(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from our first stay at GF and oh my word! I had no idea I would love it so much and am already trying to figure out how to stay there on our next trip! We were given a room in Boca Chica with an absolutely magical view of the lagoon and castle. Loved having breakfast on our balcony and watching the sun rise over the lagoon and then watching fireworks and the electrical parade at night. Afternoons in the lobby listening to the live music and watching Cinderella and the Prince waltz ... it just never got old. Service, of course, was second to none. We are home now and I keep waiting for someone to come turn down my bed and bring me chocolates!

Glad to hear you had a Grand time! Everything you said was exactly how we felt after staying for the first time last August. We are staying there again in 43 days, can't wait to be "home" :)

Just got back from our first stay at GF and oh my word! I had no idea I would love it so much and am already trying to figure out how to stay there on our next trip! We were given a room in Boca Chica with an absolutely magical view of the lagoon and castle. Loved having breakfast on our balcony and watching the sun rise over the lagoon and then watching fireworks and the electrical parade at night. Afternoons in the lobby listening to the live music and watching Cinderella and the Prince waltz ... it just never got old. Service, of course, was second to none. We are home now and I keep waiting for someone to come turn down my bed and bring me chocolates!
So happy to hear this. Getting excited for my first ever stay at the GF!

My wife and I are returning to the GF in October for our second wedding anniversary. We've booked a lagoon view. Anybody have any suggestions for a lagoon view room that maybe catches a glimpse of MK or maybe even the ability to see the fireworks from the room??

Can't wait!

Arrrrrggghhhhh Page 3 rescue pirate:

How late are the GF pools usually open (we will be there Aug 12-19)???

Also what about hours for Gaspy's?

Glad to hear you had a Grand time! Everything you said was exactly how we felt after staying for the first time last August. We are staying there again in 43 days, can't wait to be "home" :)

I'm hoping for a room in Boca Chica! Our first stay at the GF is in a few weeks- we booked a lagoon room. Would you mind sharing your room number if you remember it?

My wife and I are returning to the GF in October for our second wedding anniversary. We've booked a lagoon view. Anybody have any suggestions for a lagoon view room that maybe catches a glimpse of MK or maybe even the ability to see the fireworks from the room??

Can't wait!

This past December we were in lagoon view room 8413 in Boca Chica. It had a spectacular 4th floor view of the lagoon stretching all the way from the MK entrance to the Polynesian. You can see the Main Street train station and Space Mountain, plus hear the sounds of the park and the boats on the lagoon. The castle was blocked by a tree, so it would not have a view of the fireworks. But honestly I can't imagine a better view in a non "theme park view" room.
gf1.jpg gf2.jpg

For those concerned about lagoon view rooms at GF, in all the years I have been a member on these boards, I can't remember anyone complaining about their lagoon view room at the GF. :goodvibes I have seen issues with lagoon/MK view rooms at Poly (mostly due to overgrown foliage or the new bungalows ).

At GF, I think the room classifications are the best on property. There are no standard rooms looking over parking lots or dumpsters. The garden view rooms are really lovely with the only complaints being the FEW rooms that overlook the pool house from BPK. From the pictures I have seen--as I have no personal experience--lagoon view rooms seem to be "castle obstructed" views meaning you can still see MK but from a different angle(like a side view) over the water. MK view rooms seem to be all encompassing views including the castle.:love:

Last edited:

GXIncognto - Lovely pics!! Thank you for sharing :flower3: I just love hearing the sounds of the MK train whistles and the boat horns. It just instantly relaxes me and screams Disney vacation :cloud9:

Staying at the GF theme park view with CL and I cant tell you how excited I am!! How well can you see/hear the Fireworks show?

So even a lagoon view sounds like you really have a good chance at seeing magic kingdom not including castle.

Hmm I did see some garden pool views that looked pleasant as well. But pretty cool as well.

Glad to hear no dumpster or parking lot views. Biggest concern I guess is to avoid the dormers cause we have little ones and first floor cause currently my five year old thinks he can just open the slider and run outside or his little sister following him Don't need him trying that there.

FWIW, every MK resort room I've ever had with a balcony/patio, including at GF, has had both a handle height and adult height lock on the sliding door. I don't have escape artists but do try to make it a point to lock the upper one as a course of habit.

Staying at the GF theme park view with CL and I cant tell you how excited I am!! How well can you see/hear the Fireworks show?
Back in 05' Honeymooned in main building (when that was the only club) had MK view saw Castle closer then I expected it was lovely. We watched the fireworks about twice (went inside due to bugs buzzing around us) it's really nice , we were right smack in the middle I think, cause directly below I front was the area and off to
The side the boat dock. around I V on this map http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/grand-floridian-resort-map.jpg

We would grab a pizza at Gasprilla (sp?), refill our drinks and head to
Our room. At one point had Mickey bars on the balcony while watching.

Had to edit cause I just realized I typed captain cooks not Gasparilla no, didn't carry a pizza over or take it on the monorail lol when we could bop in to Our resort's 24hr QS lol I think my mickey bar wouldn't have looked so good if we did lol

Last edited:
FWIW, every MK resort room I've ever had with a balcony/patio, including at GF, has had both a handle height and adult height lock on the sliding door. I don't have escape artists but do try to make it a point to lock the upper one as a course of habit.
Thank You! I will!!

Hi! Two questions:

Anybody here ever rent a pontoon boat and take a ride around the lagoon? We are staying at GF in a couple of weeks and this trip I want to take it slower than usual. We stayed at GF in May (my DH, DD6 and me) so this time around we want to do some different things in the afternoons weather permitting.

Also, my DD wants to go to The Tri Circle D ranch at FW. What's the best mode of transportation for a relaxing (but not forever long) ride?

Thanks!

Oh, I wanted to ask how high up are the locks? My 5 year old is tall.

We checked in last night. We are in Sago Cay, ground floor looking at the marina. I love it! We have a connecting room with my MIL which is great. When we walked off the bus yesterday I yelled I'm home! Which in turn made all the cast members started hugging me

Don't quote me on this, but roughly around my head height and I'm 6'.
Thanks! Don't worry I won't.

Does anybody know if you can have a fruity tasty cocktail near the Pool? I've never done this but have always pictured doing this once or twice.

Last edited:
Hi! Two questions:

Anybody here ever rent a pontoon boat and take a ride around the lagoon? We are staying at GF in a couple of weeks and this trip I want to take it slower than usual. We stayed at GF in May (my DH, DD6 and me) so this time around we want to do some different things in the afternoons weather permitting.

Also, my DD wants to go to The Tri Circle D ranch at FW. What's the best mode of transportation for a relaxing (but not forever long) ride?

Thanks!
We rented a pontoon boat in March and spent an hour going around 7 Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. We were able to get close to the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, TTC, Poly, and back to GF. It was a lot of fun. We were able to use one of our discounts but I cant remember if it was AP or DVC. The CMs at the boat dock were very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter