2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
La Hacienda!

OK, you just made me drool a little bit. This is my husband's new favorite Disney restaurant.

Here is the review from my family's dinner there in July 2013.

La Hacienda

If you time your reservation right and are there during Illuminations, it is a really great view from the restaurant.

I think this may be a CS location for lunch, but not sure.

:goodvibes

Funny, it's been open for about three years, right? I guess I didn't think of that as "new".

We are here now and having a great time. We checked in Saturday to a Gardenview room. The CM at check in did a great job searching to find us a room we really wanted. I think it's confusing now that we have room request on our reservation and then completely different room request options with our online check-in. We are overlooking the lake side courtyard. We have a small Juliet balcony but that is fine with us.

A couple days ago I spent the morning in the solarium all by myself drinking coffee. Then came out to the back entrance by the courtyard and sat for quite a while. It was heaven!

We have already been to all four parks and are just about exhausted. LOL. We went to the boardwalk bakery for our first lunch. It was delicious. And we spent our first evening in Epcot then went to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours.

We requested turndown service and have had it every evening except for one. I love that touch! The pool has been great. We ate at the Cape May seafood buffet tonight. Everyone here has been very friendly and helpful.

The last time we were here we stayed club level. This year we used free dining so we did not stay club level. My husband and I both agreed today that we like to stay club level a little better. The dining plan is just too much food. We feel like we are always full. We miss the continental breakfast in the lounge.

Overall it's been such a great stay and we are so glad that we picked the beach club again! I will post pictures when I get back and after I remember how to do that! LOL.

Hi there! We are staying in a garden view in 25 days! Does your garden view have a connecting room? We are booked with our parents and requested connecting rooms. Both are garden view. I am wondering where we will be.

I am just way more excited for this trip to WDW than any adult should be. I am practically BURSTING!! I love the anticipation in these last few months. I love having something to look forward to.

Hi All, just booked the Beach Club for August 29th-September 6th 2015

It has been my dream to stay at the Beach Club for a long time and finally am :)

:cool1:

Thanks Beth!
I'm a impatient devil and if the bus stopped at all of the above at 1AM, I would not be a happy camper!
Good idea to walk over to CR and get a cab :-)

My mom tells me patience is a virtue and I keep telling her it is a virtue I am missing :rotfl:

Couchy said:
My mom tells me patience is a virtue and I keep telling her it is a virtue I am missing :rotfl:

My Mum used to recite this rhyme-
Patience is a virtue,
Possess it if you can,
Seldom in a woman,
NEVER in a man!

Your quote reminded me of this lol
No offense intended to any one reading :) :)

Checking in to say thank you to Dee for this amazing thread! We are booked for Nov 9-13, with a first time stay at Universal following that. I have always wanted to stay at the Beach Club (probably bc of this thread:thumbsup2) and have learned so much from all of you!

Waiting to hear news about the Beach Club Concierge Lounge- I suspect it will be reopening very soon. Very anxious to hear reviews and see pictures

Who will be the first to report about the opening or post photos???

popcorn::

We arrive 11th Oct and staying concierge level and happy to report back and take photos if we are lucky enough for it to be open by then.

Well I just completed my resort survey from our one night stay at the Yacht Club earlier this month.

Maybe Teena or someone else knows the answer to this.

Do they actually do anything about these surveys? I am thinking more of the constructive comments and criticism/needs improvement etc.

I did write 3 concerns I had. But of course these are just my own opinions and probably not shared by others.

1. I wish stormalong bay was open until at least midnight in the hot weather
2. I told them I dont like the new Beaches and Cream menu at all and I wish they would bring back some of the old favorites or change it
3. I wish there was some sort of quick grab and go lunch or late night snack option so you wouldnt have to go over to the marketplace.

And on a very happy note, dh has said when are we taking our december trip:). I have to see where his ff mile will take us, but so far its looking like a split stay between the Swan and the Beach Club or Yacht Club. I will let you know when to add us to the Be Our Guest list again!

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on Page 1. Sounds like you are staying at the Beach Club.

:cool1:

I would estimate 15-20 minutes to get to get to your reservation.

I just timed the walk from the Beach Club lobby to the International Gateway at a leisurely pace. It was 5 minutes.

I would say giving 10-15 minutes to get through bag check, through the turnstiles and walking to Norway is plenty of time.

Be prepared to give your name or reservation number, and they should let you through to your reservation.

:)
Thank you so much for the info!! I am so excited for our upcoming trip! We stayed at BC in 2011 for 2 nights and we fell in love! I have to admit, I stalk this page somewhat often and everyone is so nice and helpful! So many great tips and info!! I will definitely have a copy of our reservation number with us, thanks for the reminder!!

We are here at the Yacht Club now. It has been a great day! We started the day by waking up at 3:30am :scared1: for our 6:30 flight. We landed at 9:43am, a 2 hour and 9 min flight, and got to the YC about 11:20am. The ME stopped at Caribbean Beach and Boardwalk before dropping us off at the YC. We didn't have anyone on our bus going to the BC.

Our garden view room was ready for us at check in. I won't say too much about it yet except that we have a view of the wedding gazebo and the location is perfect. Our room has a king bed, a nice surprise.

We entered the World Showcase around noon, snacking our way around the world. The weather is great, not as hot as we thought it would be. We got about six drops of rain and that was it. We stopped at the Boardwalk for dessert - carrot cake for DH and chocolate ice cream for me, then wimped out and took the boat back to the YC. :rolleyes1

After a short rest, we headed back into the World Showcase for a concert, a Grey Goose slush for me, and a beer flight and Artisan cheese plate for DH. Dinner was at Crews Cup Lounge. I got the short ribs and substituted the risotto for mashed potatoes. Those mashed potatoes were delicious! They must be the same ones that they serve at the Yachtsman. The short ribs didn't have any ribs in them. :confused: It was more like pot roast, except with tender, delicious meat. It was very good.

We were too tired for Fantasmic, or even Illuminations, it has been a long day, after all. So we decided to roast marshmallows at the campfire on the beach and walk around the Boardwalk. We caught the end of the juggling act. What a great way to end the evening. :goodvibes

One thing about our room - it is spotlessly clean. The furniture is outdated and needs replacing, but there is fresh upholstery on the seat of the desk chair. The armchair and ottoman have new upholstery, too. The carpet is in good shape, looks very clean and doesn't have any stains. I think this room has been recently refreshed.

So we did almost everything today that we wanted to do except swimming. It was actually a little too chilly out to go swimming after dinner, or I would have jumped in that almost empty Storm Along Bay. But we have a whole afternoon free tomorrow which will definitely include some time at the pool. :)

Patience is a virtue,
Possess it if you can,
Seldom in a woman,
NEVER in a man!

Your quote reminded me of this lol
No offense intended to any one reading :) :)
:lmao::lmao:
We are here at the Yacht Club now. It has been a great day! We started the day by waking up at 3:30am :scared1: for our 6:30 flight. We landed at 9:43am, a 2 hour and 9 min flight, and got to the YC about 11:20am. The ME stopped at Caribbean Beach and Boardwalk before dropping us off at the YC. We didn't have anyone on our bus going to the BC.

Our garden view room was ready for us at check in. I won't say too much about it yet except that we have a view of the wedding gazebo and the location is perfect. Our room has a king bed, a nice surprise.

We entered the World Showcase around noon, snacking our way around the world. The weather is great, not as hot as we thought it would be. We got about six drops of rain and that was it. We stopped at the Boardwalk for dessert - carrot cake for DH and chocolate ice cream for me, then wimped out and took the boat back to the YC. :rolleyes1

After a short rest, we headed back into the World Showcase for a concert, a Grey Goose slush for me, and a beer flight and Artisan cheese plate for DH. Dinner was at Crews Cup Lounge. I got the short ribs and substituted the risotto for mashed potatoes. Those mashed potatoes were delicious! They must be the same ones that they serve at the Yachtsman. The short ribs didn't have any ribs in them. :confused: It was more like pot roast, except with tender, delicious meat. It was very good.

We were too tired for Fantasmic, or even Illuminations, it has been a long day, after all. So we decided to roast marshmallows at the campfire on the beach and walk around the Boardwalk. We caught the end of the juggling act. What a great way to end the evening. :goodvibes

One thing about our room - it is spotlessly clean. The furniture is outdated and needs replacing, but there is fresh upholstery on the seat of the desk chair. The armchair and ottoman have new upholstery, too. The carpet is in good shape, looks very clean and doesn't have any stains. I think this room has been recently refreshed.

So we did almost everything today that we wanted to do except swimming. It was actually a little too chilly out to go swimming after dinner, or I would have jumped in that almost empty Storm Along Bay. But we have a whole afternoon free tomorrow which will definitely include some time at the pool. :)

sounds like an awesome day ... have fun

We are here at the Yacht Club now. It has been a great day! We started the day by waking up at 3:30am :scared1: for our 6:30 flight. We landed at 9:43am, a 2 hour and 9 min flight, and got to the YC about 11:20am. The ME stopped at Caribbean Beach and Boardwalk before dropping us off at the YC. We didn't have anyone on our bus going to the BC. Our garden view room was ready for us at check in. I won't say too much about it yet except that we have a view of the wedding gazebo and the location is perfect. Our room has a king bed, a nice surprise. We entered the World Showcase around noon, snacking our way around the world. The weather is great, not as hot as we thought it would be. We got about six drops of rain and that was it. We stopped at the Boardwalk for dessert - carrot cake for DH and chocolate ice cream for me, then wimped out and took the boat back to the YC. :rolleyes1 After a short rest, we headed back into the World Showcase for a concert, a Grey Goose slush for me, and a beer flight and Artisan cheese plate for DH. Dinner was at Crews Cup Lounge. I got the short ribs and substituted the risotto for mashed potatoes. Those mashed potatoes were delicious! They must be the same ones that they serve at the Yachtsman. The short ribs didn't have any ribs in them. :confused: It was more like pot roast, except with tender, delicious meat. It was very good. We were too tired for Fantasmic, or even Illuminations, it has been a long day, after all. So we decided to roast marshmallows at the campfire on the beach and walk around the Boardwalk. We caught the end of the juggling act. What a great way to end the evening. :goodvibes One thing about our room - it is spotlessly clean. The furniture is outdated and needs replacing, but there is fresh upholstery on the seat of the desk chair. The armchair and ottoman have new upholstery, too. The carpet is in good shape, looks very clean and doesn't have any stains. I think this room has been recently refreshed. So we did almost everything today that we wanted to do except swimming. It was actually a little too chilly out to go swimming after dinner, or I would have jumped in that almost empty Storm Along Bay. But we have a whole afternoon free tomorrow which will definitely include some time at the pool. :)

Sounds lovely. Enjoy!

:thumbsup2 sounds like a great first day!! We love Crews Cup, especially the burgers, but next time must try the ribs, sounds delicious!
Sounds like it cooled down, we left September 3 and it was blistering hot!

We arrived last night and were booked at CSR, however we were given some amazing, sparkly, wonderful pixie dust :pixiedust: and were upgraded to Yacht Club! :goodvibes

We have never stayed here or anywhere near here and all of my hours of research were about CSR :laughing: In no way am I complaining, being upgraded is something I did not ask for and honestly never even imagined. :littleangel:

I am working my way through this thread, but since we are already here and busy I haven't gotten very far. I have been referencing the info posts at the beginning of the thread to get a grasp on the surroundings.

Any suggestions or tips for making the most out of YC and BC? Thanks in advance :worship:

Will write more details later (and send a glowing email from home about the CM's). We are so grateful and want to make sure we are informed so we can fully take in this wonderful gift. :love:

We are here at the YaguClub now. It has been a great day! We started the day by waking up at 3:30am :scared1: for our 6:30 flight. We landed at 9:43am, a 2 hour and 9 min flight, and got to the YC about 11:20am. The ME stopped at Caribbean Beach and Boardwalk before dropping us off at the YC. We didn't have anyone on our bus going to the BC.

Hubba, hubba Sue! Thanks for the great report. Tomorrow I will look for you at the pool. Whatever you do do not swat at me like so many other people tend to do! I'm just coming over to say hi and perhaps get a little kiss on the lips. If you hear a fly singing Besame Mucho then you'll know its me. Hopefully, after we get to know each other, you won't mind sharing your maraschino cherry, as they are my favorite.

Your old pal Buzzy is very busy checking out all the offerings at the Food and Wine festival but I would not miss a chance to hang out with you at Stormalong Bay. Perhaps we could run around and check all the chairs to make sure that the chair hogs are not at work doing their devious thievery and Toweling the lounge chairs to prevent good guests like yourself from enjoying the decadent seating.

Having never met you before I can't tell what kind of a party animal you are but if you really want to get the party started you will have to get into the laundry room... because that's where the real party animals hang out at the Yacht and Beach club. best of all there is no cover charge to get in this exclusive, lint filled club. Be sure to bring your detergent and a fruity drink as we get down and dirty with the laundry. Remember, what happens in the laundry room stays in the laundry room, everything else will come out with the wash.

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy :thumbsup2

How can you take offense to any that sounds like Mary Poppins even when the are typing! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update Sue!

We arrived last night and were booked at CSR, however we were given some amazing, sparkly, wonderful pixie dust :pixiedust: and were upgraded to Yacht Club! :goodvibes

Any suggestions or tips for making the most out of YC and BC? Thanks in advance :worship:

How long is your stay? Of course all the obvious......ice cream at Beaches and Cream, Boardwalk (entertainment), enjoy Illuminations like never before, sit on the beach in the evenings.

Ah Heck. Just find Wood Nymph and follow her around. She's got this down pat!

Sounds like the most perfect day. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter