(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WooHoo on the upcoming trip
LOL on the snail mail pin code.I think I received one of those a few weeks ago

:wave2: ahcupcake
Yes, it was a couple of weeks ago, I am just getting a chance to stop by now.

How many years now for you guys? Hope you have a great trip and happy planning:)

29! We celebrated our honeymoon there and we used try to get there for milestone anniversaries. Ever since our 25 we try to get there for a few nights every year.

We haven't been there since January we missed this years there, my DS was in the NYPD academy and we wanted to be here for support. January was FREEEZING:cold:, we had one warm day. We have gone before in January but the weather was much nicer.

I hope to take my kids late September early October next year, that is my favorite season.

We're planning to be at the Grand for Halloween next year. Are there any activities at the resort for Halloween?

Super. If anyone is there this week, could you post a picture of the resort offerings for Halloween? Much appreciated!

I promise I'm not a stalker but possibly your twin, lol... I am also in PA, and we were also there during the cold snap in Dec 2010! Small world, no pun intended!
Gigglesnort.
Now if you tell me that you're from Taylor Swift's hometown or see the Gosselins when out shopping then we can be twins ;)
Yeah it was horribly cold there, froze my behind off waiting for some castle show during a Christmas party

Hello All!!!

Finally have a trip booked!! I can't believe it but I received a pin code in the snail mail. I saved 30% off for a trip in June. I love being there for my anniversary and hopefully everything works out and get to go.

I hope everyone is planning magical trips!

Congrats on the pin code! We got one in the mail about a month ago so I'm trying to plan a spring trip with it...lol. Hope everything goes well and the trip goes as planned :wizard:.

Everything is well here except I can't tell if I'm currently suffering through an allergy attack or my first cold of the fall/winter season.

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Aside from that, glad everything else is good ;).

I am also in PA, and we were also there during the cold snap in Dec 2010!

I'm not from PA, but we were also there in Dec 2010 during the cold snap :laughing:.

I hope to take my kids late September early October next year, that is my favorite season.

I'm also trying to put together a fall 2020 trip with our boys, along with their girlfriends. One has never been and the other has been one time (2006). My one DS is taking his girlfriend (the one that's never been) in Feb for her birthday, so she'll get a taste of Disney before we all go together. She's very excited for Feb and already wants to go again before next fall.....lol.....so I'm trying to put a girls trip together for spring......can't let that pin code go to waste :rotfl: :rotfl:. Good luck planning for next fall......maybe we'll be there during the same time :goodvibes.

We're planning to be at the Grand for Halloween next year.

How exciting! Hope you have a great trip :).

Hello All!!!

Finally have a trip booked!! I can't believe it but I received a pin code in the snail mail. I saved 30% off for a trip in June. I love being there for my anniversary and hopefully everything works out and get to go.

I hope everyone is planning magical trips!

Gotta love the snail mail pin codes!! I got one too and this is the first time I’ve ever been able to use it!!! I was so excited!

Last edited:
Congrats on the pin code! We got one in the mail about a month ago so I'm trying to plan a spring trip with it...lol. Hope everything goes well and the trip goes as planned :wizard:.

together a fall 2020 trip with our boys, along with their girlfriends. One has never been and the other has been one time (2006). My one DS is taking his girlfriend (the one that's never been) in Feb for her birthday, so she'll get a taste of Disney before we all go together. She's very excited for Feb and already wants to go again before next fall.....lol.....so I'm trying to put a girls trip together for spring......can't let that pin code go to waste :rotfl: :rotfl:. Good luck planning for next fall......maybe we'll be there during the same time :goodvibes.

How exciting! Hope you have a great trip :).

:wave2: Mickeynut1
That sounds like so much fun. I love visiting with people that have never been or haven't been. The look on their faces is priceless.

That would be great if we're there at the same time, I waiting and waiting for DS to get his time off from work. He's a new NYPD police officer so we have to be flexible. DD will be finished with college this May, so we can really go whenever he can. My kids have never been there in the fall, they have only been there is May and July, so they are really looking forward to the weather.

Gotta love the snail mail pin codes!! I got one too and this is the first time I’ve ever been able to use it!!! I was so excited!

Congrats!! I always get them in different names of the people I have traveled with, but this one came in my BIL's name and the last name is the same, so it worked on line. I have always gotten sweet cast members willing to help me use the other pin's, but this one was way easy and perfect dates. Actually, its been a long time since getting a pin in my name or someone else's. I thought I was off their list because they know I am coming anyway..:rotfl2:

:wave2: Mickeynut1
That sounds like so much fun. I love visiting with people that have never been or haven't been. The look on their faces is priceless.

Hey there :wave2:

Oh I know....it's always fun seeing people react for the first time! My DS's girlfriend is already thinking about upgrading to an AP when she and DS go in Feb. I told my DS that she came up with that idea all by herself with no prodding from me. All I said was I could use a travel buddy, she did all the research on her own :laughing:. I told her I got a discount code for spring and I could pretty much go anytime, so she's looking at dates she can go in May with me...lol.

That would be great if we're there at the same time, I waiting and waiting for DS to get his time off from work. He's a new NYPD police officer so we have to be flexible. DD will be finished with college this May, so we can really go whenever he can. My kids have never been there in the fall, they have only been there is May and July, so they are really looking forward to the weather.

Yes, that would be great...it's always fun meeting other Disers :).

I remember when your DS got on with the NYPD. I hope things are going well with him and his job! I can't believe your DD will be finished with college, lots of good changes in your household. I hope things work out for a fall trip as fall is a great time to be in Disney :goodvibes.

I always get them in different names of the people I have traveled with, but this one came in my BIL's name and the last name is the same, so it worked on line. I have always gotten sweet cast members willing to help me use the other pin's, but this one was way easy and perfect dates. Actually, its been a long time since getting a pin in my name or someone else's. I thought I was off their list because they know I am coming anyway..:rotfl2:

The one we got a couple weeks ago is the first in probably 10 years and I was so excited. Then I go to my brother's house and see one on their counter. They've only been once about 5 years ago. I guess when you keep going back Disney figures they have you hooked and you'll keep going regardless, so they have to try and entice the newcomers :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Hey there :wave2:

Oh I know....it's always fun seeing people react for the first time! My DS's girlfriend is already thinking about upgrading to an AP when she and DS go in Feb. I told my DS that she came up with that idea all by herself with no prodding from me. All I said was I could use a travel buddy, she did all the research on her own :laughing:. I told her I got a discount code for spring and I could pretty much go anytime, so she's looking at dates she can go in May with me...lol.

Yes, that would be great...it's always fun meeting other Disers :).

I remember when your DS got on with the NYPD. I hope things are going well with him and his job! I can't believe your DD will be finished with college, lots of good changes in your household. I hope things work out for a fall trip as fall is a great time to be in Disney :goodvibes.

The one we got a couple weeks ago is the first in probably 10 years and I was so excited. Then I go to my brother's house and see one on their counter. They've only been once about 5 years ago. I guess when you keep going back Disney figures they have you hooked and you'll keep going regardless, so they have to try and entice the newcomers :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Oh my goodness she sounds so sweet. My DS is more of my Disney travel buddy then my DD..:rotfl:. She likes it a lot but not like the rest of us. Then again, I don't really know where she'd rather go either..:rotfl:

Not too far from there. Where I live is home to the largest mall on the east coast. I'm sure you know where that is!

Haven't been to that mall in ages. It's fabulous for high end designers. Got my LV there & mom got a pair of Loubs.
Is the Disney store still there? My guess probably not since they seem to be closing them.
Too funny that we're so close, just jump on 422W

We haven't been in almost 8 years so you're probably correct, they want our $$$ cause those multi trip years not one pin code.
Of course we did have AP's for a few years.
I think the only other pin we got was for free dining like 12 years ago and we couldn't use it
since we were on a splurge trip aka CL and the now gone Platinum Plan

Haven't been to that mall in ages. It's fabulous for high end designers. Got my LV there & mom got a pair of Loubs.
Is the Disney store still there? My guess probably not since they seem to be closing them.
Too funny that we're so close, just jump on 422W

We haven't been in almost 8 years so you're probably correct, they want our $$$ cause those multi trip years not one pin code.
I think the only other pin we got was for free dining like 12 years ago and we couldn't use it
Ds doesn’t have an email attached to Disney. I have done ALL of his bookings. His AP expired in June. So when he got snail mail pin I was surprised. Oh he is 22.

He hadn’t had an AP in many years so maybe that’s why?

Oh my goodness she sounds so sweet. My DS is more of my Disney travel buddy then my DD..:rotfl:. She likes it a lot but not like the rest of us. Then again, I don't really know where she'd rather go either..:rotfl:

She is very sweet, her and I get along so good....as I do with my other DS's girlfriend. My DH and boys enjoy Disney, but not near as much as I do...lol. I told my boys to prepare themselves because I think I may have just found 2 travel buddies :laughing:. The one has a little more flexible work schedule, but the other could manage time off ;).

Disney knows they already have those of us that keep returning, so they figure no need to send a pin :rotfl:.

Hi all,

Wanted to get a late night Dinner recommendation for my 1 night stay at GF. Currently schedule to arrive late evening (DD and her Bestie are going to go to school and we will take a late flight) and we currently have a 9:20p at Narcoossee's. Really want to stay close to the grand so the girls can explore the hotel. We are realizing that our dining reservations are a bit seafood and fish heavy.

Any other reservations we should make or keep our Narcoossee's?

Hi all,

Wanted to get a late night Dinner recommendation for my 1 night stay at GF. Currently schedule to arrive late evening (DD and her Bestie are going to go to school and we will take a late flight) and we currently have a 9:20p at Narcoossee's. Really want to stay close to the grand so the girls can explore the hotel. We are realizing that our dining reservations are a bit seafood and fish heavy.

Any other reservations we should make or keep our Narcoossee's?

Hi Mika02

We love Citrico's and The Grand Floridian Cafe as well as Narcoossee's. Take a look at those menus and see if work better for you. Have a great night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter