(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Google Earth's virtual "measuring tape" it's about 1100 meters, or about 3600 feet from The Main Building to the security checkpoint next to the boat dock at MK. For most people, that should take like 15-20 minutes to get to the checkpoint.

Sounds not too dissimilar to the time it takes to walk to the Studios from Beach Club. I managed that in 10, but that was New Yorker walking lol.

Hello! My dream is to stay at the GF, but as a family of six, our options are limited. I thought I could only get a one-bedroom suite, but now.it appears that GF might have a handful of Deluxe rooms with two queens and a sofa bed? Does anyone know how many there are? Anyone ever stay in one? Are any of them Club Level?
As it looks like we might not be able to go until 2021, I have more time to save, and I might need the lead time on order to book far enough ahead to get one of these are rooms. (Same problem at WL and BC.) When they open reservations again, I want to know exactly what I'm going for.

Hello! My dream is to stay at the GF, but as a family of six, our options are limited. I thought I could only get a one-bedroom suite, but now.it appears that GF might have a handful of Deluxe rooms with two queens and a sofa bed? Does anyone know how many there are? Anyone ever stay in one? Are any of them Club Level?
As it looks like we might not be able to go until 2021, I have more time to save, and I might need the lead time on order to book far enough ahead to get one of these are rooms. (Same problem at WL and BC.) When they open reservations again, I want to know exactly what I'm going for.

Unfortunately, on the resort side, the only rooms at GF that will accommodate 6 are the 1- or 2-bedroom suites, both of which offer CL. They do not have deluxe rooms at GF that hold 6 guests. You might consider a 2-bedroom villa at VGF (they are gorgeous!), but probably wouldn't offer much costs savings and do not have CL, but would come with a full kitchen and a washer/dryer. Or perhaps consider pricing out two rooms and request connecting?

The deluxe queen rooms in the main building RPC cl are not online you have to call for them. They have 2 queen beds and a queen sofa sleeper. They come in 2 styles . My friend gets them often and let’s me check them out when we travel together.

Page 1 of this thread has pix of these rooms. Either in rooms section or cl (can’t remember).

The deluxe queen rooms in the main building RPC cl are not online you have to call for them. They have 2 queen beds and a queen sofa sleeper. They come in 2 styles . My friend gets them often and let’s me check them out when we travel together.

Page 1 of this thread has pix of these rooms. Either in rooms section or cl (can’t remember).
Yes, I looked at those layouts and photos, but wasn't sure if they were out of date. I literally just got off the phone with Disney reservations, and the CM said no such rooms existed! Now that I know what building, CL, etc. to tell CMs to look for, maybe they'll find such rooms when they start taking reservations again (for times past July). TY for the info.

Yes, I looked at those layouts and photos, but wasn't sure if they were out of date. I literally just got off the phone with Disney reservations, and the CM said no such rooms existed! Now that I know what building, CL, etc. to tell CMs to look for, maybe they'll find such rooms when they start taking reservations again (for times past July). TY for the info.
I think its called deluxe garden room in main building cl. They really need to update what is in their system to match what other categories are online lol.
I have called for that room and takes a while for me to get them to understand. Often its easier to let a TA do it if they knowledgeable.

For a family your size I would highly recommend the villas. They give you tons of space and with a full kitchen (including a full size fridge), you can save some money by not having to have all of your meals in a restaurant. The in room laundry is also a Godsend when you have kids. I would NOT book it through Disney though. You get a much better deal if you rent from the Timeshare Store or Dave's DVC. Those two are reputable and have years of experience. There are cheaper deals on Ebay but I feel that those are too big a risk when you are talking about this amount of money.

I'm the friend of @trishadono that often stays in the Deluxe Room Club Level - main building. I think this is the way you ask for it specifically when you call? However, I think the confusion may be coming from the room occupancy. These rooms used to only hold 4 people because the sofa was not a sleeper, but when the sleeper sofa was added upon renovation years ago, they never updated the room occupancy...so if you say you have six guests, it will not show up. I have been complaining about this for years but obviously it hasn't done any good lol! The occupancy was still 4 when we stayed there July 2019:sad2:. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will have changed it?? Or maybe you'll get a good CM on the phone that knows a loop hole to get around the room occupancy lol! Perhaps two of your kids are under the age of 3??

Page 3 rescue.....Oh My :faint:

We are hoping to return to the GF in September next year assuming the new Tron coaster will be open by then. We are using that as our "benchmark" attraction for returning. With construction halts due to the pandemic, this, of course, could change our tentative plans but I would assume they want that coaster open before the big celebration in Oct 2021.

I am thinking of splurging on a MK view room and hoping to get Sago Cay as that is our FAVORITE building for many, many reasons. Crossing my fingers that they will publish the 2021 rates and open up new reservations simultaneously once they get the current headache settled. :surfweb:

Super excited for the new walking path to MK. Weather (and feet :tiptoe:)permitted, it will make for a nice stroll back at night to avoid crowds and lines.

Page 3 rescue.....Oh My :faint:

We are hoping to return to the GF in September next year assuming the new Tron coaster will be open by then. We are using that as our "benchmark" attraction for returning. With construction halts due to the pandemic, this, of course, could change our tentative plans but I would assume they want that coaster open before the big celebration in Oct 2021.

I am thinking of splurging on a MK view room and hoping to get Sago Cay as that is our FAVORITE building for many, many reasons. Crossing my fingers that they will publish the 2021 rates and open up new reservations simultaneously once they get the current headache settled. :surfweb:

Super excited for the new walking path to MK. Weather (and feet :tiptoe:)permitted, it will make for a nice stroll back at night to avoid crowds and lines.

I am also very much looking forward to the walkway and hope it will be completed by our GF/Poly split stay next May/June. From what I’ve seen it looks like it will be a similar distance to walking between the Studios and the Epcot resorts, and that’s such a nice walk at night. I would imagine completing it will be a priority as well to aid in social distancing.

Hello fellow GF fans! It's been quite some time...but I wanted to pop in and say :wave2:...
Hope that everyone is doing well..and staying safe ...what a time in our country and our world...

I am hoping to be back to Disney planning soon...and that you all will too...

Sadly we cancelled our spring and summer trips..our summer trip would have been back to the GF..which I was excited about...last summer we chose the Poly..which is truly delightful especially for a summer visit...lots of other DIS friends were there too (lookin at you Maxie and Dispro..and we also got to meet lovely TJA and her family too! )..which made it even more fun...but planning on heading back to the GF felt like going home again...

We're hoping for a fall trip...or early winter at the latest..
Wonder what Disney planning will be like going forward?? We are all so used to making ADRs and FPs so far in advance...maybe these new times will feel more like the "old" times...who knows...

So I usually end up typing a novel..lol..and seems today is no different....:o..forgive me! I look forward to being able to visit here more often..and sharing the excitement of getting back to our happy place..and hearing about all of your plans too...
Hoping you are all having a terrific Tuesday! :earsgirl:

PS..who is in for fall 2021!! Can't wait to see what will be planned for the 50th!! I know trishadono and MickeyNut are in the starting phase of planning too...should be lots of fun!

PS..who is in for fall 2021!! Can't wait to see what will be planned for the 50th!! I know trishadono and MickeyNut are in the starting phase of planning too...should be lots of fun!

Hi!! Me and my gf are booked for the 50th but just that weekend, at the Contemporary. We’ve never stayed there before and are looking forward to it!! We also hope to surprise my teen cousin as a treat to cheer her up because she missed prom and graduation this year.

Whenever Disney reopens reservations I’m gonna try to get down there for this Labor Day also, hopefully at GF or Poly.

Hey Blue!! Long time no "see"! :wave: Like you, I have cancelled trips...3 now for me. I have a fall trip planned but so far am unsure that even it will take place. All this uncertainty, not being able to make reservations ourselves, having to book park entrance...it's a lot to process. With all that, seems like wearing a mask is a minor thing.
Hope you all are well too!
I'm not one of those planning on being there for the 50th. Much as I would like to be a "part of history", I'm not going to as of right now. I just feel like the crowds would be too much and finding a room on the monorail by the time we can book will be very difficult.

Hello fellow GF fans! It's been quite some time...but I wanted to pop in and say :wave2:...
Hope that everyone is doing well..and staying safe ...what a time in our country and our world...

Sadly we cancelled our spring and summer trips..our summer trip would have been back to the GF..which I was excited about...last summer we chose the Poly..which is truly delightful especially for a summer visit...lots of other DIS friends were there too (lookin at you Maxie and Dispro..and we also got to meet lovely TJA and her family too! )..which made it even more fun...but planning on heading back to the GF felt like going home again...

Wonder what Disney planning will be like going forward?? We are all so used to making ADRs and FPs so far in advance...maybe these new times will feel more like the "old" times...who knows...

So I usually end up typing a novel..lol..and seems today is no different....:o..forgive me! I look forward to being able to visit here more often..and sharing the excitement of getting back to our happy place..and hearing about all of your plans too...

Hi :wave2: blueskies

Long time no see. You know me I'm always planning but never booking.
I would love to go in 2021 since the MK and I are celebrating the same milestone birthday
but I would need to win the lottery to to the trip I want to do.

I also see they will be putting several NBA teams that will be finishing the 2019/2020 season at the GF
(76ers,Thunder Rockets.Pacers. Mavericks. Grizzlies and Magic) the remaining teams will be divided between
the YC and Grand Destino

:wave: Yes ma’am I’m in for 2021!

The dis has missed you and me too!

I also see they will be putting several NBA teams that will be finishing the 2019/2020 season at the GF
(76ers,Thunder Rockets.Pacers. Mavericks. Grizzlies and Magic) the remaining teams will be divided between
the YC and Grand Destino

Don’t forget my Nets, though the way they play sometimes maybe it’s better if you do. :rotfl2:

For the inevitable promo spots I just need to see a bunch of those dudes having tea, bonus points if it’s with the princesses.

Hi Blue! Good to "see" you. I would love to join all of you for next fall. Who knows, with a little Pixie Dust, maybe I can start planning too. Hope you and all my GF friends are well and staying safe.

Don’t forget my Nets, though the way they play sometimes maybe it’s better if you do. :rotfl2:

For the inevitable promo spots I just need to see a bunch of those dudes having tea, bonus points if it’s with the princesses.
I just saw teams arriving 7/7. You appear to know NBA is that true? Maybe my poly cl 7/16-19 could get moved to gf .

Disney info “soon” is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter