• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been answered somewhere along the way but I’m a bit confused by something and hoping someone can clarify. We’ve booked a club level, outer building, theme park view room for our stay. But in reading on here and a couple other online sources, in the Sugar Loaf building there are no theme park view rooms....am I reading this wrong or is my reservation wrong?

This may have been answered somewhere along the way but I’m a bit confused by something and hoping someone can clarify. We’ve booked a club level, outer building, theme park view room for our stay. But in reading on here and a couple other online sources, in the Sugar Loaf building there are no theme park view rooms....am I reading this wrong or is my reservation wrong?

The choices are main building club level theme park view or outer building club level standard view. I might have some of the wording wrong, such as they might not call the outer building view standard, but I know there has never been a club level outer building theme park view. Are your sure your room type doesn’t say main building, or are you sure it does say club level? Unless maybe it’s a suite in an outer building with club level access? Those are the only things I can think of, maybe someone else will come along with different info.

Based on Sugar Loaf's location at the resort, I do not know where there could be a MK view. What does your reservation show in MDE?

I agree with @ninafeliz that if sounds like a 1 or 2 bedroom outer building TPV with club level access suite.

Any special location recommendation if we are booking an outer bldg garden view, preferably king sized bed? Never stayed at GF before so don't know where the better buildings are (if there's an option at garden view level).

Any special location recommendation if we are booking an outer bldg garden view, preferably king sized bed? Never stayed at GF before so don't know where the better buildings are (if there's an option at garden view level).
We really like big pine key. It is very convenient to the main building and both pools. I’m not sure about king rooms as we are a family of 5 but I’m sure someone can help you find one

The kings are upon request, they are scattered around the resort. Honestly gf doesn't have a bad building.

So if king your priority , the only way to make your request is to call Disney and have it noted to your reservation .

The kings are upon request, they are scattered around the resort. Honestly gf doesn't have a bad building.

So if king your priority , the only way to make your request is to call Disney and have it noted to your reservation .

Great!! Pretty nice to know there isn't a bad building at GF, unlike some other resorts' buildings that seem to be miles apart. Definitely a good perk :thumbsup2

I think anywhere at the GF is great, but two of my favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are close to the main building and beach pool. The GF isn't all that spread out so while some buildings are closer to the main areas than others, none of them are far away. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Honestly gf doesn't have a bad building.

I agree :thumbsup2

I think anywhere at the GF is great, but two of my favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are close to the main building and beach pool. The GF isn't all that spread out so while some buildings are closer to the main areas than others, none of them are far away. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Awesome!! Thank you, someone else also said Big Pine Key, so good to know! We can hardly wait. Although I think I should be more excited about the wedding than the honeymoon? :rotfl:Oops!

I got a pretty good AP rate on an outer building theme park view room for 6/5-6/9, 2019!!! 50th birthday just happens to be on June 6th! We are usually fall travelers so any information on that time frame would be great. Is is best to request a higher floor with those rooms? There will be 5 of us. Me, dw, 2 adult dds, and our 6 year old grandson. His first time there. The first day is a travel day, so I am thinking about that being a pool day and Chef Mickey's for dinner.

I got a pretty good AP rate on an outer building theme park view room for 6/5-6/9, 2019!!! 50th birthday just happens to be on June 6th! We are usually fall travelers so any information on that time frame would be great. Is is best to request a higher floor with those rooms? There will be 5 of us. Me, dw, 2 adult dds, and our 6 year old grandson. His first time there. The first day is a travel day, so I am thinking about that being a pool day and Chef Mickey's for dinner.
Congrats on the Birthday Trip and the good AP rate!

I would probably go for a third or fourth floor room. The fifth floor dormer rooms may be a little small for your family, or may just feel smaller, especially if you need the sofa bed. The dormers also have an enclosed balcony that may block those MK views if you are seated. Your idea of a pool day for arrival is excellent. I always find travel to be tiring. What better way to recharge the batteries than to relax by one of the pools! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. :cloud9:

Hello fellow June birthday, although your a Gemini and I am Cancer. We love the summer and with 5 people in the room try to check for and outer building deluxe room. Its not much more but there is way more space. We're actually trying the fall this year and would love any information on that time frame. Me and DH went once then but I don't remember too much. Your time frame is my anniversary and we have travel those date many times. What kind of information are you looking for?

Hello fellow June birthday, although your a Gemini and I am Cancer. We love the summer and with 5 people in the room try to check for and outer building deluxe room. Its not much more but there is way more space. We're actually trying the fall this year and would love any information on that time frame. Me and DH went once then but I don't remember too much. Your time frame is my anniversary and we have travel those date many times. What kind of information are you looking for?

With a 6 year old I am thinking we will need to do an afternoon break back to the resort. I usually take longer trips and plan for a down day or two. It just never happens. Once I am there it is hard to stop! LOL. I am now sure what the crowds will be like the first week of June and whether they extend hours. Just any good tips for that time of the year.

Fall is a great time to go. Earlier it is still pretty warm. This year we were there the week after Thanksgiving and it was actually pretty cold for part of the trip. They broke out heavy WDW coats in the stores and sold a lot of them. So pack for warm and cold. Keep a good eye on the forecast for about 10 days before you leave. The crowds have increased over what they use to be, but it is still pretty manageable. The Halloween party and Christmas party are both great. The Candlelight processional at EPCOT is great if you are there when the Christmas season starts too.

Last edited:
Awesome!! Thank you, someone else also said Big Pine Key, so good to know! We can hardly wait. Although I think I should be more excited about the wedding than the honeymoon? :rotfl:Oops!

You're welcome! It's all very exciting, nothing wrong with having a lot of excitement for the honeymoon...lol. Enjoy the rest of your planning :goodvibes.

Shutterfly just sent me an email suggesting different photo projects for Valentine's Day. One of the suggestions was to frame a photo of my son and myself, with Richard, taken January of 2018. It hit me hard. I know he lived a good and long life but he is still missed.

He's definitely missed :sad1:.

Sounds like a great birthday trip! Congrats on the good AP rate. I think your arrival day plans will be a good way to wind down from traveling as the GF has beautiful surroundings with 2 nice pools. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I would probably go for a third or fourth floor room. The fifth floor dormer rooms may be a little small for your family, or may just feel smaller, especially if you need the sofa bed. The dormers also have an enclosed balcony that may block those MK views if you are seated. Your idea of a pool day for arrival is excellent. I always find travel to be tiring. What better way to recharge the batteries than to relax by one of the pools! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. :cloud9:

Good advice ;).

We love the summer and with 5 people in the room try to check for and outer building deluxe room. Its not much more but there is way more space.

Good suggestion if you want some extra space :thumbsup2.

We're actually trying the fall this year and would love any information on that time frame. Me and DH went once then but I don't remember too much.

I was just there the end of Oct and while it was warm, it wasn't unbearable (it was actually quite nice....warm enough to swim, but not too hot for walking around the parks). We did the parks and the Halloween party, but also had down time, which was nice. Fall is a great time to go and is my favorite time of year next to Christmas. Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

With a 6 year old I am thinking we will need to do an afternoon break back to the resort. I usually take longer trips and plan for a down day or two. It just never happens. Once I am there it is hard to stop! LOL. I am now sure what the crowds will be like the first week of June and whether they extend hours. Just any good tips for that time of the year.

I was there this past June those exact dates. It was hot, but we just took our time in the parks and took advantage of lounge time (stayed BWI CL). It was a girls trip so while we didn't have little ones with us, we did take things slow and took it a day at a time depending on the weather, etc. We did hit the parks, but we also found ourselves frequenting the lounge quite often for down time/relaxing. Have a great trip :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter