• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited!! 1st Grand stay in less than a month.

I have a GV room booked ans asked for an unobstructed view of the courtyard pool. I think I would be happy with any view as long as it's not facing the pool bar.

Any other tips from the GF vets? I would love to know a great spot to watch the MK fireworks.

You will love the GF! I'm no expert either on fireworks watching from the GF, but I agree with GADisneyDad on the marina/gaspies being a good place to watch. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the GF :wizard:.

So excited!! 1st Grand stay in less than a month.

I have a GV room booked ans asked for an unobstructed view of the courtyard pool. I think I would be happy with any view as long as it's not facing the pool bar.

Any other tips from the GF vets? I would love to know a great spot to watch the MK fireworks.

We haven't stayed at GV yet (looking forward to checking into the Villas in February!), but we've watched MK fireworks from the boat dock several times! Narcoossee's also has a deck for viewing the fireworks and pipes in the music, but I think you may have to be dining there to watch from there.

We were at the GF the last week of November and my favorite thing to do is to watch the fireworks from the resort. They pipe in the music at the marina in front of Gasparillas and there are plenty of chairs and other places to sit. We even ordered some food and they delivered it to our outside table during the fireworks. It was really nice.

I also watched the fireworks from the area next to Narcoossees, but they didn't play the fireworks music the night I was there. They played regular Christmas songs. You can also see the fireworks from the boat dock and there are seats there, but they didn't play the music there - or if they did - I couldn't hear it.

If they are playing the fireworks music at Narcoossees then that is the best view. Otherwise the marina is a good. :)

Checking in today for 3 nights to celebrate my MIL 79th birthday! She just flew here from Maine yesterday and we surprised her with the trip last night. My daughter thinks we are staying at POR :rotfl2: If you see this woman wheeling around on her scooter wish her a happy birthday!

View attachment 289462

What a great surprise! Happy birthday to your MIL. Hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

Checking in today for 3 nights to celebrate my MIL 79th birthday! She just flew here from Maine yesterday and we surprised her with the trip last night. My daughter thinks we are staying at POR :rotfl2: If you see this woman wheeling around on her scooter wish her a happy birthday!

View attachment 289462
What a wonderful surprise! You have the nicest ideas. I hope you all have a magnificent time. Safe travels! :cloud9:

Just got back last night from a brief but amazing stay at VGF! This was our first time staying at the Grand (or any deluxe for that matter, and only third time staying on property at all). I think I'm spoiled for life. I can't imagine a better place to stay while at Disney!

Now to start saving up for the next trip!

Just got back last night from a brief but amazing stay at VGF! This was our first time staying at the Grand (or any deluxe for that matter, and only third time staying on property at all). I think I'm spoiled for life. I can't imagine a better place to stay while at Disney!

Now to start saving up for the next trip!

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the GF. Enjoy planning your next trip :wizard:.

I found no GF specific ornaments on our stay recently, I checked all of the stores in GF. I ended up with a Gingerbread cookie ornament, but it has no preservatives in it so not sure how long it will last.
I regret not buying a GF ornament when they had them...could’ve been a while ago since we’ve been staying at GF for a decade:earseek:! Time flies when you’re having fun, I guess. Just a suggestion, but you might want to spray the cookie ornament with some polyurethane (from Michael’s or Hobby Lobby) to preserve it.

Looks like the family and I are heading back to GF in Nov 2018.
I need to look at your posts, but does anyone off the top of their head remember how soon after Thanksgiving the GF tree and gingerbread house are up?

I’d like to stay CL. DH and I need to finalize dates and see what is available to fit our kids.

Hello friends,
We just got back from our wonderful first stay at the Grand. We got our text at 9:41am saying our garden view room was ready. I requested upper floor, marina view, and got it! The resort was especially lovely in the morning and late evenings when most of the crowds were gone. All the CM’s were fantastic,especially in the Basin Store where we bought several Christmas presents for the family. I needed to check in one of my son’s friends for a 1 night stay with us and get a magic band for him. The concierge Alejandro was unhelpful and downright nasty. I ended up getting in line again and another CM took care of us. This was the only non magical interaction we experienced our whole trip!
Monorail worked efficiently, recommend monorail to MK then travel by boat back to Resort. Try to make time to walk the trail from Polynesian to the Grand at night, very beautiful.
My daughter and I loved the Grand Floridian but my DH and DS love the Polynesian more. Since I’m the one who books the reservations it looks like our next trip will be at the Grand!:lmao::cool1::thumbsup2

I need to look at your posts, but does anyone off the top of their head remember how soon after Thanksgiving the GF tree and gingerbread house are up? ....

We were at WDW the first week of November, and the GF Tree was up and the gingerbread house was in an advanced stage of construction. I think it was probably finished in time for Thanksgiving if not before.

So I've booked my first stay at the Grand for 11/1-11/6 of 2018. I always thought I'd stay here for a trip with my hubby, but it was one of the few options available to us with the military discount for our girls racecation so we booked it! Excited to try a new resort!

We have a garden view outer building room booked. I'm worried about being far from transportation, only because of all the running, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter