2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

My DH and I really enjoyed our mixology on DCL earlier this year and are thinking of trying one this year at F&W. We will be traveling with our kids (9&7) and there is obviously no kids club to park them at. Am I allowed to pay for my kids if I wanted spots for them to hang out? Can they hang out at mixology without spots? How long d they usually take - if more than an hour they would be bored out of their minds and I wouldn't want to do that on a family vacation. How 'tipsy' do you generally get at a mixology? I was definitely feeling a buzz on DCL so need to think about that, too. May try a culinary one instead as they are both getting interested in cooking - maybe a pastry one? That sounds kid friendly?

People under 21 are not permitted at the beverage seminars. They will not be able to "hang out" or sit with you at the beverage seminars. They've set up a table away from the area where children can sit and color, but they must remain there - they cannot be in the seminar area. If you have children too young to be separated from the adults, you're out of luck unless you have someone there to watch them; the CMs working the festival will not watch them for you. Children are permitted at the culinary demos but you must buy them a ticket, they will not be served wine, and the only alternate beverage is water.

What is the correct time to call and book tomorrow (7/25) for TIW members?

TDCNala's post says 7:00 AM EST, but the email I received from TIW says 9:00 AM EST. I called Disney Dining and they said they could not take bookings until 9:00 AM EST.

Seems like Disney reservations and the information trail is the same as previous years - - confusing.

Is it common for very few (almost no) special events to be held the first weekend? This is our first time attending and decided to book the opening weekend, but there are so few culinary events Sept. 19-21 when my husband and I were going over the schedule he actually asked me, "are you sure the festival is even happening when we're there?"

We're a bit disappointed we're missing out on signature dinners, Party for the Senses and the Dessert Discovery. Are these all in October mostly every year?

I guess the upside is that's a lot more money to put towards marketplace snacks!

DFB says 9 AM too. Will change 2nd post.

Isn't that really the same as the TiW email saying it? ;)

Slightly more on-topic, has anyone been to other (non-Disney) food festivals? I've only been to WDW's and I'm curious how it compares to those at NYC, Aspen, SOBE, etc.

Is it common for very few (almost no) special events to be held the first weekend? This is our first time attending and decided to book the opening weekend, but there are so few culinary events Sept. 19-21 when my husband and I were going over the schedule he actually asked me, "are you sure the festival is even happening when we're there?"

We're a bit disappointed we're missing out on signature dinners, Party for the Senses and the Dessert Discovery. Are these all in October mostly every year?

I guess the upside is that's a lot more money to put towards marketplace snacks!

No it is not common, Ellie Badge. The organizers screwed up this year and didn't give the added extra week to the venues in time. Places like Flying Fish, The French Regionals, etc had all their ducks in a row and then the powers that be added that first week. Crazy.

Im not convinced there wont be some changes. I say this for this reason. We arrive on Sept 25th. I had planned to book the 3-D for the 26th but if it wasn't going to be held that night I would grab the regular Dessert pty for that night. When all the dessert parties came into the system the 19th and 26th of Sept were both noticeably absent from the dates. They had just come in and I even called to verify they were not sold out , just not there. So good guess that the 3-D would be on those nights but nope, not starting till the next wk acc'd to all reports. Except if you look on the Disney site for both the 3-d and PFTS they both say more info to come. So I called today, the CM agreed it was odd and went to check with someone and came back and told me that there "might" be some add'l dates or events and that they were still " working on things".
What surprises me is for such a large event one would have thought all these details would have been worked out months ago.
So for now we've booked a boat for a private showing of Illuminations. We might change if the party comes up but I wasn't waiting any longer.

Anyone have advice on which phone number I will have better luck with tomorrow? WDW FEST with TiW or DVC Member Services?

My first F/W Festival with my DD (almost 18) for a mom-daughter weekend!
Fingers r ready to call DVC MS tomorrow morning. Nervous yet excited!
A little advice?
Arriving 9-25 to 9-29.
Xoxox

I just looked at the Food and Wine menus and I think we're going to cancel our lunch ADR at Biergarten and just eat our way around the world. I'm starving now just thinking about it!!

If we go during the week (Thursday), how hard is it going to be to navigate with kids? Is it rowdy and crowded? I'm worried it's going to be like a Saturday night at a frat house and maybe I don't want to bring my kids (10 and 4).

So it's been a loooong time since I have been to F & W. The last time I was there, most things were free and you just lined up about 30 minutes before hand. I realize those days are long gone but are these $15 seminars the same ones that used to be free? Or are these more in depth than before? Also I was looking at doing the Sunday Mornings with..... Do you think we would get to meet the chef? Any idea how large these would be? I think I would pay the money if I knew it would be like less than 50 but if its hundreds of people then I don't know.

....I know how you feel. I am hard-pressed to spend big bucks when my DH has Celiac and I have to address his GF dietary needs....

I just looked at the Food and Wine menus and I think we're going to cancel our lunch ADR at Biergarten and just eat our way around the world. I'm starving now just thinking about it!!

If we go during the week (Thursday), how hard is it going to be to navigate with kids? Is it rowdy and crowded? I'm worried it's going to be like a Saturday night at a frat house and maybe I don't want to bring my kids (10 and 4).

Smart decision to just eat around the world instead! You should be fine on a Thursday afternoon--even with little ones. Personally, I'd try to be out of the park before dark. Navigating World Showcase after the sun goes down can be a bit tricky. I have only ever seen it a bit rowdy on Saturday's, but even then it was rowdy for Disney, not rowdy for Times Square or Bourbon Street. It's all relative!

Is the food n wine festival included in ur admin tix?? I see lots of talk of reservations and tix.. But not specify stated it cost a fee...

Is the food n wine festival included in ur admin tix?? I see lots of talk of reservations and tix.. But not specify stated it cost a fee...
....your park ticket gives you admission into Epcot. However, the kiosks have food FOR SALE - they aren't 'free samples'. There are also many kinds of activities that have varying prices like breakfasts in France, to lunch in Italy, to a host of other things....

UGH are you serious?!? I was wondering how I got through so quickly.. I came one here to check I called the right number

Apparently so!! I'm so frustrated!! It's 4am for me and I'm TIRED! I only slept about 2 hours before I woke up because I was so anxious to book these!

Apparently so!! I'm so frustrated!! It's 4am for me and I'm TIRED! I only slept about 2 hours before I woke up because I was so anxious to book these!

Oh no! I'm eastern and normally come to work around 730 but got here at 7 to book so not much of an inconvenience for me.

Try and got back to sleep for an hour! I know if it was me, I'd still be too anxious that I'd over sleep or something. Sending good vibes that you get to book what you want! :goodvibes

Smart decision to just eat around the world instead! You should be fine on a Thursday afternoon--even with little ones. Personally, I'd try to be out of the park before dark. Navigating World Showcase after the sun goes down can be a bit tricky. I have only ever seen it a bit rowdy on Saturday's, but even then it was rowdy for Disney, not rowdy for Times Square or Bourbon Street. It's all relative!

:thumbsup2 I agree=the later it is the more crowded it is...and closer to weekends its filled with locals partying (mostly young 20 somethings)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter