2013 fall wonder and magic are out!

They are required to home port in Port Canaveral for a while, I don't remember the exact # of years but I'm sure someone does.

Great. Thanks for the answer. So there is hope that we can see some of the big ships someday.

NCL just posted Kids Sail Free. The Vancouver to LA repo, with stops in Astoria and San Fran, is $559 for balcony, or $659 for a suite. Wow, my vacation dollars will go a long way with another line. Being Disneyland passholders, I can get my Disney fix in the parks.

I doubt the new ships fit through the canal since the older ships barely do... they sized them right out of the pacific! :headache:

AquaDame said:
I doubt the new ships fit through the canal since the older ships barely do... they sized them right out of the pacific! :headache:

The new ships will fit once the canal expansion is done.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The new ships will fit once the canal expansion is done.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The Canal expansion is so far behind it's a joke. Meanwhile, last time I checked, Galveston isn't on the Pacific Coast.

If DCL really really wanted the Dream or Fantasy on the west coast (after their commitment to Port Canaveral is finished) they could sail around South America. Except the longer cruises don't sell that well.

Stupid question, I thought that when I first read about them building the Dream, it was supposed to be big enough to just fit through the canal as it was then. From the discussion, it sounds like this isn't the case?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter