2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see the June activities list!! Then we'll see what movie is playing on our arrival day...with my luck it will be Frozen!

Activities Schedules and Easter Events

Thanks for posting the April calendar. We'll be there in thirteen days. It looks like DH and I will be spending a little time on the beach watching Big Hero 6. We've never watched a movie on the beach before and this will be a fun, new experience. :)

Does anyone have details about the ceramics activity? I'm thinking it is a pre-formed object that we paint, as it can be picked up the following day. I have not been able to find any information about price either.

We have been Poly regulars in the past who will be going to the YC for the 1st time this summer specifically for the pool and the location. Now I'm starting to get concerned about the QS options. We are a family with lots of kids, young to old, and having the flexibility of a food court is nice thing to have. After reading through the posts, I think the only true cafeteria style food court near the YC/BC is Picabu at the Dolphin and it's not DDP. Besides that, we can grab food at the BC marketplace, Huricane Hannahs, or the Boardwalk Bakery, and eat by the pool or in the room. Or we could enter Epcot and eat a QS in the Showcase. Has this been as issue for other families with kids or are there enough options to not make it much of an issue? Is it worth not being on DDP in order to utilize Picabu?

After checking for the past few months, we FINALLY snagged availability at the Yacht Club and got our reservation switched! We are now in a garden view room at the YC, Nov. 11-21! So excited!
Hey Dee, any chance you could make the appropriate changes to the Be Our Guest list? :goodvibes

We have been Poly regulars in the past who will be going to the YC for the 1st time this summer specifically for the pool and the location. Now I'm starting to get concerned about the QS options. We are a family with lots of kids, young to old, and having the flexibility of a food court is nice thing to have. After reading through the posts, I think the only true cafeteria style food court near the YC/BC is Picabu at the Dolphin and it's not DDP. Besides that, we can grab food at the BC marketplace, Huricane Hannahs, or the Boardwalk Bakery, and eat by the pool or in the room. Or we could enter Epcot and eat a QS in the Showcase. Has this been as issue for other families with kids or are there enough options to not make it much of an issue? Is it worth not being on DDP in order to utilize Picabu?

We traveled with four kids last year ranging from 11 months to 10 year and had no issue finding food. We did eat from BC Marketplace a few times, did the short walk to the Boardwalk Cafe a few times too. Mostly we ate in the parks or hopped into Epcot for something. It really was not a problem at all. I personally wouldn't go to the Dolphin just for QS options, especially if you are on the DDP.

What is this 7-in-7 thing about construction? We're staying at the YC at the end of August.

If you check the first post in this thread, you will find the latest information on the BC/YC/BCV room refurbishment. :)

The latest information available is that the BC and possibly the BCVs are undergoing a room refurbishment. The BC rooms are expected to be finished by the end of August. Once they are finished with the BC they are expected to start on the YC. Most likely they will start with club level at the YC first if they follow the same pattern that they used for the BC.

If you are staying at the YC at the end of August then you most likely won't be affected. We will be at the BC later this month and we received a letter from the management informing us about the work being done.

leaving in the AM for Yacht...

First time staying there..

Anyone need any questions answered?

I hope your trip is magical! Thank you for the offer. I am interested in closing times for the marketplace, Hanna's, pool/lifeguards off duty time - but most of these will change every month - and maybe every day. Any update on the progress of the BC refurb would be great - 4th floor done, 3rd floor started, villas started, etc... Pics of the ceramics activity 'stuff' and pricing. Of course - post to us about your stay please, room pics, view pics, and any magical occurrence - anything to let us live vicariously through your mouse steps.

I hope your trip is magical! Thank you for the offer. I am interested in closing times for the marketplace, Hanna's, pool/lifeguards off duty time - but most of these will change every month - and maybe every day. Any update on the progress of the BC refurb would be great - 4th floor done, 3rd floor started, villas started, etc... Pics of the ceramics activity 'stuff' and pricing. Of course - post to us about your stay please, room pics, view pics, and any magical occurrence - anything to let us live vicariously through your mouse steps.

I discovered that if I open my website MDE account, go to my itinerary for one of the days of my trip, and click on the resort information button for my resort, which is the BC, it lists the hours for all the shops, restaurants, campfire, tennis courts, arcade, marina, etc for both the YC and BC. It doesn't list the pools, though. Hurricane Hannah's is open from 11am to 10pm during my trip. :)

Last edited:
I discovered that if I open my MDE account, go to my itinerary for one of the days of my trip, and click on the resort information button for my resort, which is the BC, it lists the hours for all the shops, restaurants, campfire, tennis courts, arcade, marina, etc for both the YC and BC. It doesn't list the pools, though. Hurricane Hannah's is open from 11am to 10pm during my trip. :)

I found it, not on the app though. Awesome if it is accurate. Thank you very kindly.

If you are looking for a "food court - fast food location" I think you will be disappointed. There is nothing like Cap'n Cooks at the Poly. I think the Beach Club Marketplace meets our needs, but it has way fewer options than cap'n Cooks

I just snuck in to say IN 4 WEEKS TIME EXACTLY WE WILL BE ON THE MAGICAL EXPRESS TO THE YACHT CLUB!!! ONLY 4 WEEKS!!!!! :cool1:

That's all. As you were people, as you were :angel:
Me too!!! We arrive on May 1st. My cousins will be marching in the band before the parade in MK and AK on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Just booked last minute vacation for myself and two of the kids 15-20 April. We are normally Loyal to the Poly but cheaper rate on Travelocity and the fear of Poly renovations pushed us to Beach Club this time. Kids are excited for Stormalong Bay and I am looking forward to finally comparing the two resorts prior to our normal January trip. Anything that is a not to miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter