(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so cute! I have 2 little girls that would love this. We are staying in the Villas in December and we can't wait! Do you know if the promenade still happens in December even with all the holiday/gingerbread stuff in the lobby?
Oh, not sure but I will be there 12/1-3 in RPC so if I see it I will let you know.

Hey friends!

Booked a GV deluxe room this morning - thanks for the info you gave me last week! Super-excited to try this room type for the first time.

Now that the planning sites I've used in the past are either gone or not recommending parks/days anymore, what do you all do to plan for parks with lower crowds? Do you just go the day after an EMH day? The week we are going has nothing doing but the F&GF, so I know Epcot will be a bit more crowded. Other than that, not sure how to plan my days :scratchin
I start with the park hours guide. I look for any unusual later or early closings and EMH.

For example my 12/1-3 gf stay mk closes at 6pm. That night we will hang in RPC and watch fireworks and EWP from the resort. I used the FP mid day and will transfer from BWI around 10-11am.

Sat our only night at gf I book 2 passes at mk after appies but before desserts. 5:30-6:30 than 6:30-7:30. That way eat at 5 then basically ride back to back around 6:30. Then we can stay and watch any night things mom will like. I used the 3rd fp late morning so after rd we have a short line on way out.

With dd i would go to other parks but still follow the hours to pick my must dos then fill in around that. I don't like emh anymore its too crowded. I pick opposite park than those.

Hope that helps get you started.

Last edited:
Yes, those are the only choices for online check-in now, which is annoying, but you can also call or have your TA call the GF and request a particular building or location that you want. They will add it to your reservation.

Thank you. What would the best location to request? Looked at map but sometimes people staying there know what is best. Or should I just request closer to the lobby?

Oh, not sure but I will be there 12/1-3 in RPC so if I see it I will let you know.

Thanks! That's nice of you. We'll be there starting the 2nd so it's ok if you don't think of it! I'll look out for the December activities calendar before we leave and hopefully that will tell us for sure.

We had an incr
I'm taking my husband on his first stay at a Disney property. We arrive Saturday morning. I love GF and I hope he will too. I have to make sure things are extra special for him. He's never had a good time at the parks (no fast passes). I'm going to show him how it's done where you can have a wonderful time.[/QU
We had a great time! What a special place to have a vacation. My husband did have a great time. I did have to change plans some, he loved the pools, Seven Dwarfs, Living with the land and the best was the Aloha dinner show. The fire dancer was absolutely amazing. California grill he's in love with, the views are spectacular! I think he will be able to enjoy himself again.

Less than 60 days- WOOO!!! I'm working on really solidifying my itinerary. We would like to be at each park 30-45 min. PRIOR to opening each morning (we are morning people anyway, and we didn't get all of the FP we wanted, so will be 'rope dropping' some popular rides). I'm finding lots of conflicting information regarding when the monorail/ buses start running and estimated transportation time from the GF to MK, EP, AK, and DS. This is our first trip, so I have no experience to go on. Therefore, any input would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! TIA!!!!!! :thanks:

Could someone point me to a recent list of CL food offerings (appetizers and desserts mainly)? We're considering our first-ever CL stay and I want to have all the appropriate ways to sway my husband :rotfl:
I looked in the post on the front page but that wasn't super specific.
Thank you!

Could someone point me to a recent list of CL food offerings (appetizers and desserts mainly)? We're considering our first-ever CL stay and I want to have all the appropriate ways to sway my husband :rotfl:
Thank you!

CL offerings change over time so a specific “list” is going to be a bit hard to come by. I’d point you to @baler31’s recent posts on this thread for some recent pics.

Here are my food and lounge pics from SL this past April: GF SL April 2017 - Food

Lastly, I’d come ask the same question on the CL thread if you don’t find you’re getting good answers here.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Thank you so much! I'll definitely check out these resources. I appreciate it! :)

CL offerings change over time so a specific “list” is going to be a bit hard to come by. I’d point you to @baler31’s recent posts on this thread for some recent pics.

Here are my food and lounge pics from SL this past April: GF SL April 2017 - Food

Lastly, I’d come ask the same question on the CL thread if you don’t find you’re getting good answers here.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Thank you!
I have tried many cls's what I like about gf is the wide variety of options. They change year to year or even season to season but there always seems to be something for everyone.

I'm going to Disney this month! Wahoo! A lagoon view became available, so I called Disney asap and was able to upgrade for a small cost.

When I stayed at the poly last year, we had a lovely marina view, so I'm looking forward to having a lagoon view this trip!

I'm going to Disney this month! Wahoo! A lagoon view became available, so I called Disney asap and was able to upgrade for a small cost.

When I stayed at the poly last year, we had a lovely marina view, so I'm looking forward to having a lagoon view this trip!

Congrats on upgrading! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Does anyone have the October recreation guide they could post please?

2 weeks tomorrow till our first visit to wdw and the Grand. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter