(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be back at the Grand at the end of August. So excited!!!
I was playing around on MDE, and when I clicked on Gasparilla Grill it said Closed for Refurbishment. Does anyone know the dates for this Refurb? I will be very sad with no late night Gasparilla. Well, a little sad... mostly skipping, jumping, giggling happy to be back at the Grand!!!

Good Evening :wave2:

Lots of great pics...Thanks Baler31 & Blue. Makes me wish I had a trip planned.

This was from my last trip to the GF in 2012, was waiting for some friends to arrive, yes Blue I'm talking about you....This was the trip where we commandeered one of those carts for a photo session

DME.jpg

Just in case anyone is headed the the Grand at the end of August...
Just confirmed with a CM at the Grand. Gasparilla Grill is listed on the calendar as closed for refurbishment from Aug. 23 for approx 2 weeks. She assured me that they will have some sort of alternative... I do hope there's an easily accessible refillable mug station.

Just confirmed with a CM at the Grand. Gasparilla Grill is listed on the calendar as closed for refurbishment from Aug. 23 for approx 2 weeks. She assured me that they will have some sort of alternative... I do hope there's an easily accessible refillable mug station.

I stayed at the GF back in December of 2012 when GG was closed for refurb. Mizner's became the QS spot for refillable mugs and other quick service needs (QS breakfasts was what we usually used it for). It wasn't inconvenient, but didn't have GG to compare it to at the time!

It doesn't seem that long ago that they refurbed when taking out the arcade. Best move ever! No idea why they'd need another refurb :confused3. Sad, we arrive at Poly on 8/22 for 2 weeks. Was planning a trip or 2 to Gaspys, my daughter loves the Gaspys burger, and I like the salad bar. Boo!

There is a mug refill station at the Beach Pool.

It doesn't seem that long ago that they refurbed when taking out the arcade. Best move ever! No idea why they'd need another refurb :confused3. Sad, we arrive at Poly on 8/22 for 2 weeks. Was planning a trip or 2 to Gaspys, my daughter loves the Gaspys burger, and I like the salad bar. Boo!

I am also wondering what they could possibly be renovating?? They did such an awesome total remodel already! Sorry for those of you that will be inconvenienced. That's really annoying! At least you'll have Captain Cooks (Cap'n Cooks?). Hurricane Hanna's over at BC closes at 9pm which is very inconvenient (we learned the hard way when we were there earlier this month).

I tried to get back to GF for our July Anniversary trip but it just isn't available for our dates/discounts! All these lovely pictures will have to carry me over until we can visit again!

Please keep them coming!

A displaced to BWI GF girl!

Liz

Good Evening :wave2:

Lots of great pics...Thanks Baler31 & Blue. Makes me wish I had a trip planned.

This was from my last trip to the GF in 2012, was waiting for some friends to arrive, yes Blue I'm talking about you....This was the trip where we commandeered one of those carts for a photo session

I remember that trip!! :goodvibes Lotsa fun!!! Commandeered a cart??? Who ..where..????????? Was secutiry involved???LOL!!!! :cool2::rotfl:

Thanks for sharing that info Audrey...I too am surprised since it seems that it has been more recently refurbed...I do believe that there is an additional mug refill station at the beach pool bar which is called Beaches Pool Bar and Grill....Perhaps as VS85 has mentioned below Mizner's will again be utilized as the temporary QS spot...

I stayed at the GF back in December of 2012 when GG was closed for refurb. Mizner's became the QS spot for refillable mugs and other quick service needs (QS breakfasts was what we usually used it for). It wasn't inconvenient, but didn't have GG to compare it to at the time!

I remember that too...and that it was set up very nicely wit the original wrought iron furniture replacing the usual Mizner's furniture...

I was not sad to see the aracde moved out of Gaspie's..lol....and really enjoy the new look that came with the expansion and the refurb.. as VS85 mentioned was only in 2012...but I guess that actually is a while ago...considering the amount of people that utilize Gasparillas...Thanks for the confirmation on there being a refill station over at the beach pool bar! :thumbsup2

I am also wondering what they could possibly be renovating?? They did such an awesome total remodel already! Sorry for those of you that will be inconvenienced. That's really annoying! At least you'll have Captain Cooks (Cap'n Cooks?). Hurricane Hanna's over at BC closes at 9pm which is very inconvenient (we learned the hard way when we were there earlier this month).

Totally agree...love the extra seating ..particularly tucked away in the back...::yes:: ..and those big tall booths! Very nice...I hope that no one is too inconvenienced either....

This thread makes me so excited to be going back to the Grand in August! I'm loving all the pictures...keep them coming!

:thumbsup2:goodvibes
I tried to get back to GF for our July Anniversary trip but it just isn't available for our dates/discounts! All these lovely pictures will have to carry me over until we can visit again!

Please keep them coming!

A displaced to BWI GF girl!

Liz

Liz Keep trying..I have had rooms open up up to a week before trip time....:wizard: ..we don't want you to be a displaced GF Gal!! Congrats on the anniversary trip :goodvibes ...GF or BWI I am sure that it will be wonderful! I am a fan of the BWI too...and would easily choose it if the GF were not available...as a matter of fact our winter trip is going to be a BWI/GF split....::yes:: The proximity to Epcot will make for some very convenient anniversary dining for you....

Techie Trish!! :goodvibes Thank you for posting those pics...:goodvibes :thumbsup2 You put together terrific maps of the SL rooms! I know that must have taken quite a bit of time to do....much appreciated!!

Hope that everyone is having a fabulous Friday...:earsgirl: preppy GF gal who really needs to finish unpacking...:blush:

Hey everyone,
please tell me i made the right decision by booking a Themed Park View Room in Boca Chica for my family Oct 2016. We are 2 adults & 3 kids ( 6, 4, 2 ).
Getting a little nervous that we didnt book the Poly.

Liz Keep trying..I have had rooms open up up to a week before trip time....:wizard: ..we don't want you to be a displaced GF Gal!! Congrats on the anniversary trip :goodvibes ...GF or BWI I am sure that it will be wonderful! I am a fan of the BWI too...and would easily choose it if the GF were not available...as a matter of fact our winter trip is going to be a BWI/GF split....::yes:: The proximity to Epcot will make for some very convenient anniversary dining for you....

Hope that everyone is having a fabulous Friday...:earsgirl: preppy GF gal who really needs to finish unpacking...:blush:

All the CMs say to check back but we may "cheat" on GF and stick with something new. Another check on the CL bucket list!

I'm in the process of booking a tea so we will visit. Now to convince DH to consider someplace OTHER than Artist Point for dinner!

Glad you had a wonderful stay and thanks again everyone for the great pictures!

Liz

We have just booked 2 nights for next April to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
Been past so many times on the monorail but this will be our first time actually staying there.

Congratulations on the Anniversary and the stay! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Blue Gaspys is so much more enjoyable without the arcade for sure! But last August it was still looking great, no wear & tear that I could see?
True we still have Capt Cooks, but when we stay at the monorail resorts, it's fun (& easy) to hop around to the other CS. Sigh. Wish they waited till Sept to close it.

Trish & Beth may be enablers :rolleyes1 I asked TA if there was any CL availability for my first 2 days at Poly,lol. Will find out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter