• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
62 Days...

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the GF before you know it! :goodvibes

40 days until our first stay at GF!! I'm bouncing off the walls :jumping1:

The GF is an amazing resort, you're going to love it! Have a great time :yay:.

91 days til we check in. Still worried it might be too stuffy for us, and MORE worried since the kids can't use the pool and the pool and slide was something they were super excited for. A bit cross we couldn't know in advance. We would definitely have made a different choice.

As others have posted, the GF is a beautiful resort and isn't stuffy at all. We would visit every trip and I always said I'd never stay there as we always felt it was stuffy. Once I did finally try it, it changed the way I felt/feel about the resort. In my experience, actually staying at a resort is a totally different experience than just visiting. It really is a relaxing resort with beautiful grounds, nice pools, and great dining options. It's not my #1 favorite resort, but it runs a very close second. I'm sure you'll have a great time :wizard:.

Hello everyone!! So glad to see everyone made it through the horrible weather and WDW is back to normal too. Below I multi-quoted and all I have to say is this is exactly why I come here. Each one of these quotes sound exactly like something I would say or felt. Off to add my two cents.

The funny thing is that going into the GF trip, I was 100% certain that I would hate it. My fierce love for that resort really came as a surprise!!!

We were WL lovers from day 1, I still cry when I walk into that hotel. I remember bringing my babies there with friends and family. But my DD (has albinism) needed a cabana if we were going to start visiting during the summer months once the kids got too old to take out of school. After looking at all the mono pools and cabanas we picked the GF hoping that we would like it. We actually did a split stay with the GF first the first time because we were afraid we would hate it. Needless to say we traveled back to the GF almost every night because we missed it so much.

When I first stayed at the GF I figured it would be a one and done, get it out of my system kind of thing (which, no offense, the Poly was for me.) Yeah, no, so I limited the damages to my pocket book by buying VGF points :rolleyes1

So funny, we were planning on trying the Poly next thinking the same thing.

91 days til we check in. Still worried it might be too stuffy for us, and MORE worried since the kids can't use the pool and the pool and slide was something they were super excited for. A bit cross we couldn't know in advance. We would definitely have made a different choice.

Please Please Please do not worry at all about it being stuffy, we are the least stuffy people out there. Have a great trip!

Oh on my going home day at 3pm I think Cinderella and Prince Charming did a stroll on 2nd floor then down to lobby with kids in a parade then they danced with kids too. It was so cute!

I'm not sure if that's daily? Maybe someone here knows.....

( I jumped out of my seat in Mizners to watch, Cinderella!princess:)

Yup, me too I am usually in the bar in the afternoons before going to the parks and we always catch them. I still jump up each time to see the kiddies dance. I believe its around 3:30 or so.

I'm taking my husband on his first stay at a Disney property. We arrive Saturday morning. I love GF and I hope he will too. I have to make sure things are extra special for him. He's never had a good time at the parks (no fast passes). I'm going to show him how it's done where you can have a wonderful time.

If it makes you feel any better, my kids actually preferred the courtyard pool over the beach pool. :)

[QUOTE="mickeynut1, post: 58197654, member: 146406"}

Thank you so much! :D

[/QUOTE]

Well, w/ 90 give or take days to go you can always switch resorts if the loss of the one pool is a make or break deal for your family.
Since December weather is so iffy regarding swimming the loss of one pool is less of a concern for me since IME there's only about a 30% chance it'll warm up enough for me to enjoy swimming.
Orlando's Dec. record low was 20F, the record high 90F.
The average temp. is 63F w/ the average daily high 72F and the average daily low 53F.
For me low 70s is too cold to swim although there are people who'll be in the WDW pools, WDW trips where's it's been high 70s or low 80s are ok for swimming for me but when the temp. drifts down into the low 30s people seem to abandon the notion of swimming and go in search of gloves, warm sweatshirts and hats :).

72f is 22.5 in real money. Which is pretty good. For reference, here today it is 12c, which is 53F. My son has been on a school trip surfing in the sea! We won't switch, the only possible better option is CR considering all of our needs, and that is totally unavailable. Plus my daughter wants to stay with Cinderella. But, as I have explained, this is our last big family trip, so...

Definitely! It is a short stay in the Villas before we hop to POR but I am planning on soaking up every second of it. I have dreamed of staying at GF since my first trip when I was a kid!

Looking forward to hearing all about it! Enjoy your time at the GF, as well as POR :wizard:.

Could someone advise which building/ rooms provide the best view of the Electrical Water Pageant in the TPV category? I am not familiar with the exact route, but I am guessing BPK or Boca Chica. Would a room on a lower level give you a more direct view? Our family loves this night time show. It is one of our favorite things at Disney, for sure.

Could someone advise which building/ rooms provide the best view of the Electrical Water Pageant in the TPV category? I am not familiar with the exact route, but I am guessing BPK or Boca Chica. Would a room on a lower level give you a more direct view? Our family loves this night time show. It is one of our favorite things at Disney, for sure.
We had a great view in Pine Key. We could see it over at the Polynesian, again right in from of our room from the balcony and in the distance over in front of the magic kingdom.

We had a great view in Pine Key. We could see it over at the Polynesian, again right in from of our room from the balcony and in the distance over in front of the magic kingdom.

That would be perfect! I am going to request a room in Big Pine Key. Do you think the floor would matter? Lower versus higher? Or would be that be insignificant for viewing.

That would be perfect! I am going to request a room in Big Pine Key. Do you think the floor would matter? Lower versus higher? Or would be that be insignificant for viewing.
We were on the third floor in the middle of the floor. I've heard some rooms have trees blocking the view some but our room 9344 is the one we were in. Great views!

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the GF before you know it! :goodvibes

As others have posted, the GF is a beautiful resort and isn't stuffy at all. We would visit every trip and I always said I'd never stay there as we always felt it was stuffy. Once I did finally try it, it changed the way I felt/feel about the resort. In my experience, actually staying at a resort is a totally different experience than just visiting. It really is a relaxing resort with beautiful grounds, nice pools, and great dining options. It's not my #1 favorite resort, but it runs a very close second. I'm sure you'll have a great time :wizard:.
I remember at 180 days out thinking how close it was getting, haha. Two days for me now, I'm so excited!

We were on the third floor in the middle of the floor. I've heard some rooms have trees blocking the view some but our room 9344 is the one we were in. Great views!

Thank you so much! I will request this room or one in the general area. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter