(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a GV room booked for August. We like quiet so I was thinking of requesting Sago Cay. I also have a DD who would love a view of the monorail. I know this is usually the least desirable location -- does anyone have a favourite room in that section, or is it really bad?

Last edited:
Our upcoming stay is 7 days away and needless to say my family of four is ecstatic. We'll be in the Sugar Loaf Building at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

How exciting!!! Just wondering, how do you know what building you're in?

I have a GV room booked for August. We like quiet so I was thinking of requesting Sago Cay. I also have a DD who would love a view of the monorail. I know this is usually the least desirable location -- does anyone have a favourite room in that section, or is it really bad?

Sago Cay is our preferred building. Some people who do not want to be in Sago prefer to be close to the pools and it is a building that often has convention attendees since it is close to that building. I like that Sago is quiet, away from the pools, close to Gaspies, and close to the bus stop. We do not have a favorite room as our last stay was on the marina side. I would just put in a request for Sago Cay and monorail view:flower1:

If there are any areas of the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa you want highlighted, just let me know. I'd love to pay it forward for all of the fantastical photos I've enjoyed over the past few months. Have a great day! I'm going to be vlogging, live streaming and taking lots of photos during this trip as well.

O
If there are any areas of the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa you want highlighted, just let me know. I'd love to pay it forward for all of the fantastical photos I've enjoyed over the past few months. Have a great day! I'm going to be vlogging, live streaming and videoing during this trip as well.
Oh, thank you, can you please maybe post some pictures of the pools? My kids are especially keen to see the slide?
Have a fabulous trip

O

Oh, thank you, can you please maybe post some pictures of the pools? My kids are especially keen to see the slide?
Have a fabulous trip
Yes, Definitely! I'm going to take plenty of pictures of the amenities that I noticed were lacking throughout the internet. The pools at the GFR were definitely some of those, also views from different outer buildings of the GFR and a better preview of the cabanas.

Don't recall the room number but I loved my Sago Cay location - it overlooked a little finger of water w/ the monorail beyond -I quite enjoyed sitting on my balcony watching the monorail cars go by as I sipped my coffee in the morning. The walk from the lobby is quite short & if you happen to be heading in at the time the MK fireworks are happening it's nice to pause in front of Gasparillas and enjoy the show/music.

We're going to GF for the first time this August, and our party will include a couple of older folks with limited mobility. We're staying in the outer buildings, garden view, and the older members of our party will want to be as close as possible to the lobby and probably QS dining...they'll also want to sit on their room balcony and people watch.

For GF veterans, which building will suit us best given those requirements? I'm planning on calling our requests in before we arrive (I made the reservations for everyone). This may be the last WDW trip the older folks are able (or willing) to go on, so I want to make sure it's a very memorable one for them.

Yes, Definitely! I'm going to take plenty of pictures of the amenities that I noticed were lacking throughout the internet. The pools at the GFR were definitely some of those, also views from different outer buildings of the GFR and a better preview of the cabanas.
Thank you!

We're going to GF for the first time this August, and our party will include a couple of older folks with limited mobility. We're staying in the outer buildings, garden view, and the older members of our party will want to be as close as possible to the lobby and probably QS dining...they'll also want to sit on their room balcony and people watch.

For GF veterans, which building will suit us best given those requirements? I'm planning on calling our requests in before we arrive (I made the reservations for everyone). This may be the last WDW trip the older folks are able (or willing) to go on, so I want to make sure it's a very memorable one for them.

I'm not a GFR Veteran, but I've been there a lot considering we always stay at the "Poly" and they have shared health club facilities. Unless I'm crazy (could be), the closest building that's NOT club level to main building, dining and to most transportation would be (back door or side door) Big Pine Key and or Sago Key (side of main building.)
upload_2017-7-3_14-23-32.png

Which buildings are considered Outer Building, Garden view? No club level.

All of the outer buildings except for Sugarloaf are considered Outer Building, Garden View. They all have a number of rooms that are considered Garden View. Sugarloaf is the only one that isn't because that entire bldg. is Club Level.

Don't recall the room number but I loved my Sago Cay location - it overlooked a little finger of water w/ the monorail beyond -I quite enjoyed sitting on my balcony watching the monorail cars go by as I sipped my coffee in the morning. The walk from the lobby is quite short & if you happen to be heading in at the time the MK fireworks are happening it's nice to pause in front of Gasparillas and enjoy the show/music.

I've always thought this is the section I'd request for an outer building room. Now that we have DVC I'll probably never get that chance (not complaining), but after checking it out in person, that's where I decided I'd want to be. It seems like a really peaceful and lovely view.

Hi All!

I'm new and just booked a lagoon view room at the GF. Wondering if there's any specific building I should request? We are hoping to see the fireworks and the electric boat parade from our room if at all possible... also, when I go to online check in- it give me only the following choices "upper floor, lower floor, toy story section". Is this a glitch? Would you recommend I call? Thanks so much for any help!!

Hi All!

I'm new and just booked a lagoon view room at the GF. Wondering if there's any specific building I should request? We are hoping to see the fireworks and the electric boat parade from our room if at all possible... also, when I go to online check in- it give me only the following choices "upper floor, lower floor, toy story section". Is this a glitch? Would you recommend I call? Thanks so much for any help!!
That's a glitch, unless GF has undergone some updates that I'm unaware of, lol.

Edited to add: I just logged onto MDE and looked at check in choices for our August GF trip. They have the same things listed! I'm tempted to pick toy story just to see what I get
:tongue: .

Just got back from our first stay at GF and oh my word! I had no idea I would love it so much and am already trying to figure out how to stay there on our next trip! We were given a room in Boca Chica with an absolutely magical view of the lagoon and castle. Loved having breakfast on our balcony and watching the sun rise over the lagoon and then watching fireworks and the electrical parade at night. Afternoons in the lobby listening to the live music and watching Cinderella and the Prince waltz ... it just never got old. Service, of course, was second to none. We are home now and I keep waiting for someone to come turn down my bed and bring me chocolates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter