(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settling back in to reality. Here to report back on what I saw with at Summer Lace/Commander Porter's this past week. I walked through both on Wednesday, 4/3 and saw sunglasses and items in the locked case in Commander Porter's being inventoried. I was in the GF lobby around 1:45am returning from DAH on 4/5 and saw Summer Lace getting updated. The mannequins outside now show male and female clothing in each of the three windows. All the displays in the main room show a male and female mannequin. The small room off to the right seems to be all female apparel and accessories while the main room is split about 50/50. The jewelry case to the left of the register is all female jewelry and the case to the right has male sunglasses, cuff links, etc. The store looks pretty good for an overnight haul. The new name on the board outside is escaping me. I think I have a picture somewhere I will try to find.
Thanks for the update

Getting ready for my first stay at GF next month, and I've been reading through some of the thread here. I didn't realize we could walk to Poly, how long a walk is it?

Also, do I understand correctly, I can take the Monorail directly from GF to EPCOT? That would be wonderful if that's the case.

I'm looking forward to our trip, I'm actually tagging along with a friend and her nieces, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford GF!

Getting ready for my first stay at GF next month, and I've been reading through some of the thread here. I didn't realize we could walk to Poly, how long a walk is it?

Also, do I understand correctly, I can take the Monorail directly from GF to EPCOT? That would be wonderful if that's the case.

I'm looking forward to our trip, I'm actually tagging along with a friend and her nieces, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford GF!

The walk to the Poly isn't bad, maybe 10-15 min at a leisurely stroll? The actual distance itn't bad at all, you just have to kind of walk around the villas and pool on the GF side.

You have to take the resort monorail around to the TTC, transfer monorails to the Epcot line there, and ride to Epcot. It's nice when you have a stroller because you don't have to fold it up, but otherwise it's kind of a PITA to have to ride all the way around, transfer, and wait again, plus do security twice. Not that big of a deal, though, don't worry about it. I do know I have read that Epcot access is one of the slight negatives to the GF, and some people choose to ride share if they are in a hurry at all.

Happy Monday everyone!

We were originally scheduled to stay at the BC but received an offer we couldn’t refuse to switch to the Grand sooooo.... back to the GF we come!!! August can’t come fast enough! Time to read thru the thread to catch up.

Same with our family! First stay coming up at GF but we are a family mixed of Yacht Club/Poly lovers. Love hearing from anyone that has stayed at both and reasons to look forward to GF.

Same with our family! First stay coming up at GF but we are a family mixed of Yacht Club/Poly lovers. Love hearing from anyone that has stayed at both and reasons to look forward to GF.

Love the BC but we have also loved our stays at the GF! I actually rank the two resorts as tie for my #1 favorite resorts. When the offer came up, I let my daughters choose and they wanted to switch-DH really likes the GF too so it was a no brainer.

Hmm when is everyone going that they are being asked to switch from beach club?

While I think the Mizner Lounge will be popular if it is turned into a beauty and the beast lounge. I do not think a BBB would be as popular with bringing extra crowds to the resort. If I'm gonna drop 300 dollars on getting my kids hair done I def would rather that be done at the park.

Im also trying to think how popular a beauty and the beast lounge would be for regular guests. Like for instance my husband he just wants to grab and drink and relax he does not want bells and whistles with a theme. Just a thought I wonder the route disney will take.

We've stayed at both Poly & BC (trying YC for first time in June) and while the Poly is my favorite, the GF runs a close second. The GF is a beautiful resort with a relaxing atmosphere. Hope everyone has a great time and enjoys the resort :wizard:.

Thank you! This is my daughter’s sweet 16 trip and it’s always been her dream resort. So excited!

You're welcome! Happy birthday to your daughter :cake:....hope she loves the GF :goodvibes.

I have to call today to see if they have different time openings for the day that we booked, so if you want I can get the prices for you.

What are the current prices/hours for Full and half day cabanas?

Pricing is seasonal. Later summer was $212 for a half day (can’t remember for full, over $300), while my September cabana rental was less.

Walking from the poly to gf is one of our family traditions on one of the first few days of our holiday, love it!

We’re arriving on a Thursday morning at around 7:30 AM. Do you think the Magical Express would take a lot of time or is an Uber worth it to save some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter