2014 15 prices

October 2014 Bride

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else noticed that on the Disney Weddings page the minimum prices have gone up for 2014? Minimum prices for food and beverage have gone up by $25 and the wedding pavilion is now $4000. Plus a few more changes. I'm starting to freak out because I'm due to book my wedding on Tuesday and these prices are so much higher than what we had planned for and our wedding planner had quoted. Were looking at at least $2000 more than we had budgeted for. Anyone know more about this? I'm due to get married October 2014.

Thanks.

I hear they've also doubled the deposit from $2K to $4K.

Have you got the passporters wedding book? If you have the ebook it updates with new info and you can download if for free. I'm sure that will have all the latest info.

Thanks Claire I do have the book and I checked on there and it still has the old prices so not sure if they have started yet or not or how they go about introducing new prices?

My daughter's wedding is April 2014---glad we got locked in. That is a big jump for the WP!!! wow!

Someone else I know who's wedding is next year and who had not signed yet has been given the old pricing, the new pricing is for 2015 and 2014 if you hadn't yet contacted Disney so you might be ok, she signed yesterday and def got the old prices.

I just received my contract this past Thursday and mailed it back on Friday. The deposit was still only $2000 and they listed the Wedding Pavillion at $3300 and my food minimum at $100 (10:00 am ceremony with reception from 11-3PM)

If I'm not mistaken, it looks as if there is no 12k+ minimum anymore...it seems like they added the enhancement in place of the overall minimum and then raised the venue fees ...and then you have the food a beverage minimum on top of that which in turn makes the total expense much greater than before. This is a huge game changer for some and on Disney's part too. :/ I just wonder how this is all going to pan out...yikes.

Also, the $4000 deposit is definitely a huge difference...I'm wondering why they doubled that. I am glad we got locked in, but I do hope that the changes work out for future couples.

I'm definitely about to be priced out of Disney. :( The enhancement fee minimum doesn't include food and beverage, so with food and bev, ceremony fee and enhancements, the minimum for me (60 guests, brunch) is about $19,000. And that doesn't include photo/video because I planned to use outside vendors for those.

MizMeaghan; were in the same boat :worried: I can't believe that the food and beverage prices made such a huge jump for next year, since they had made the same huge jump last year.

Does anybody have thoughts on where they come up with the amount for the ceremony venue fee? I've always just considered it the "room rental" for such a great venue provided by Disney coupled with the Disney coordination services. Seemed reasonable at $2000, but planning on getting married at the croquet lawn, we'll now be paying $3500 for a big grassy area, on which they cant control landscapers working very close to your ceremony :( laws of supply and demand I guess.

I'm starting to freak out because I'm due to book my wedding on Tuesday and these prices are so much higher than what we had planned for and our wedding planner had quoted. Were looking at at least $2000 more than we had budgeted for. Anyone know more about this? I'm due to get married October 2014.

If you are already working with a sales consultant, you will fall under the old minimum structure.

Thanks Claire I do have the book and I checked on there and it still has the old prices so not sure if they have started yet or not or how they go about introducing new prices?

Expect to see a new version of the book soon. Disney has yet to hammer out a few of the details, so I want to be sure I have all the correct info when I publish. :thumbsup2

Does anybody have thoughts on where they come up with the amount for the ceremony venue fee?

It appears that Disney worked backward from a minimum amount they want people to spend and then adjusted prices accordingly to make that happen. For example, it is still possible to have a wedding for $11,000 before tax and service charge (which falls between the $12,000 and $10,000 low minimums of the past few years) if you meet all the cheapest criteria and have the lowest number of people.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks as if there is no 12k+ minimum anymore...it seems like they added the enhancement in place of the overall minimum and then raised the venue fees ...and then you have the food a beverage minimum on top of that which in turn makes the total expense much greater than before. This is a huge game changer for some and on Disney's part too. :/ I just wonder how this is all going to pan out...yikes.

Also, the $4000 deposit is definitely a huge difference...I'm wondering why they doubled that. I am glad we got locked in, but I do hope that the changes work out for future couples.

The $12K is still there and you can still stick to that if you don't have many guests, but if you have a lot of guests this will make a huge difference.

I get revamping everything and raising food & beverage minimums but wow was I shocked about how much ceremony venues went up!!! That $700 for the wedding pavilion is a big jump, and the jump for Epcot ceremonies is even crazier, isn't it??

Just heard back from my wedding planner and as Carrie says as we've already started discussing our wedding with our planner we come under the old prices. I am so relieved. Although I feel really bad for the brides that haven't as that is a huge leap in costs and I don't think we would have been able to afford that.

Fingers crossed I get the date and locations I want. Once confirmed I will start a planning journal as I have found everyone elses so useful.

I wonder how this changes things for brides getting married at a church or other off property location with just the reception at Disney. Obviously they do not have the ceremony fee, but will they still have to meet the 12k overall, or will it be just food and beverage + the enhancement minimum for the day they are looking at.

I wonder how this changes things for brides getting married at a church or other off property location with just the reception at Disney. Obviously they do not have the ceremony fee, but will they still have to meet the 12k overall, or will it be just food and beverage + the enhancement minimum for the day they are looking at.

I suspect you would just be subject to the enhancement fee and the food and beverage minimum. There no longer is an overall minimum.

I think Disney have priced us out of a Wishes wedding. Unless we have a brunch reception. :( And even then it may price us out.

I think Disney have priced us out of a Wishes wedding. Unless we have a brunch reception. :( And even then it may price us out.

You and me both. We're still trying to decide what we're going to do, since the options are move it to a Monday-Wednesday period (which means friends who are CPAs are unlikely to make it) or switch to an Escape package, which isn't really what we want.

I guess if we move the date, we can always try for St. Patrick's day. :headache:

I just want to verify something. I've been talking with Pam, the Senior Wedding Consultant, and she has me penciled in since I can't book 'til February (we are doing an Escape Wedding). Will I be given the new prices or will I be given the old prices because I have already talked to someone? Is this only affecting those who are doing the whole shebang? We are just doing a ceremony. Thanks! I'm really confused about this whole new pricing thing.

I just want to verify something. I've been talking with Pam, the Senior Wedding Consultant, and she has me penciled in since I can't book 'til February (we are doing an Escape Wedding). Will I be given the new prices or will I be given the old prices because I have already talked to someone? Is this only affecting those who are doing the whole shebang? We are just doing a ceremony. Thanks! I'm really confused about this whole new pricing thing.

Escape has its own pricing and does not appear to have changed. The big overhaul has been for wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter