2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

Does anyone know when the official menus/booths will be announced? We are going the first week, and I can't wait to find out what will be there!

Does anybody have any links or suggestions for someone who has NEVER attended before?

DW and & are talking about a trip Sept 16-24 and I'd like to take this in - but know little to nothing about it.

How are the crowds generally the 1st week ?

Does anybody have any links or suggestions for someone who has NEVER attended before?

DW and & are talking about a trip Sept 16-24 and I'd like to take this in - but know little to nothing about it.

I can't comment on the first week.

Last year was our first F&W. Disneyfoodblog.com has reviews up for the last year's booths. That helped us narrow down a bit what we might like to try. Josh at easyWDW.com covers F&W as well.

We were fortunate to have MagicBands last year, which made F&W really easy. I didn't have to fumble with a wallet or a card; they just scanned my MB, and I walked away with food and booze.

We were fortunate to have MagicBands last year, which made F&W really easy. I didn't have to fumble with a wallet or a card; they just scanned my MB, and I walked away with food and booze.

Last year was my first F&W in like a decade. Also my first visit with a magic band. I so loved the convenience of it at the booths! And now i'm addicted to F&W and am so excited to go back this year!

I don't think Argentina is going to be there with that meat on a stick that I loved so much. Hope Singapore is back with the chicken curry - I couldn't get enough of that. And the spicy beef at the Africa booth...

Does anyone know when the official menus/booths will be announced? We are going the first week, and I can't wait to find out what will be there!

Sorry but we haven't the slightest idea. Used to be you would get events at the end of July, booths in August and you wouldn't get seminars/demonstrations until right before you could book them. but the festival starts a week earlier this year - so we don't have any idea. We don't even have a booking date yet. Stay tuned.

The link to the Disney Food Blog in the first post will tell you all you need to know about last year's festival. However, they don't have anything more about this year than we have. As far as the crowds, avoid Friday evenings and Saturdays and if you can, stick to Monday-Thursday. Even those will get more crowded in the evening so start early.

I don't think Argentina is going to be there with that meat on a stick that I loved so much.

It appears they will fold Argentina into the Patagonia booth this year.

The DisneyFoodBlog is a good place to start. Lots of photos and facts. Not a Disney site but the author, AJ Wolfe has Disney's 'seal of approval'.

I think the crowds are pretty steady throughout the festival, with weekends being packed, shoulder to shoulder. Think 'street party' crowds.

We like to hit the World Showcase by 11 am to avoid the 5 o'clock hunger blitz, when guests from other parks start to visit the festival. I guess the locals come over for dinner bites too. The lines move pretty quickly, unless there is a glitch with the cash registers.

We are going during Halloween week and are SO excited! It's our first time and DH is very much a foodie, so this should be really fun!

I decided to make my first visit to Disney World a 4 day solo trip to the Food and Wine Festival! I am too excited! :banana:

I'll bring the kids next year.......

We are attending again this year. :rotfl: my mother surprised me with a trip for my birthday!!!:love:

Information was released today for the TIW Preview Party.

thanks Zin, it's in the first post now. July 19. It seems they have moved that up a week as well. So maybe the booking date will move up a week which will put it about August 5 (it's usually a Tuesday).

This is usually where the event schedule is released, at least for the special events. We don't get the seminars and demonstrations until later. There will be tons of media there, so info should get out fast.

Some of it may trickle out before then, too.

thanks Zin, it's in the first post now. July 19. It seems they have moved that up a week as well. So maybe the booking date will move up a week which will put it about August 5 (it's usually a Tuesday).

This is usually where the event schedule is released, at least for the special events. We don't get the seminars and demonstrations until later. There will be tons of media there, so info should get out fast.

Some of it may trickle out before then, too.

Welcome! Yes, that's what we're thinking too, everything a week earlier.

I'll be looking for DisneyFoodBlog and AllEarsNet updates on the night of July 19, since I won't be attending this year. :eek:

Coming to WDW the last weekend of the festival with my DH & DS. We have never been to the festival. Not sure I understand it all. I've looked at the sight info and still have some questions. Since we were not planning on the festival when we booked our trip, we don't have a budget for any of the things that require reservations this trip. What can we do and see there as first timers without a plan?

Coming to WDW the last weekend of the festival with my DH & DS. We have never been to the festival. Not sure I understand it all. I've looked at the sight info and still have some questions. Since we were not planning on the festival when we booked our trip, we don't have a budget for any of the things that require reservations this trip. What can we do and see there as first timers without a plan?

The link to the Disney Food Blog on the first post will give you a very good overview of what is available at the festival. If you do not want any reservations for anything, you will be likely to only concentrate on the World Showcase kiosks and maybe some of the Festival Center items. We don't have the particulars for 2014 yet, but there are detailed reviews of 2013 on that site, including photographs. That will give you a better idea of what you might want to do than anything.

If you are on a budget, make sure you review the prices of the kiosk items.

You will probably need reservations to do any of the special events, although if one interests you, you can ask at Guest Services day of if there are still spaces for it - and maybe grab a no-show at one of the venues, that's not always possible but sometimes it works. The reservations for the events are not refundable so it cuts down some on no-shows, but it still happens.

There's also the Eat to the Beat concerts at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot, there will be 3 separate sets by one artist or group each evening of the festival, we dont' have exact times yet, list of the 2014 artists is in the first post of this thread.

What are the crowds likely to be like the last two days of the festival? We get in on Sat 8th of November and plan on dedicating the majority of Sunday and Monday to the festival - would like to know what sort of crowds to expect and if one evening is likely to be busier than the other!

What are the crowds likely to be like the last two days of the festival? We get in on Sat 8th of November and plan on dedicating the majority of Sunday and Monday to the festival - would like to know what sort of crowds to expect and if one evening is likely to be busier than the other!

On that Saturday, they won't be as bad as Sunday. The wine and dine half is that night. Sunday will be packed. On a scale of 1-10, it will be a 10.

The following Monday, the actual last day will be less crowded.

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter