2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

There were no stickers on mine and these are not fine crystal. This should not have happened after one wash.

I agree. Ours from last year have peeling labels. The beer pint glass I believe. Our FW glasses from several years ago, with a logo-decal thing, still look new. It's just a decreasing quality issue.

This will happen to any glass that has the decal type design on them. Years ago the design was etched on and they could withstand the dishwasher. Not so with the cost reduced decal designs. Laura

So why hasn't happened to the ones from a few years ago?

Why hasn't happened to other glasses I had that look a lot like that one that have this type of decoration on them?

Only glasses I have ever had this happen to on the first run in the dishwasher were these.

But these costs more than most of the little souvenir glasses I have. Pay more receive less

Just a quick update from the Festival regarding the Premium Areas. The areas now have a couple of places to sit and umbrellas for shade. For example in Canada there are two picnic tables and a stand-up table.

Thanks for the update! We'll be there, next week! :cool1:

...sounds dee-LISH!

The Italian Regional Lunch was wonderful:thumbsup2

The only "issue" I had is that we had duck as our main course ... the same protein we had on Sunday at the French Regional Lunch. Luckily they chef was able to swap out the duck for chicken for me since I can't eat duck.

Anybody going to Walt's Dinner tomorrow? My friend and I will be there in reserved seating. Looking forward to this!

And I have to eat my words...

Received a call this morning from the same guy I spoke to on the 29th who said he was going to research this and get back to me. He was able to get two reserved seats for us and I just had to give him my credit card info for the difference in price. :cool1: Excellent job,Disney! I am impressed that he did what he said he would do. And now we have all of our events so I don't have to call in a few hours to try to book anything. The Disney Visa card is worth having if only for the ability to book special events early!

I got my reminder email for the event tonight and it says
GENERAL ADMISSION. I am going to be VERY irritated if I paid for reserved seats and find that the CM who supposedly fixed my incorrect reservation in the first place really didn't fix it.

Anybody going to Walt's Dinner tomorrow? My friend and I will be there in reserved seating. Looking forward to this!

I am supposed to be there in reserved seating but we'll see. My reminder email is incorrect saying General Admission. I'll be there with my husband, I'm on an ECV so you can't miss me.

Going to the French Regional Lunch on Sunday. It starts at noon. What time should I plan to be there? Is seating open or is it assigned? Thanks.

I got my reminder email for the event tonight and it says
GENERAL ADMISSION. I am going to be VERY irritated if I paid for reserved seats and find that the CM who supposedly fixed my incorrect reservation in the first place really didn't fix it.

All went well, we were on the reserved seating list afterall. The event was much like Party for the Senses so I'm very glad that we did have reserved seats.

Going to the French Regional Lunch on Sunday. It starts at noon. What time should I plan to be there? Is seating open or is it assigned? Thanks.

The doors open about 10 minutes early.

The line usually starts forming around 10-15 minutes before doors open.

It is assigned tables (either 4 or 6 people per table).

Ed

We just returned from our second F&W. I didn't think anything could top the Signature Dinner we did at Brown Derby last year, but this year's Signature Dinner at the Yachtsman did just that - it was an incredible 10 course feast. All the dishes were so creative and the flavors were outstanding. Their theme was 1920's Speakeasy, so instead of wine pairings they did cocktail pairings, and only those cocktails from the era - manhattans, old fashioneds, sidecars, lime rickeys. I am not a cocktail fan, but they were all delicious, and matched perfectly to the dishes. And no hangover the next morning. The meal featured crab, squab, veal, an amazing Spanish fish baked in salt, and two dessert courses. The staff at the Yachtsman, and the mixologist did their best to make it a memorable and entertaining evening.

So I noticed a few complaints about the beers being mostly foam (1/3 foam???).
Obviously I wont accept that - but was wondering if that is what others are experiencing

So I noticed a few complaints about the beers being mostly foam (1/3 foam???). Obviously I wont accept that - but was wondering if that is what others are experiencing

I had several beers there last week and did not notice this. They are 3.5 ounces this year.

Apologies if this has already been answered did a quick search and couldn't find - do you have to get there in advance to pick up tickets at the podium like in years past or can they scan your magic band at the presentation now? Just wondering as the reservation is linked in My Disney Experience for the first time.

Day two of F&W, and loving every moment. The Craft Beer area (the former Odyssey building) is very relaxing! I'm very glad we brought our snack/drink trays from last year (the square plastic trays with a spot to hold your drink) because all we could find this year were cheaper plastic round trays (and most of the food is served in rectangular cardboard holders!) We spotted someone who had a square tray with this year's logo and tracked her down to ask where she got it. The shop at International Gateway was the only place that has them. The Festival Center didn't even have them. Seemed like the Festival Center didn't have as much merchandise this year.

My faves: pineapple wine in Hawaii, griddle Greek cheese (in Greece obviously), kielbasa and pierogis in Poland, key lime wine at Farm Fresh, and probably a few others I'm forgetting right now!

So I noticed a few complaints about the beers being mostly foam (1/3 foam???). Obviously I wont accept that - but was wondering if that is what others are experiencing

We were there for 4 days (10/15-10/18) and I hit most of the beers, not one foamy beer!

We just got back from our F&W trip less than a week ago. I bought the set of (4) stemless wine glasses. They were packaged up nice for me to take home. I unwrapped them when I got home but hadn't opened the box up until tonight. I was going to keep 2 of them for myself and give 2 to my parents. Two of the glasses are fine. The other 2, the "festival 2014" is rubbed almost completely off!! Anyone else experienced this?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter