(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you had a great time! I've stayed both RPC and standard GV (Big Pine Key) and I, too, think the outer buildings are great (especially BPK & BC as both overlook the courtyard pool). I've also stayed SL and while I didn't care for that, I'd have no trouble staying outer building GV if RPC wasn't doable/available :).

Thanks! I'd have no problem staying in that LV room again! The view was so tranquil and beautiful! I miss it!

We are about to leave for the GF and would like to get some advice on room request. We have a TPV room in the main building and would like the 4th floor to be on the same level as the RPC . It’s my understanding that the only TPV rooms are 4401to 4409. If correct, can anyone with experience with those rooms offer an opinion on which room to request?

We are about to leave for the GF and would like to get some advice on room request. We have a TPV room in the main building and would like the 4th floor to be on the same level as the RPC . It’s my understanding that the only TPV rooms are 4401to 4409. If correct, can anyone with experience with those rooms offer an opinion on which room to request?

4401-4409 might be better then, 4309 and 4409 will have the bigger balcony, maybe consider 3rd also if there is a certain room you’re after, I should say.

Last edited:

:laughing: I’m not sure that’s possible!!!!! When I’m there in July I’ll have to take a picture of me wearing them! It will be good for a little laugh!!!! Hope you’re having a great time!

Having a great time, I do think the secret is out about this time of year now though, crowds have been up the entire trip, leave next week.

Having a great time, I do think the secret is out about this time of year now though, crowds have been up the entire trip, leave next week.

Has been more crowded since they started offering free dining during this week. I still enjoy it (even though I froze my butt off the past couple days!!!) Can’t beat being surrounded by everything Christmas!!! We leave tomorrow!

Has been more crowded since they started offering free dining during this week. I still enjoy it (even though I froze my butt off the past couple days!!!) Can’t beat being surrounded by everything Christmas!!! We leave tomorrow!
Oh, you still at WL, we rented a boat today and went over that way, I decided it’d be a good time to get some pics of River Country before the new deluxe comes in.

Oh, you still at WL, we rented a boat today and went over that way, I decided it’d be a good time to get some pics of River Country before the new deluxe comes in.

Yep! That’s awesome, did you get any good pictures?! It was a beautiful day for a boat ride!

Yes and yes very nice.....finally, seemed like a long few days of cold.

It was freezing!!!!!! The last time I can remember it being that cold was like 2005! We were in coats and hats!! (We were in NC prior to that trip in 20 degree weather, so we had everything with us, luckily!)

It was freezing!!!!!! The last time I can remember it being that cold was like 2005! We were in coats and hats!! (We were in NC prior to that trip in 20 degree weather, so we had everything with us, luckily!)

We had everything with us, learned my lesson back in I think 2012 or 2013 on a February trip it froze, back home in Nebraska it’s been cold and more cold with a dash of snow!

I don't have any suggestions for room requests, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time! :wizard:

Glad you're having a great time! I remember when late November/early December was a "slow" time of year, but it has been getting busier each year. Seems like there's not really any slow time anymore :sad2:.

I agree, being surrounded by everything Christmas (and Disney) is amazing! Hope you had a great trip. Safe travels tomorrow :).

I just love the GF at this time of the year! :cloud9:

I agree, it's just gorgeous! :santa: :goodvibes

It was freezing when we were there in December 2003. We weren't prepared, though, as we didn't pack for every kind of weather. The day we arrived was beautiful and warm (we swam/sat by the pool), but after that the bottom fell out and it got very cold! We had to buy coats and gloves and the resort pool was actually closed for the rest of our week there. We had an awesome time as it was our first time there around Christmas, but the cold snap was quite a surprise :(.

Sorry I just now saw this post. We just returned earlier this week from RPC TPV room. We had 4309 (on 3rd floor) which is the furthest on the right and closest to the lounge (though not on same floor). I posted a review and pics in the CL thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/page-989

But since you are likely in a rush, I'd suggest request/hoping for a room more in the middle to get away from the palm tree you can see in my picture:
RPC TPV.png

RPC TPV night.png

I'll tell you, getting back to our room each night and seeing the above view of the Castle just really set the tone for our stay! That combined with the beauty of looking down at the lobby while eating in the lounge was enough to keep me wishing I could go back!!

Have fun!

Last edited:
Sorry I just now saw this post. We just returned earlier this week from RPC TPV room. We had 4309 (on 3rd floor) which is the furthest on the right and closest to the lounge (though not on same floor). I posted a review and pics in the CL thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/page-989

But since you are likely in a rush, I'd suggest request/hoping for a room more in the middle to get away from the palm tree you can see in my picture:
View attachment 367718

View attachment 367717

I'll tell you, getting back to our room each night and seeing the above view of the Castle just really set the tone for our stay! That combined with the beauty of looking down at the lobby while eating in the lounge was enough to keep me wishing I could go back!!

Have fun!

Beautiful!!!!!!! Hope you had fun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter