(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh! Looks like many of my links are broken, and simply take the viewer to the 2009 FAQ. :badpc: Oh, and my post numbers were off by 1 - post #2 is the Main Bldg.; post #3 is Guest Room Summary; post #4 is Room Photos. Sorry.

I will see if I can find those Sago Cay 2 BR photos for you, Regan117.

Link to the 2009 FAQ page with Misti's photos of Sago Cay and the resort, scroll down to post #571!

Direct link to post #577, with photos of the Sago Cay 2BR Cape Coral Suite. Old decor, of course, but you get the layout.

The deluxe rooms are my favorite since they are large without the excess cost of a suite, but they are hard to get! Storage is honestly a problem in all the GF rooms (particularly with two teenage girls) but here is what I did to remedy the problem this last trip!View attachment 176323View attachment 176324 View attachment 176325All of these are collapsible in case you wondered...so you can fit them in the bottom of your suitcase. Every bathroom at GF has that hamper and we've never used it, so it was a great spot to keep makeup bags, etc. I honestly don't know how we would've fit everything without these! By the end of the week, that one on the vanity was overflowing! Please ignore the dirty flip flops:)
Love your storage ideas! I may do the same for my next trip.

Kerry

I'm sorry to see this fence going up. It is taking away the beauty of the surrounding of the resorts. What's next? A fence on the beaches of oceans because there are sharks in the water? I still think that the fence around the pool at the GF has taken away part of the ambiance of the outdoors.
I was reading a post on Tikimans that said the fence they are putting up is temporary untill the permanent one goes up. I thought the one they put up wasn't too intrusive. Afraid what the permenant one will look like.

The deluxe rooms are my favorite since they are large without the excess cost of a suite, but they are hard to get! Storage is honestly a problem in all the GF rooms (particularly with two teenage girls) but here is what I did to remedy the problem this last trip!View attachment 176323View attachment 176324 View attachment 176325All of these are collapsible in case you wondered...so you can fit them in the bottom of your suitcase. Every bathroom at GF has that hamper and we've never used it, so it was a great spot to keep makeup bags, etc. I honestly don't know how we would've fit everything without these! By the end of the week, that one on the vanity was overflowing! Please ignore the dirty flip flops:)

Such good ideas!!! Thank you! These ideas will come in handy when my girls are teenagers lol.

I was reading a post on Tikimans that said the fence they are putting up is temporary untill the permanent one goes up. I thought the one they put up wasn't too intrusive. Afraid what the permenant one will look like.

I'm with you on that, I don't think the rope fences are that bad, at least you can see enough the view, they just kind fade away to me at least in photographs, I don't think it'll be that bad in person but I'll see this August unless than change them before then. I worry the permanent structures might be more obtrusive, but I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see.

I can't wait to see what the 2017 room rates are for the GF. Probably not going, but would still like to see!

The resort boats going to MK? That would be nice. Are the boat rentals in the marina open yet too?

Yes, for MK. Have not checked on marina rec. They will not let you even walk near the beach. I don't mean to be insensitive but really ruins an aspect of the resort if you cannot even walk ALONG the beach. We have not had a good stay. Not related to the incident but service has vanished here. Empty desks, no check in etc.

Are you in RPC or SL this time? I have a split poly gf coming up and can't imagine not having beach access. Thats our favorite part about paying extra for a deluxe resort, beaches and monorails!!!

Hope you have a nice stay in spite of everything.

Are you in RPC or SL this time? I have a split poly gf coming up and can't imagine not having beach access. Thats our favorite part about paying extra for a deluxe resort, beaches and monorails!!!

Double post sorry.

Last edited:

We are in RPC. I don't want to be negative but we won't be back. There is an overall vibe at the resort that I don't want to be around. I don't think it is about the incident but a huge management problem.

There are no managers here. The management has changed so frequently, including GM, it is ridiculous. All the managers are in Shanghai that we know and it seems like they called 1800 temp to bring in some managers. They know nothing about the resort.

Yes, for MK. Have not checked on marina rec. They will not let you even walk near the beach. I don't mean to be insensitive but really ruins an aspect of the resort if you cannot even walk ALONG the beach. We have not had a good stay. Not related to the incident but service has vanished here. Empty desks, no check in etc.

Even with the fence up along the water, they haven't reopened the beach closest to the walkways yet? Maybe they'll open that back up eventually, I'd hope so anyway since they put up fencing to make people aware to stay away from the water so I figure the beach would be opened back up at least for people to lounge on during the day.

We are in RPC. I don't want to be negative but we won't be back. There is an overall vibe at the resort that I don't want to be around. I don't think it is about the incident but a huge management problem.

There are no managers here. The management has changed so frequently, including GM, it is ridiculous. All the managers are in Shanghai that we know and it seems like they called 1800 temp to bring in some managers. They know nothing about the resort.
PLEASE let Disney Guest Svcs know. I would love for them to be bombarded with negative feedback so they will actually make some changes for the good.

Hmm... I wonder if that might have caused the "original problem..."

PLEASE let Disney Guest Svcs know. I would love for them to be bombarded with negative feedback so they will actually make some changes for the good.
Yes please do! You are a return guess and know from the past what good service HAS been! The fact that it has fallen to such a level that would cause you to say "no more", but still has insanely exorbitant rates is outrageous!! We aren't staying lately either, tho I do love it still. For us it's the rates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter