2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right. We board the Disney Fantasy tomorrow morning. I think the sun and salt water will be helpful to my sinus infection and COPD. It's been a real rough winter and Bob thought being at my happy place ... Castaway Cay ... would be better than all the medicines in the world.

Have a wonderful trip!!!!! :-)

Hi! We are staying at BCV for 2 short nights before our upcoming cruise. This will be our first time at this resort and I can't wait to check it out. :cool1:

I do have a question about the boat to DHS. We would like to make rope drop, and preferably be at the gates by 8:30. When should we be at the boat dock that morning?

My kids are young and we are attempting no stroller this trip, so I would like to save their legs for the park...and my back. ;)

Thanks!

Give yourself at least a half hour to get to HS via the boat. The boat ride itself is only about 15 minutes long, but you have to add in a little wait time for the next boat. They run about 20 minutes apart.

Oh no ... hang in there. Our Dee can't ever get sick!!!!! Get better quick!

Your crazy busy schedule will hopefully chase whatever bug got you right away. There's not much that can keep up with you.

Ditto this!!

Have a great cruise Teena!

~N

Give yourself at least a half hour to get to HS via the boat. The boat ride itself is only about 15 minutes long, but you have to add in a little wait time for the next boat. They run about 20 minutes apart.

Do you know what time they start running in the mornings?

Just back from the opening night performance of Night at the Wax Museum. I survived!

But I'm exhausted and I have a cold and we still have 4 more shows to do in 3 days! (Ben has 5 shows- they are doing Music Man for the school tomorrow)

So it will be awhile before I can catch up on the thread, but I did want to point you to the direction of where you can find info on the YC CL GV rooms. I have descriptions, room numbers and some pictures in the Yacht Club Room View thread (on the Resorts Photo Subforum). If you find the Disneyzone map, I believe I have linked it to the Yacht Club section on Page 1, you can figure out where these rooms are.

I can help more next week.

:goodvibes

Glad you survived opening night and sorry you're feeling under the weather...wishing you a speedy recovery! Thanks for the info on the GV CL rooms...going to go check out the thread now.

That's right. We board the Disney Fantasy tomorrow morning. I think the sun and salt water will be helpful to my sinus infection and COPD. It's been a real rough winter and Bob thought being at my happy place ... Castaway Cay ... would be better than all the medicines in the world.

Have a WONDERFUL time Teena!!!!

Bob thought being at my happy place ... Castaway Cay ... would be better than all the medicines in the world.

Awww that's so nice and very true. Have a great time!:goodvibes

Hurray for Bob's great thinking! I am sorry I will miss meeting you but hope you have a fantastic trip!!!

The boats usually start running about an hour before park opening.

So, if you're planning to be at HS by 8:45, get to the boat by 8:15. Or, should you get to the boat by 8(ish), allowing you to get to HS by 8:30(ish)? I'm assuming there's a pre-show before rope drop, and RD may happen before 9.

I asked this over on the theme park board but haven't received a response so was wondering if any of you know. Do you know if kids are allowed to wear swim vests at the waterparks similar to how they can in SAB and on the SAB slide. We are staying at the BC in October and get a free waterpark day as part of our package and would love to take advantage of it but would probably only want to if my girls can wear swim vests.
Thanks!

Hi all just bumping my question in case anyone knows the answer. Hope everyone has a great weekend - I am trying to make my final plans - ADRs on Monday!!

Hi all just bumping my question in case anyone knows the answer. Hope everyone has a great weekend - I am trying to make my final plans - ADRs on Monday!!

I don't know the answer to your question since my kids were older when we visited Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

I'm sure someone here must know the answer, but I do remember there was a Water Park FAQ thread on the Theme Park boards a number of years ago. Try searching Water Parks FAQ or "Typhoon Lagoon Life/Safety Vests" on that board to see what you get for hits.

Hi there we were able to borrow a life jacket at both of the water parks :) They have all sizes and were in plentiful supply on the days we visited and free of charge:thumbsup2

Just back from the opening night performance of Night at the Wax Museum. I survived! But I'm exhausted and I have a cold and we still have 4 more shows to do in 3 days! (Ben has 5 shows- they are doing Music Man for the school tomorrow) So it will be awhile before I can catch up on the thread, but I did want to point you to the direction of where you can find info on the YC CL GV rooms. I have descriptions, room numbers and some pictures in the Yacht Club Room View thread (on the Resorts Photo Subforum). If you find the Disneyzone map, I believe I have linked it to the Yacht Club section on Page 1, you can figure out where these rooms are. I can help more next week. :goodvibes

Wheee to school plays! 2 colleagues of mine and I are putting on a kiddie show called "At The Bandstand" next Friday night. A "Hairsprsy-esque" storyline, all sorts of songs from the 50's, 60 kids, and a cameo by yours truly... What more could you ask for?

So, if you're planning to be at HS by 8:45, get to the boat by 8:15. Or, should you get to the boat by 8(ish), allowing you to get to HS by 8:30(ish)? I'm assuming there's a pre-show before rope drop, and RD may happen before 9.

I've never seen a pre-show at HS but I do know that they frequently start letting people into the park a little early. I've seen them let the crowds in 15 to 20 minutes early.

If you are lucky enough to have a lagoon view room you could probably watch for the boat and then hurry down to the dock in time to catch it. The boat comes from Epcot, docks at the Boardwalk, then comes across the lake to the YC/BC dock. When you see it approach BWI you probably have about eight minutes to get to the YC/BC dock before it arrives there. Whether you plan to get to the dock by 8am or 8:15am depends on how important it is to you to get there early. :)

Wheee to school plays! 2 colleagues of mine and I are putting on a kiddie show called "At The Bandstand" next Friday night. A "Hairsprsy-esque" storyline, all sorts of songs from the 50's, 60 kids, and a cameo by yours truly... What more could you ask for?

I think the middle school next town over is doing At the Bandstand or something like that this weekend.

Music Man was a school show and Night at the Wax Museum is production with our community theatre group. Ben asked me to be in the show with him, and when your almost teenager still wants to do something with him, you do it!

2 shows today! 1 tomorrow.

Can't wait to be back and catch up with everyone (if I survive)

I've never seen a pre-show at HS but I do know that they frequently start letting people into the park a little early. I've seen them let the crowds in 15 to 20 minutes early. If you are lucky enough to have a lagoon view room you could probably watch for the boat and then hurry down to the dock in time to catch it. The boat comes from Epcot, docks at the Boardwalk, then comes across the lake to the YC/BC dock. When you see it approach BWI you probably have about eight minutes to get to the YC/BC dock before it arrives there. Whether you plan to get to the dock by 8am or 8:15am depends on how important it is to you to get there early. :)

Thank you. As I've posted many times, this is our first trip, so ideas on what to do is based on what I've researched on these threads and on various sights. I like the idea of grabbing a breakfast snack and coffee (dining plan), then heading down to the BC/YC docks to eat and enjoy the scenery while waiting for the boat. The more I read about HS, the more I think waiting at HS for rope drop is not critical. We have a lunch ADR scheduled at the Sci-Fi one day, so we are planning on "doing" HS that morning and leaving HS after lunch. We schedule our lunch at 1:30 to avoid the lunch crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter