• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have officially mentally checked out of work and have become completely useless. I feel bad but I just can't get myself to do anything except think about this trip!

This is me but I still have 3 months to go :lmao:

Luckily, working in the warehouse of a popular toy company means that we're on the eve of busy season so January will be here before I know it! :goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll put you on the Be Our Guest list for 2016. We look forward to getting to know you and answering any questions we can as your trip approaches.

:)

Thanks for the warm welcome! Still getting my head around it all at this point, but I can't wait! It is going to be a loooong year :) :goodvibes

So excited!! just booked a last minute Christmas trip! dec 17-26 at the beach club - water view Club level! we have never stayed at the Beach Club and have never stayed club level. Cant't wait!!!:cool1::cool1:

So excited!! just booked a last minute Christmas trip! dec 17-26 at the beach club - water view Club level! we have never stayed at the Beach Club and have never stayed club level. Cant't wait!!!:cool1::cool1:

So wonderful to stay at WDW over Christmas. I love all the decorations and the Christmas spirit!!! If you want to see Santa Claus, keep Christmas Eve open! Santa always visits the Beach Club lobby on Christmas Eve ... usually 5PM-8 or 9.

I wanted to stay at the BC during our trip (Oct. 5-10th) and a room finally opened up so I decided to splurge. However, the room is a standard room because that is what was available. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to be at the BC but is there an area or floor or some kind of request that *may* get me the best view possible? I often enjoy my coffee in the morning in the room or an evening drink and being able to look out at a beautiful view is important to me if this is possible. Any advice?

I wanted to stay at the BC during our trip (Oct. 5-10th) and a room finally opened up so I decided to splurge. However, the room is a standard room because that is what was available. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to be at the BC but is there an area or floor or some kind of request that *may* get me the best view possible? I often enjoy my coffee in the morning in the room or an evening drink and being able to look out at a beautiful view is important to me if this is possible. Any advice?

Unfortunately all standard views are views of roofs or parking lots. Some of them aren't too bad if you are sitting on the balcony and look "past" the rooftop. I highly suggest talking to the CM at check-in and asking them if you can pay for an upgrade to a garden or water view. That way they won't think you are asking for a free upgrade. Keep in mind, the garden view can be a view of dense woods but also can be a garden courtyard view. A water view is much more expensive but is always a nice view.

Half the rooms only have standing balconies ... so if a full balcony is important, please note that on your reservation. Requesting a full balcony is only a request and never guaranteed.

I would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" list. I am going from July 6-20 and staying at the Beach Club Resort.

I have updated the Be Our Guest list through this mornings posts. Please take a moment to look it over to make sure your information is listed correctly.

Thanks!

It looks like BC for us, 11/01/14-11/05/14.

Really looking forward to F&W!

page 43-44

I am not on there. BC may 25-30

I'll take care of that!

:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be OUr Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

:cool1:

I would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" list. I am going from July 6-20 and staying at the Beach Club Resort.

:welcome: to this forum and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

It looks like BC for us, 11/01/14-11/05/14.

Really looking forward to F&W!

Got it!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Not been on much lately been really busy, but getting excited for my trip in less than a month. Not staying at Yacht or Beach club this trip but I will be visiting at least once or twice. Going to dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Plus my visit to walk around the lake and see the hotels all around (cheat on my diet and stop at the Boardwalk bakery) and generally speaking wet my appetite for staying at the Beach club next April!

Unfortunately all standard views are views of roofs or parking lots. Some of them aren't too bad if you are sitting on the balcony and look "past" the rooftop. I highly suggest talking to the CM at check-in and asking them if you can pay for an upgrade to a garden or water view. That way they won't think you are asking for a free upgrade. Keep in mind, the garden view can be a view of dense woods but also can be a garden courtyard view. A water view is much more expensive but is always a nice view.

Half the rooms only have standing balconies ... so if a full balcony is important, please note that on your reservation. Requesting a full balcony is only a request and never guaranteed.

Thanks for the advice Teena. I did book with an AP discount so I guess that limits availability but it is certainly worth asking if one has opened up. I haven't made any requests yet so I probably will make one with regards to the balcony.

Leaving first thing in the (extremely early) morning. Can't wait to be at stormalong bay!! Maybe I will even take a chance on those sunken treasures ::yes::

Trying to choose between BC or YC for our family's annual late August "magical" trip. Any chance YC will have their rooms refurbed by then? It would be nice to have a refurbed room and we are worried to try BC as we do like full balconies.

Trying to choose between BC or YC for our family's annual late August "magical" trip. Any chance YC will have their rooms refurbed by then? It would be nice to have a refurbed room and we are worried to try BC as we do like full balconies.

No YC will not even be started by August 2015 from what I hear.

We are staying BC the last week of Jan. Any chance the rooms will be refurb end by then? Should I request a refurbished room?

TIA

We are staying BC the last week of Jan. Any chance the rooms will be refurb end by then? Should I request a refurbished room?

TIA

Since the rehab work on the BC rooms has not even been started yet (sometime in the next week or so) I wouldn't even want to venture a guess as to how far along the work will be by then.

My best advice to you is to stay tuned to this forum as your trip is approaching. Once we have an idea of the progress of the work, then you can decide if you want to request a remodeled room. You should be fine putting in your request a few weeks before your trip. No reason to really get it in any earlier.

:)

It's never too early to start planning and dreaming, right? And I am sooooo excited even though I don't go until the end of April! It's my first time at the YC, and I have read in a couple of places that "nearly all" of the rooms have full balconies, and that some of them are shared. Is this true? If so, does that mean I would still have to put a request in for a full private balcony? I have booked a GV. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter