2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what type/brand pillows they use at the Beach Club Villas? I had to stack a bunch up because they are so thin, but my neck didn't hurt the whole trip so I am thinking of buying similar. Thanks!

I have a question for BC/YC experts: just how crowded is SAB?
We will be there 9/13-21. I know this question is subjective, but I keep reading reports of it being very crowded.

We were there the same time last year and it wasn't crowded at all. We've stayed there in September, early March, and May, and it's never been crowded. Maybe the crowds are just in the busier times of year like July and Easter.

I am actually in the process of trying to get in a trip to BC in May right now and I am so looking forward to SAB! DD and I love the slide! :)

We are coming to YC the last week of April. :cool1: How warm is the pool water on average that time of year. Outside temp? My kids joke that I don't get in the pool until July (which is kind of true):rotfl: When we were there in Oct it was lovely weather but a little to chilly for me to swim. Kids had no problem though.:cool1:

I think I am so sick of cold weather I want it boiling....:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We are coming to YC the last week of April. :cool1: How warm is the pool water on average that time of year. Outside temp? My kids joke that I don't get in the pool until July (which is kind of true):rotfl: When we were there in Oct it was lovely weather but a little to chilly for me to swim. Kids had no problem though.:cool1:

I think I am so sick of cold weather I want it boiling....:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Amen. I can't answer your question, because our first trip to YC will be this August, and I imagine it will be plenty warm then. But I am so beyond tired of being cold. I have friends that live near the Arctic Circle, so I really shouldn't complain. But I'm so over winter and ready to be warm.

I can't seem to find the link about how to request a full balcony room at BC. Could someone help me out? Also, did anyone know how late beaches and cream stays open?

Any feedback on the spa services at BC? Was thinking of getting my wife certificate there for surprise bday gift. Wasn't sure if services were worth a little time away from the parks and/or how to best contact them. Thanks

Ok, that sounds so National Lampoon's Vacation - HOW FUN!!!! Yes, the mini-golf is lots of fun and more chill than racing around a park (which is way fun - but you know what I mean!!)

My mom and I haven't had a road trip since we moved cross-country twenty years ago. Then, we were driving her Ford Probe with three dogs and two cats. At the very least, it will be a cleaner trip. Even my three kids can't compete with that mess.

What time can the large pool be accessed in the morning?

Not looking to take the family but just one adult swimming laps? The quite pools are too small...thanks

What time can the large pool be accessed in the morning?

Not looking to take the family but just one adult swimming laps? The quite pools are too small...thanks
I'm not absolutely sure, but I think it's 10am. I remember the kids complaining they had to wait so long. LOL

We stayed in at Club Level in Garden View room. Our view was the wedding gazebo:

Thanks so much for the photos! This is where we stayed last time, although we were on the other side of that horseshoe :) Thanks for the photos, that really helped! I should have taken better ones last stay lol

Call the main reservations line and tell the CM you would like to add a room request to your reservation. Your request is "full balcony". :thumbsup2

Hahaha I thought there were like a block of room numbers to request or something like that. Sometimes the easiest solution is the right one.

Another great day...missed Teena again though. I didn't read the post til now so wasn't sure you would be here today. Again I must say this place is amazing! Mouse keeping has made us a towel animal both days. The kids love it. We spent the day at Hollywood Studios and we were there from rope drop til 6. The kids then spent almost 2 hours in Stormalong. They love it. Almost empty this evening and not sure why. It was warm enough for sure. The pool is heavily life guarded and even though my two are good swimmers it is a real peace of mind. I enjoyed my book while they went nuts. We had ice cream at Beaches and Cream .... Heavenly. We are still so impressed with this place. My mind is already thinking about when we come back!

Another great day...missed Teena again though. I didn't read the post til now so wasn't sure you would be here today. Again I must say this place is amazing! Mouse keeping has made us a towel animal both days. The kids love it. We spent the day at Hollywood Studios and we were there from rope drop til 6. The kids then spent almost 2 hours in Stormalong. They love it. Almost empty this evening and not sure why. It was warm enough for sure. The pool is heavily life guarded and even though my two are good swimmers it is a real peace of mind. I enjoyed my book while they went nuts. We had ice cream at Beaches and Cream .... Heavenly. We are still so impressed with this place. My mind is already thinking about when we come back!

Love hearing about your trip, it makes me sooo excited for our own trip! Sounds like the perfect day!

I really want to try Beaches and Cream. My son has a peanut allergy, but it sounds like they're very good about accommodating that ( open a new tub of ice cream and use a clean scoop).

We're supposed to get more snow Thursday. LindyWebb, I'm living vicariously through you. :)

We ate at Beaches and Cream on this past trip and they were sooo super accomidating with our oldest DD's dairy allergy ( I know I know, cruel to take her there...lol) ...of course with the semi newer way the eateries are handling any and all allergies I thought it was amazing and incredibly cool. We had a blast and didnt need to worry about her missing out on the fun!

reposting this question from the Resort Photo thread:

We are traveling as a group of 15. We have booked two 2BR villas. Basically a bedroom per family (8 adults, 7 children from ages 10-4).

Is there a specific location or type of villa that we should request even though I understand it can not be guaranteed?

Upper level/lower level, view, etc?

Hi Sarah-

:welcome: to the DIS!

I manage the Beach Club/Yacht Club/Beach Club subforum on the resort subforum. If you click on the link for the FAQ in my signature, it should bring you there.

You may want to ask there- this question was posted on the picture subforum, and not as many people see that. I know, lots of places to navigate.

I actually don't know a lot about the villa layouts, but we have a lot of experts who visit and post to the FAQ thread.

Do you want the two rooms to be close to each other if possible? If so, you may want to make that your request.

I really want to try Beaches and Cream. My son has a peanut allergy, but it sounds like they're very good about accommodating that ( open a new tub of ice cream and use a clean scoop).

We're supposed to get more snow Thursday. LindyWebb, I'm living vicariously through you. :)

My son also has a peanut allergy and that was our first meal we had on arrival day when we went in January, and they were spectacular with his allergies. Made him feel like a king.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter