after you order something from their booth. I have no clue about combining them.

Thank you so much! We hope so, my biggest worries now are fitting fastpass+ with our ADRs and character meetings! I want to meet everyone I can, but the idea of staying too long on lines for them worries me ):

Ah, great! Will see what we can fastpass+for the mornings!

Oh, so there are two different ones? That's nice! Will probably want both haha, thank you so much for the info!

I didn't call until 7:30 am and was on hold for about 40 minutes.

I was surprised I had no problem getting Robert Irvine Food for Thought...I thought for sure it would be gone. I am doing this one solo, so maybe that made it easier.

I also got the Food and Wine pairing at Restaurant Marrakesh. (I wanted to do Hibachi, but my friends wanted to do this one.)

I also booked a few deminars last week with the TIW window.

I've been to F&W every year for several years, last year was my first event, a deminar. This year I have 6 events! I wonder what will happen next year!

We did the Morocco wine pairing in 2011, and it was fabulous, loved it! We are doing the Hibachi this year, because we couldn't get in last year.

We have been every year since 2000 :scared1: but didn't really get into the special events until maybe 2009 or 2010. Last year we had an event every single day, and three on Saturday! It was way too much, but heck of a lot of fun. This year we cut way back, and even have one full day scheduled for the MK, with dinner in EP of course...

Which events can be booked online starting tomorrow?

It's in the second post, but since nobody reads the first posts:

Party for the Senses (general admission only)
3D Dessert Discovery (general admission only)
Culinary Demonstrations
Mixology Seminars
Beverage Seminars

I have seen nothing that indicates that online booking will be made available for general admission at A Tribute to Walt Disney or the Puerto Rico event, although similar events in the past have had online booking for general admission only.

It used to be that if you wanted the TIW/AP/DVC/Golden Oak discount for the Monday-Thursday deminars you had to call, not book online.

I HAVE seen one site that appears to state online booking will not be available for the PFTS on October 25. Don't know if that is actually the case or not but be prepared to have to call for that one. General admission usually does not sell out really quickly like the reserved seating options do.

For the resort reservation number I used the 12-digit number -- worked like a charm. She pulled up everything in seconds and just did a quick verification of the address.

Perfect thanks - as I am from the UK I don't want to spend ages spelling addresses etc just incase there is a bit of an accent understanding issue ;-)

It's in the second post, but since nobody reads the first posts:

Party for the Senses (general admission only)
3D Dessert Discovery (general admission only)
Culinary Demonstrations
Mixology Seminars
Beverage Seminars

I have seen nothing that indicates that online booking will be made available for general admission at A Tribute to Walt Disney or the Puerto Rico event, although similar events in the past have had online booking for general admission only.

It used to be that if you wanted the TIW/AP/DVC/Golden Oak discount for the Monday-Thursday deminars you had to call, not book online.

I HAVE seen one site that appears to state online booking will not be available for the PFTS on October 25. Don't know if that is actually the case or not but be prepared to have to call for that one. General admission usually does not sell out really quickly like the reserved seating options do.

I'm wondering if online booking might be possible (assuming there are still seats) for the Tribute to Walt Disney because when I went to the Disney World dining reservation website, they have place holders for "3D" Disney’s Dessert Discovery, Culinary Demonstrations, Dining Through the Decades A Tribute to Walt, Mixology Seminars, Party for the Senses, and Wine & Beverage Seminars. We know that 3D Dessert Party, the Demos and Seminars, and the PftS would be available online, so I'm thinking that the place holder for the Dining Through the Decades is an indication that it'll be available online.

I am guessing that most Parisian Breakfasts will sell out on the first day. Maybe not in the first few hours. If they have increased capacity I might give them a couple of days.

They actually added slots to it last year so I assume they were using a smaller part of the restaurant until they figured out that it was going to be very popular.

I called Member Services to book our "deminars" last week. No wait at all, booked all 3 things we wanted and got the discount price on the 2 we are doing on a Monday. (No discounts on Friday.)

Yesterday I called right at 7 AM on 2 different phones. The first one said 11 minute hold time, then went silent. The second one didn't give me an estimated hold time, but it did play hold music. At about 30 minutes in the silent one was picked up by a CM. I wish I had read this thread prior to calling because it was a mad scramble for my stupid resort reservation number. Had to log in on MDE to find it, stressing all the while that someone else was getting my events! :scared:

I was only hoping to book 2 things - the Italian wine paring luncheon and the Flying Fish signature dinner. Luckily I got both, so I do not need to call back. :thumbsup2

As a newbie I wonder if someone could help me... I'm wanting to book a cheese seminar, I take it that I have to call for that and that it isn't one that could be booked online?

We did the Morocco wine pairing in 2011, and it was fabulous, loved it! We are doing the Hibachi this year, because we couldn't get in last year.

We have been every year since 2000 :scared1: but didn't really get into the special events until maybe 2009 or 2010. Last year we had an event every single day, and three on Saturday! It was way too much, but heck of a lot of fun. This year we cut way back, and even have one full day scheduled for the MK, with dinner in EP of course...

Oh good! I'd only read a couple of mediocre reviews on it. I ate lunch at Restaurant Marrrakesh once before and really enjoyed it.

My events are mostly spread out. 2 deminars with six people on Saturday, 1 event on Tuesday, and two events on Friday. The final event is a month later on a second trip.

Thanks!

Tables on Womderlanf has added two events. One is an after hours party on week nights. The other is kind of an upgrade to your day with special eating areas and food delivery on selected days. (No weekends).

http://cdn.media.tablesinwonderland.com/Files/2014 FW Booklet.pdf

Details at the end of brochure

Why must Disney do this to me?! It's too late now to see if Shades of Green is included in the resorts for the Food and Wine Premium Package. Can anyone put me out of my misery by telling me if it is?

Tables on Womderlanf has added two events. One is an after hours party on week nights. The other is kind of an upgrade to your day with special eating areas and food delivery on selected days. (No weekends).

http://cdn.media.tablesinwonderland.com/Files/2014 FW Booklet.pdf

Details at the end of brochure

I was just about to post this info. I wish this information would have been released before I made reservations on Tuesday. I would have reserved the Food & Wine Fest late nights live (the premium package is also interesting with the limited edition Magic Band) but I'm already over budget!

Why must Disney do this to me?! It's too late now to see if Shades of Green is included in the resorts for the Food and Wine Premium Package. Can anyone put me out of my misery by telling me if it is?

My basic reaction based on this info is that it wouldn't be
Since they specifically list the Swan/Dolphin and Golden Oak I would think they would have listed SOG.

But you can call tomorrow and ask. The worst that happens is they say no.

I'm sorry if this has been asked. I've tried to scan through the thread.

I really want to surprise my husband with tickets to the Party of the Senses on October 11th. His birthday is the 10th and we leave for our Disney Dream cruise on the 12th so it's perfect timing. Is the party really crowd? Anyone experience with getting the Level 1 Vine Lounge or Level 2 reserved seating? I want to do it but I'm afraid it will be super crowded and you can't get to the food stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter