2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! I think my husband would lose his mind if I said "oh by the way... I'm just gonna run to Disney for a few days!!" would be awesome though! ~N
Wish my wife would say that. Lol

Don't know if anyone is interested, but when the summer discount first came out I was unable to apply it to our YC CL LV rooms. Well, it is now available and it saved us an additional $2129.50!!!!! That brings the total summer discount savings for all of our reservations for 12 people to well over $7000!!!!

Just thought I would let everyone know in case anyone was interested in the YC CL LV discount rate. :)

:banana::banana:
Wooohoooo flights are booked for the big trip! Jetblue just released the dates this afternoon... this will be my first time flying from Austin to MCO.... still have to get the rental car to drive to Austin. DH and I figured we would just drive to Austin(about 3 hr drive) and have some good BBQ before heading to MCO! Oh and I added another day so now we leave on 10/29 so I'll need to book the hotel the night before the Disney parts! Thank God they opened the flight booking window... can't add anymore days now!! :)

Now more planning!!

~N

Did I mention that DH and I will be at WDW 10/29-11/2? Must meet up for some food and wine fun:drinking1

We will be checking into BC in 47 days :goodvibes. We are so excited to be back at our beloved BC. Since we should be at the resort by 11am (plane lands at 9:39am), we plan on giving our bags to Bell Services, have lunch at B&C (we do have an ADR) and spend a couple of hours in SAB. I was wondering, I know a while back it was said that we could not use the lockers in the health club to change into our suits, but rather use the ones by the pool. Where exactly are the lockers? Thank you for the info.

So much planning going on for our trip. We'll be staying end of August so we are going to be using SAB a lot :beach:. I also plan on having food in our room so I was wondering does anyone know if I can request to have a microwave in our room? I know there is one at the Marketplace but this would save time to have it in our room. Thanks!

We will be checking into BC in 47 days :goodvibes. We are so excited to be back at our beloved BC. Since we should be at the resort by 11am (plane lands at 9:39am), we plan on giving our bags to Bell Services, have lunch at B&C (we do have an ADR) and spend a couple of hours in SAB. I was wondering, I know a while back it was said that we could not use the lockers in the health club to change into our suits, but rather use the ones by the pool. Where exactly are the lockers? Thank you for the info.
Our plane landed at 9:35 am. We got to the BC at 11am. And our room was ready when we checked in. :) Maybe you'll get lucky, too.

I'm back. Sort of! After losing a week to Music Man, and another week to Night at the Wax Museum, I have a lot of catching up to do here, and everywhere else!

I am going to keep up from this page forward, then in the next couple of days I'll go back through the pages I have missed. If you are new here, let me give you a generic :welcome: for now.

Show went really well. Here's a couple of pictures. Ben was Butch Cassidy and I was Madame Ching.

That is an excellent question, especially with the new policy about the locker rooms that has been reported. I think the lockers are (were) by the former "Pool Side Gifts" building which is now being used as an office space for the recreation staff.

It is near the activities pool.

The lockers were not in great shape last I heard. And with poolside gifts closed, I'm not sure where you get a key. Maybe now these are lockers where you just remove the key when you use the locker?

I don't know.

If there is someone who is staying in the next couple of weeks, can you scope out the locker situation (a picture would be great) and report back to us? I wonder what lifeguards or other recreation staff are telling pool guests who ask about the health club showers/locker room.

:scratchin

So much planning going on for our trip. We'll be staying end of August so we are going to be using SAB a lot :beach:. I also plan on having food in our room so I was wondering does anyone know if I can request to have a microwave in our room? I know there is one at the Marketplace but this would save time to have it in our room. Thanks!

Yes, you can request a microwave for your room at checkin or from housekeeping. It is free-of-charge, but based on availability.

:goodvibes

natebenma - That is so good to know. Crossing my fingers one is available :goodvibes. It would just be much more convenient then going to the Marketplace. Since we'll be at Disney for two weeks, eating out will get to be expensive quickly.

Don't know if anyone is interested, but when the summer discount first came out I was unable to apply it to our YC CL LV rooms. Well, it is now available and it saved us an additional $2129.50!!!!! That brings the total summer discount savings for all of our reservations for 12 people to well over $7000!!!! Just thought I would let everyone know in case anyone was interested in the YC CL LV discount rate. :)

Wow! That's awesome!!!

I'm back. Sort of! After losing a week to Music Man, and another week to Night at the Wax Museum, I have a lot of catching up to do here, and everywhere else! I am going to keep up from this page forward, then in the next couple of days I'll go back through the pages I have missed. If you are new here, let me give you a generic :welcome: for now. Show went really well. Here's a couple of pictures. Ben was Butch Cassidy and I was Madame Ching. http://s657.photobucket.com/user/na...8aed3fbf-5b39-4479-a5ff-46777fbb4c03.jpg.html http://s657.photobucket.com/user/natebenma/media/Wax Museum/P1210576.jpg.html http://s657.photobucket.com/user/na...448c24ea-293e-4535-86ea-30ff7a4acd92.jpg.html

Dee! Love it!!!!

I was wondering if the notorious Teena can answer my question or any of my other knowledgable Dis'ers.

I booked BB last year for BC 10/27/14-11-3 a 1 Bdrm Suite CL. To make a long story short (I already posted this on the CL thread) I wanted to see if any other CL categories were avail. so my DD15 doesn't have to sleep on a sofa bed for a week & there's nothing. I tried changing the dates between like a 2 mo period & nothing?

I know the CL was supposed to have a renovation. Any info is appreciated.

Did I mention that DH and I will be at WDW 10/29-11/2? Must meet up for some food and wine fun:drinking1

Yes Yes Please!!

Wish my wife would say that.

Wish my husband was more a disney lover! Then I could say things like that and he would say have fun!!

Show went really well. Here's a couple of pictures. Ben was Butch Cassidy and I was Madame Ching.

Awesome photos! Welcome back sort of :)

~N

I was at AKL March 28 through April 1. Staying Club Level there and doing all of the Safaris was on my Bucket List. I'm glad I did it, but I have no desire to stay there again. Beach Club really feels like home to me.

I popped by the Beach Club on March 31 and got to talk to Teena.

While I was there, I took some pictures of the lobby ladies' room. A long time ago someone planning a wedding had asked how nice that ladies' room was. Here are the pictures:

There's not much space between the sinks and the stalls. I don't think I would be thrilled to be in there wearing a wedding gown.

I was wondering if the notorious Teena can answer my question or any of my other knowledgable Dis'ers.

I booked BB last year for BC 10/27/14-11-3 a 1 Bdrm Suite CL. To make a long story short (I already posted this on the CL thread) I wanted to see if any other CL categories were avail. so my DD15 doesn't have to sleep on a sofa bed for a week & there's nothing. I tried changing the dates between like a 2 mo period & nothing?

I know the CL was supposed to have a renovation. Any info is appreciated.

I believe I read a post here a little while ago from someone who had a BC CL reservation in October and was notified it had to be changed because of renovations. I think Oct/Nov is the timeframe for CL (5th floor) renovations at BC. That's probably why nothing is showing as available.

Wooohoooo flights are booked for the big trip! Jetblue just released the dates this afternoon... this will be my first time flying from Austin to MCO.... still have to get the rental car to drive to Austin. DH and I figured we would just drive to Austin(about 3 hr drive) and have some good BBQ before heading to MCO! Oh and I added another day so now we leave on 10/29 so I'll need to book the hotel the night before the Disney parts! Thank God they opened the flight booking window... can't add anymore days now!! :)

Now more planning!!

~N

:rotfl2: but if course you added a day :banana: there's a before wdw part? :duck:

I just looked at the Cape May Cafe link from page 1, and I don't see a beef option. I thought there was. :confused3

I love seafood and would look forward to the crab legs but the rest of my family does not like seafood, so I don't want to make them sit through a meal they probably won't enjoy.

Can someone clarify? :confused3

They have plenty of other options. My daughter isn't much of a seafood eater, and she finds lots to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter