2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrived last night and were booked at CSR, however we were given some amazing, sparkly, wonderful pixie dust :pixiedust: and were upgraded to Yacht Club! :goodvibes

We have never stayed here or anywhere near here and all of my hours of research were about CSR :laughing: In no way am I complaining, being upgraded is something I did not ask for and honestly never even imagined. :littleangel:

I am working my way through this thread, but since we are already here and busy I haven't gotten very far. I have been referencing the info posts at the beginning of the thread to get a grasp on the surroundings.

Any suggestions or tips for making the most out of YC and BC? Thanks in advance :worship:

Will write more details later (and send a glowing email from home about the CM's). We are so grateful and want to make sure we are informed so we can fully take in this wonderful gift. :love:

Magical!

The first two pages of this thread gives a wonderful overview....then, it's hard to stop reading!

:coffee:

:wave2: MickeyT

Haven't seen you around these parts lately! Have you been busy or something???

For those of you who don't know- Mike's daughter got married this weekend and I wanted to share a couple of pictures he posted on FB, to hopefully put a smile on your face this morning.

We arrived last night and were booked at CSR, however we were given some amazing, sparkly, wonderful pixie dust :pixiedust: and were upgraded to Yacht Club! :goodvibes

We have never stayed here or anywhere near here and all of my hours of research were about CSR :laughing: In no way am I complaining, being upgraded is something I did not ask for and honestly never even imagined. :littleangel:

I am working my way through this thread, but since we are already here and busy I haven't gotten very far. I have been referencing the info posts at the beginning of the thread to get a grasp on the surroundings.

Any suggestions or tips for making the most out of YC and BC? Thanks in advance :worship:

Will write more details later (and send a glowing email from home about the CM's). We are so grateful and want to make sure we are informed so we can fully take in this wonderful gift. :love:

Congratulations and :welcome:

If you have some specific questions, fire away and we will try to help!

:cool1:

Just a couple of suggestions-

Plan on visiting Stormalong Bay pool if the weather cooperates.

EPCOT is so close-by you can pop in whenever you have time.

If you are ordering drinks from the pool bar, we recommend the Sunken Treasure (Midori, Blue Curacao, pineapple juice, oj, rum, sprite)- not on the menu, but most bartenders know how to make one.

Depending on where your room is, locating the "Secret Exit/Entrance", near Room 1065, may be helpful

Yacht Club Secret Entrance/Exit

Facing the Yacht Club, the marina will be on your left and the wedding gazebo to your right.

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

This is the room closest to the entrance to help you find the exit from inside.

daf26e4e.jpg

According to the small sign you can see in the picture, this door has keyed entry during the hours of 11 PM to 7 AM

A little more detail about the YC Secret Entrance

Thanks, pixarmom, for the photos and info!

We are here at the Yacht Club now. It has been a great day!

Glad to hear you have arrived safely and have had a great start!

:woohoo:

Hope your trip continues to be wonderful- wishing you nice weather for the rest of the trip.

Have a blast!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

page 31-33

Off to work- today I am showing students how to milk a fake cow in a program about immigration.

Never a dull moo-ment!

Ironic that you just posted the Link for BOG because I just booked my 2015 trip.

Yacht Club April 26th - May 3rd.

I am at the Yacht Club Nov 9 - 11, 2014 after Kidani too!!! Looking forward to both trips! Novemeber can not come fast enough!!!!!

:woohoo:

I'll put you on this again!

:thumbsup2

Funny, it's been open for about three years, right? I guess I didn't think of that as "new".

Good point! La Hacienda was "new" to us in 2013 because our last family trip to Disney was in 2010 before it had opened.

:goodvibes

Hi there! We are staying in a garden view in 25 days! Does your garden view have a connecting room? We are booked with our parents and requested connecting rooms. Both are garden view. I am wondering where we will be.

I am just way more excited for this trip to WDW than any adult should be. I am practically BURSTING!! I love the anticipation in these last few months. I love having something to look forward to.

:welcome:

I didn't see you on the Be Our Guest list for October, so I will add you. BC or YC?

Hi All, just booked the Beach Club for August 29th-September 6th 2015

It has been my dream to stay at the Beach Club for a long time and finally am :)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

I understand the dream of staying at the Beach Club. I longed to stay at the resort before it even existed. On some of our first visits to Disney, I remember seeing the Swan and Dolphin and thinking how amazing it would be to stay walking distance from my favorite park.

And then the reality became even better when the Beach Club was built!

pixiedust: for dreams fulfilled!

Checking in to say thank you to Dee for this amazing thread! We are booked for Nov 9-13, with a first time stay at Universal following that. I have always wanted to stay at the Beach Club (probably bc of this thread:thumbsup2) and have learned so much from all of you!

Thanks so much for your kind words! I appreciate it!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list next time I update.

We arrive 11th Oct and staying concierge level and happy to report back and take photos if we are lucky enough for it to be open by then.

Thanks so much!!!

:thumbsup2

Well I just completed my resort survey from our one night stay at the Yacht Club earlier this month.

Maybe Teena or someone else knows the answer to this.

Do they actually do anything about these surveys? I am thinking more of the constructive comments and criticism/needs improvement etc.

I did write 3 concerns I had. But of course these are just my own opinions and probably not shared by others.

1. I wish stormalong bay was open until at least midnight in the hot weather
2. I told them I dont like the new Beaches and Cream menu at all and I wish they would bring back some of the old favorites or change it
3. I wish there was some sort of quick grab and go lunch or late night snack option so you wouldnt have to go over to the marketplace.

And on a very happy note, dh has said when are we taking our december trip:). I have to see where his ff mile will take us, but so far its looking like a split stay between the Swan and the Beach Club or Yacht Club. I will let you know when to add us to the Be Our Guest list again!

Teena is away on a cruise this week, but I know she has told us that Disney/the resort General Manager take the responses on the surveys VERY seriously!

::yes::

I posted this somewhere else but I was wondering if anyone else can provide me with their experience doing this at the Yacht or Beach Club. I usually just travel with my husband and this is never an issue we use 1 credit card for the both of us..but my next trip....

We are a party of 5, 4 adults 1 child. It's a girl trip. I was wondering when we check in if instead of using one credit card for all the magic bands. If each one of us can use our own credit card to each of our magic bands. Since we all have different credit cards. I read sometimes this has worked out perfectly and other times all the charges still get meshed together on one bill.

Not sure if we should just pay out of pocket but since you have the magic bands on it's just so much easier that way.

Thank you for any insight.

We are booked 8/27-9/5 at the BC. Sooooooooooooo looking forward to staying here for the first time. It's my dream resort and I finally get to stay here. :goodvibes

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. :). We are in DHS waiting for the Frozen parade. This place is full of everything frozen.

Quick updates: A case of 16 oz bottles of Dasanii water, 24 in a case, sells for &16.99 at the gift shop in the YC. They have an extremely limited selection of cold drinks and snacks there.

It took us 19 minutes to walk from the YC wedding gazebo to the entrance of DHS. We beat the boat by a lot. We couldn't even see a boat coming toward the park.

Hubs & I are booked at YC next year... 9/6-9/12!

Can't wait.. I've stayed at Swan/Dolphin a couple of times now & have had YC on our 'To Do' list for awhile. I couldn't pass up the Free Dining Bounceback offer during my stay at CBR :D

We are here at the Yacht Club now. It has been a great day! We started the day by waking up at 3:30am :scared1: for our 6:30 flight. We landed at 9:43am, a 2 hour and 9 min flight, and got to the YC about 11:20am. The ME stopped at Caribbean Beach and Boardwalk before dropping us off at the YC. We didn't have anyone on our bus going to the BC.

Our garden view room was ready for us at check in. I won't say too much about it yet except that we have a view of the wedding gazebo and the location is perfect. Our room has a king bed, a nice surprise.

We entered the World Showcase around noon, snacking our way around the world. The weather is great, not as hot as we thought it would be. We got about six drops of rain and that was it. We stopped at the Boardwalk for dessert - carrot cake for DH and chocolate ice cream for me, then wimped out and took the boat back to the YC. :rolleyes1

After a short rest, we headed back into the World Showcase for a concert, a Grey Goose slush for me, and a beer flight and Artisan cheese plate for DH. Dinner was at Crews Cup Lounge. I got the short ribs and substituted the risotto for mashed potatoes. Those mashed potatoes were delicious! They must be the same ones that they serve at the Yachtsman. The short ribs didn't have any ribs in them. :confused: It was more like pot roast, except with tender, delicious meat. It was very good.

We were too tired for Fantasmic, or even Illuminations, it has been a long day, after all. So we decided to roast marshmallows at the campfire on the beach and walk around the Boardwalk. We caught the end of the juggling act. What a great way to end the evening. :goodvibes

One thing about our room - it is spotlessly clean. The furniture is outdated and needs replacing, but there is fresh upholstery on the seat of the desk chair. The armchair and ottoman have new upholstery, too. The carpet is in good shape, looks very clean and doesn't have any stains. I think this room has been recently refreshed.

So we did almost everything today that we wanted to do except swimming. It was actually a little too chilly out to go swimming after dinner, or I would have jumped in that almost empty Storm Along Bay. But we have a whole afternoon free tomorrow which will definitely include some time at the pool. :)

What a great first day...it's so nice to read a positive review of the YC for a change :).

Amazing pixie dust...enjoy!!!

:wave2: MickeyT

Haven't seen you around these parts lately! Have you been busy or something???

For those of you who don't know- Mike's daughter got married this weekend and I wanted to share a couple of pictures he posted on FB, to hopefully put a smile on your face this morning.

Congrats Mike...what a beautiful family!

I posted this somewhere else but I was wondering if anyone else can provide me with their experience doing this at the Yacht or Beach Club. I usually just travel with my husband and this is never an issue we use 1 credit card for the both of us..but my next trip....

We are a party of 5, 4 adults 1 child. It's a girl trip. I was wondering when we check in if instead of using one credit card for all the magic bands. If each one of us can use our own credit card to each of our magic bands. Since we all have different credit cards. I read sometimes this has worked out perfectly and other times all the charges still get meshed together on one bill.

Not sure if we should just pay out of pocket but since you have the magic bands on it's just so much easier that way.

Thank you for any insight.

Yes you can. I did this in June, went with 4 of my friends, all in the same room at YC and they were able to hook their cc up to their own MB. It was really convenient, although I would have liked the extra miles on my cc!

I'm not sure how to quote multiple posts from the app, so I want to say thank you for the very helpful information! :-D

I had never been to any of the epcot area resorts, the boardwalk, or even the friendship boats. This is making our stay so much easier for me and I am in love! Told the hubby now that I've stayed here I'm not sure I can stay anywhere else on property :)

I'm not sure how to quote multiple posts from the app, so I want to say thank you for the very helpful information! :-D

I had never been to any of the epcot area resorts, the boardwalk, or even the friendship boats. This is making our stay so much easier for me and I am in love! Told the hubby now that I've stayed here I'm not sure I can stay anywhere else on property :)

I forgot one other thing!!!

If you are still there on Sunday, and you have time, go over to see if you can find Teena the greeter in the Beach Club lobby. She is a frequent contributor to this board and a delightful person. If you have any questions about the Yacht or Beach Club resort, she can answer them or find someone who can.

Hi all!

It's been a while (and many threads!) since I last popped in here. I stayed at BC for my first time this past February during Princess weekend. I am excited to say that this January, I will be staying BCV for Marathon weekend! I was playing around with my dates today and found that check in on Saturday opened up a studio for just about the same price i was ready to pay for WL! I am so excited!! :yay::yay:

I look forward to catching up on this thread and re-familiarizing myself with B&YC and all of you! :)

Hubba, hubba Sue! Thanks for the great report. Tomorrow I will look for you at the pool. Whatever you do do not swat at me like so many other people tend to do! I'm just coming over to say hi and perhaps get a little kiss on the lips. If you hear a fly singing Besame Mucho then you'll know its me. Hopefully, after we get to know each other, you won't mind sharing your maraschino cherry, as they are my favorite.

Your old pal Buzzy is very busy checking out all the offerings at the Food and Wine festival but I would not miss a chance to hang out with you at Stormalong Bay. Perhaps we could run around and check all the chairs to make sure that the chair hogs are not at work doing their devious thievery and Toweling the lounge chairs to prevent good guests like yourself from enjoying the decadent seating.

Having never met you before I can't tell what kind of a party animal you are but if you really want to get the party started you will have to get into the laundry room... because that's where the real party animals hang out at the Yacht and Beach club. best of all there is no cover charge to get in this exclusive, lint filled club. Be sure to bring your detergent and a fruity drink as we get down and dirty with the laundry. Remember, what happens in the laundry room stays in the laundry room, everything else will come out with the wash.

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy :thumbsup2

We looked for you all over SAB and never could find you. :confused3 We circled the lazy river for about an hour and not a buzz did we hear. :sad1:

It wasn't crowded at all at SAB. There were plenty of open chairs, which is always nice. There don't seem to be very many school age kids here right now.

We stopped at the Concierge Desk after pool time and got a fourth fastpass for Fantasmic tonight. Having the concierge desk book that fourth fastpass was a great tip. It pays to hang around the Dis. :thumbsup2

We've been lucky with the weather. It has been humid and cloudy with temps in the low 80's, which is good for September. :)

I've read the whole thread and it is very informative and amazing!!

I've never been to the Epcot resorts so this is all new to me.

I have a few questions:

Do you recommend a night off to just roam the Boardwalk?? We live about 45 minutes from Atlantic City so are used to boardwalks.

What are some must do's on the boardwalk?

What restaurants on the boardwalk do you recommend?

We looked for you all over SAB and never could find you. :confused3 We circled the lazy river for about an hour and not a buzz did we hear. :sad1:

It wasn't crowded at all at SAB. There were plenty of open chairs, which is always nice. There don't seem to be very many school age kids here right now.

We stopped at the Concierge Desk after pool time and got a fourth fastpass for Fantasmic tonight. Having the concierge desk book that fourth fastpass was a great tip. It pays to hang around the Dis. :thumbsup2

We've been lucky with the weather. It has been humid and cloudy with temps in the low 80's, which is good for September. :)

So glad to hear the pool isn't crowded! We will be checking in to the YC tomorrow morning! :) I'm over here at AOA right now, just one night by myself then DH joins tomorrow. I can't wait for F&W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

So glad to hear the pool isn't crowded! We will be checking in to the YC tomorrow morning! :) I'm over here at AOA right now, just one night by myself then DH joins tomorrow. I can't wait for F&W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Checking in tomorrow morning too!! Hoping for a ready room but based off the rack rate on wdw.com, it looks like the resort is pretty full tonight-this weekend! Looking forward to F&W too!!!

Question for all….

Is there anywhere at YC (morning) to redeem a DDP mug? I'd like to get coffee before I head to work for the day but didn't know if there was anywhere at YC to get the mug without having to go to BC. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter