(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from our week-long stay at the Grand, and it was absolutely amazing! We had Boca Chica room 8331. We took a Minnie Van from the airport, and we were greeted instantly when we arrived at the resort. Check in was easy. We got our pins, and we were whisked off to our room by a super friendly and knowledgeable cast member. Once in the room I remembered that I had ordered a gift basket with some snacks and surprises for DS (10). He said he would look into it, and within 10 minutes there was a knock at the door and there it was!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the GF :).

I see people leaving the suite and think I’d love to be there !!

Glad you got to try it!

She just FaceTimed me to check her packing. Dh and I arrive mco 10p but I’ll be like a kid at Christmas and just wander the lounge/floor and gaze below before I go to bed. Just so magical up there.🥰

Oh and thnaks!

I hope you have a magical stay and your DD has a wonderful birthday! You have excellent ideas!

Take lots of photos for those of us who are stuck at home with only our GF dreams!

Safe travels! :)

View attachment 478937
We just got back from our week-long stay at the Grand, and it was absolutely amazing! We had Boca Chica room 8331. We took a Minnie Van from the airport, and we were greeted instantly when we arrived at the resort. Check in was easy. We got our pins, and we were whisked off to our room by a super friendly and knowledgeable cast member. Once in the room I remembered that I had ordered a gift basket with some snacks and surprises for DS (10). He said he would look into it, and within 10 minutes there was a knock at the door and there it was!

The room was beautiful and so clean! We unpacked, enjoyed the balcony a bit, and went off to explore and eat at Gasparilla. Every cast member we encountered at GF for our entire stay was so kind. DH was afraid that he would feel out of place, but he never did. I never felt like I didn’t belong there. It felt like home, a grand home, but home nonetheless.

We used the monorail, boat, bus, and Minnie Van while there and had no problems. We ate at 1900 Park Fair. It was one of the best meals of the trip.

We used the courtyard pool, and it was simple yet nice. We played on the beach a little the morning before we had to leave.

We could see the castle perfectly from our lagoon view room, so every night we watched the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant.

The only problem is I don’t think we’ll ever be able to stay anywhere else. GF totally spoiled us! It made a great trip truly magical!

Hi - so glad you loved it. Can I ask you about the Minni Van from the airport? We are thinking of doing this. I had posted a thread on transportation board, would love it if you could go comment for me.

Never stayed at GF before and was wondering if someone could be brutally honest about the monorail to Magic Kingdom.. I have read that often times in the morning the monorail is at capacity already arriving at GF from Contemporary and Poly resorts. Is this true? Debating staying here vs Contemporary but figured one stop on the monorail to get to MK prior to opening would be a breeze! Also, if someone could recommend a “outer building lagoon view” request for rooms with a partial view of MK or looking out towards the Contemporary. Thanks in advance! :):):)

We have had 10 night stays at the GF for the past 2 years (June). When we were going to the MK early in the morning for Rope Drop we almost always had full monorails when they got to the GF. It wasn't a deal breaker as we usually squeezed in the first or second monorail that arrived at the station. However, that is really my only "complaint" about the resort. It is an amazing resort and I just can't imagine staying anywhere else.

We love Boca Chica but all of the buildings are amazing!!! Enjoy!

Hi! Does anyone know when the Chocolate Easter egg display goes up at the Grand Floridian? Thanks!

Question regarding the Monorail.

To get to Epcot, is it easier to take the Monorail from the resort around to the TTC, or walk through The Poly to the TTC? No kids, and no one has any problems walking.

To get to Epcot, is it easier to take the Monorail from the resort around to the TTC, or walk through The Poly to the TTC? No kids, and no one has any problems walking.
Without kids and a stroller I say whichever feels good at the moment. If the weather is nice and you aren’t in a hurry it’s a very pleasant walk, but it’s obviously less strenuous to just take the monorail. I suspect the timing is pretty equal, walking at a normal to decent pace is probably actually a bit quicker, and when walking you control your own destiny and don’t have to worry about monorail delays and backups around the MK loop, or worse issues. From reading these boards for years I don’t think many people choose the walk, but it’s a nice alternative.

with kids it’s a catch 22. Being the last stop before the MK if it’s a busy time I was always a little stressed about fitting a double stroller onto the monorail. I don’t think we ever didn’t fit in, but it was close sometimes. However, walking with them can also be hard if they aren’t the calm and quiet on the stroller types lol. Since you don’t have kids this is more for others though!

From the GF? Monorail to TTC. The walk from the GF to (Poly) to the TTC is far. The monorail would be quicker for sure.

I will say I have done the walk backwards, getting off at TTC, stopping at Poly to eat, get Dole Whip, etc, then walk back to GF. But just a straight walk to get to TTC from GF? No thank you.

From the GF? Monorail to TTC. The walk from the GF to (Poly) to the TTC is far. The monorail would be quicker for sure.

Ok. Thank you! I'll be staying at VGF, if that makes any difference. I think having to go back and forth all around The Poly is going to waste most of the time. Instead of being able to go around that resort, I'd have to go through it.

Does anyone know the distance the walkway will be to the MK from GF?

Curious myself, so I checked using the distance tool on Google Earth. Estimated distance from the southwest side of Sago Cay (where new path is to begin) to the front gate of MK measured 0.65 miles. Obviously, this distance is longer starting from the Courtyard Pool (0.75 miles) and DVC building (0.90 miles).

After a long day at MK, I would be more than willing to walk to GF and keep moving instead of waiting in a long line for the monorail.

Curious myself, so I checked using the distance tool on Google Earth. Estimated distance from the southwest side of Sago Cay (where new path is to begin) to the front gate of MK measured 0.65 miles. Obviously, this distance is longer starting from the Courtyard Pool (0.75 miles) and DVC building (0.90 miles).

After a long day at MK, I would be more than willing to walk to GF and keep moving instead of waiting in a long line for the monorail.

So is it safe to say about 3/4 of a mile generally speaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter