(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So even a lagoon view sounds like you really have a good chance at seeing magic kingdom not including castle.

Hmm I did see some garden pool views that looked pleasant as well. But pretty cool as well.

Glad to hear no dumpster or parking lot views. Biggest concern I guess is to avoid the dormers cause we have little ones and first floor cause currently my five year old thinks he can just open the slider and run outside or his little sister following him Don't need him trying that there.

We once had a first floor LV room in Boca Chica. It's still a balcony there - there were railing all around, so you can't just run out and go someplace. I was worried about first floor (had a little one back then) but it was so convenient and had a great view and still "contained" the young ones.

We once had a first floor LV room in Boca Chica. It's still a balcony there - there were railing all around, so you can't just run out and go someplace. I was worried about first floor (had a little one back then) but it was so convenient and had a great view and still "contained" the young ones.
That's good to know. I guess I just assumed cause at the Polynesian it looks like you can just walk out the patio.

Staying at the GF theme park view with CL and I cant tell you how excited I am!! How well can you see/hear the Fireworks show?

This is a view from the middle of the marina / Gasparilla's outside seating area taken in April (so technically Wishes, but HEA would be similar). The Main Building (RPC) CL TPV rooms are all located directly behind this angle, so your view will be 'roughly' similar (just up higher obviously). I thought the volume in this general area was "just ok" - not super loud, a touch low for my personal tastes - but nothing to complain about. I can't comment on what the volume is like from the room balconies, but I suspect it's OK as well.

Sorry that's not a direct answer to your question but hope that helps!

IMG_6865.JPG

Also, my DD wants to go to The Tri Circle D ranch at FW. What's the best mode of transportation for a relaxing (but not forever long) ride?

Thanks!

You have a couple of options:

1) Monorail from GF to CR, take the boat from CR to FW (this would probably be my choice)

2) Monorail from GF to MK, take the boat from MK to FW

3) Take the boat from GF to MK, take the boat from MK to FW

4) Cab/uber to WL, take the walking path to FW

5) Cab/uber to FW, take the internal FW bus back to the ranch

Hope that helps!

So even a lagoon view sounds like you really have a good chance at seeing magic kingdom not including castle.

Hmm I did see some garden pool views that looked pleasant as well. But pretty cool as well.

Glad to hear no dumpster or parking lot views. Biggest concern I guess is to avoid the dormers cause we have little ones and first floor cause currently my five year old thinks he can just open the slider and run outside or his little sister following him Don't need him trying that there.
We had great garden/pool views of courtyard pool. The first floor balconies aren't open, they have railings so no access to run outside. Those sliders are pretty hard to open, at least for me!! They don't just glide open. But they do have safety latches. I've never seen a 5 yr old try to climb over a high balcony, lol!

Hi! Two questions:

Anybody here ever rent a pontoon boat and take a ride around the lagoon? We are staying at GF in a couple of weeks and this trip I want to take it slower than usual. We stayed at GF in May (my DH, DD6 and me) so this time around we want to do some different things in the afternoons weather permitting.

Also, my DD wants to go to The Tri Circle D ranch at FW. What's the best mode of transportation for a relaxing (but not forever long) ride?

Thanks!
We've rented Searaycers, super fun. Love visiting FW and walking around, looking in the horse barns. O ce saw them getting Cinderellas carriage ready. You can go a few ways from GF. Take monorail to MK, then transfer to FW boat or take monorail to CR then walk out to their dock past pool and take the boat to FW.
Note: if you take the GF boat to MK you will have to stop at Poly, then go to MK.

We're going to GF for the first time this August, and our party will include a couple of older folks with limited mobility. We're staying in the outer buildings, garden view, and the older members of our party will want to be as close as possible to the lobby and probably QS dining...they'll also want to sit on their room balcony and people watch.

For GF veterans, which building will suit us best given those requirements?

Big Pine Key rooms that face the pool and are in the side of the building closest to the main building would be a great choice for the older folks. The distance from the main building to the entrance of Big Pine Key is shorter than most other buildings. The view from the balcony would be great for people watching because you can see guests arriving, walking to the boats, going to dinner at Narcoossee's or swimming. It is the same view you see from Mizner's Lounge, just a different angle. :) We stayed in this building and really liked how close we were to everything. :)

We had great garden/pool views of courtyard pool. The first floor balconies aren't open, they have railings so no access to run outside. Those sliders are pretty hard to open, at least for me!! They don't just glide open. But they do have safety latches. I've never seen a 5 yr old try to climb over a high balcony, lol!

Ok, good to know :)
May I
Ask where were your views from?
Oh my, I
Would hope they wouldn't try lol

For those concerned about lagoon view rooms at GF, in all the years I have been a member on these boards, I can't remember anyone complaining about their lagoon view room at the GF. :goodvibes I have seen issues with lagoon/MK view rooms at Poly (mostly due to overgrown foliage or the new bungalows ).

At GF, I think the room classifications are the best on property. There are no standard rooms looking over parking lots or dumpsters. The garden view rooms are really lovely with the only complaints being the FEW rooms that overlook the pool house from BPK. From the pictures I have seen--as I have no personal experience--lagoon view rooms seem to be "castle obstructed" views meaning you can still see MK but from a different angle(like a side view) over the water. MK view rooms seem to be all encompassing views including the castle.:love:

Does anyone know if there are any king beds available in the lagoon view category? When we booked they told us we couldn't request that b/c it's not available. However, I was told that at Poly & have always had a king bed there.

Does anyone know if there are any king beds available in the lagoon view category? When we booked they told us we couldn't request that b/c it's not available. However, I was told that at Poly & have always had a king bed there.

Yes there are.

Hi! Two questions:

Anybody here ever rent a pontoon boat and take a ride around the lagoon? We are staying at GF in a couple of weeks and this trip I want to take it slower than usual. We stayed at GF in May (my DH, DD6 and me) so this time around we want to do some different things in the afternoons weather permitting.

Thanks!

To answer the second part of your question- go to Magic Kingdom Park and take a "water taxi" from there to FW. We love doing that, very scenic cruise. We've also rented recreational watercraft (pontoon, sea raycers) on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake multiple times and the free "water taxis" really provide you the exact scenery; plus some tag-along strangers, then again it's free. Going rate for pontoon is 30 minutes for $45 or 1hr for $90.

Last edited:
Kind of a random question- is it possible to buy a half gallon of milk any where at the GF? (Like at the grab n go section of gasparilla's?)

I know about garden grocer, but not ordering this time as milk is literally the only item I need. Tia!

Kind of a random question- is it possible to buy a half gallon of milk any where at the GF? (Like at the grab n go section of gasparilla's?)

I know about garden grocer, but not ordering this time as milk is literally the only item I need. Tia!

The Sandy-Cove Sundries and Gasparilla Island Grill!

I'm hoping for a room in Boca Chica! Our first stay at the GF is in a few weeks- we booked a lagoon room. Would you mind sharing your room number if you remember it?

We were in Room 8121 - an accessible room. But from looking at the building, I would think that all lagoon views from Boca Chica would have a great view. Have fun!

Hi DISers :wave2: I just posted the below question in a new thread, but thought I would ask here as well given that you all are the GF experts (and it's been too long since I've checked in here)!

My mom would like to travel to WDW with our family for her 60th next fall (October 2018). Our family consists of 7 adults - dad, mom, two sisters and their husbands (in their early 30s), me (in my late 20s) and two baby boys (23 months and 18 months as of next fall).

My sisters and I were thinking that it might make sense to rent a 2BR villa instead of getting separate hotel rooms - this way, my sisters would be able to take advantage of the kitchen and larger living area (and washer/dryer) since they will each have a young baby in tow. I would likely sleep on the pull-out couch in the 2BR villa (no worries - we're close :crowded:) and my parents would get a separate hotel room/studio.

We know that we want to stay at a deluxe resort and thought that the MK area would make the most sense given that it offers the most ride options for the babies. We have stayed at both the GF and WL previously, but never in the villas. We were initially interested in the Poly, but it looks like there are no 2BR options and the bungalows are just too $. We're not that crazy about the CR theme, so that leaves the WL and GF as contenders. We would likely book through a DVC rental agency 11 months out since I know both of these villa options are competitive. Which resort would you choose?

Below are a few specific questions I've been considering:
  • Is there any difference in size between the WL and GF 2BR villas (given that there would be five adults and two babies sharing it)?
  • Does one 2BR villa offer more space and/or sleep options for two babies vs. the other? (e.g. spacious closets in the bedrooms that we could put cribs in)?
  • Can Disney provide railings for the mini bed that pulls out from under the TV at the GFV (not sure if either of the WLV options offer this as well) or would we need to request two cribs? Or do they only offer pack 'n plays in the villas?
  • Is the monorail much more convenient with a stroller than the WL boat? Can't recall if strollers need to be stowed when boarding the boat or if babies can just stay in them during the boat ride.
  • Does the WL vs. GF provide a better pool option for babies (e.g. zero entry, splash area)? I think the WL is in the process of updating the quiet pool area, right?
I know that there are a lot of questions above, but any insight is appreciated - especially regarding the question about the bed railings and/or where cribs can be stowed in the VGF 2BR.

Thanks so much for your help!
Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter