2012 rates will be released very shortly!

Oooo... I am so excited to book! Will the Fantasy only be doing the eastern carribean or will it have an alternating itinerary? I know it is all "unknown" but you guys are the best at this!:goodvibes

Is a 10C the lowest category with a split bathroom? Would it be better than the 11B category I asked for on the Dream for a family of 4 with 2 small kids?

Curious about your category question as well.

Something to keep in mind; last year when the 2011 dates were released they first released them for the Magic and Wonder. The dates for the Dream were not released until a few weeks later.
Wondering if they will follow the same trend and only release for the Magic/Wonder/Dream first and then the Fantasy a few weeks later?

Its a possibility, though with how low key the Fantasy is compared to the Dream, I wouldnt be surprised if they threw the Fantasy in with the other ships. Especially since the port websites are showing the Fantasy doing 7 day alternating, though on a different day then the Magic has been.

Something to keep in mind; last year when the 2011 dates were released they first released them for the Magic and Wonder. The dates for the Dream were not released until a few weeks later.
Wondering if they will follow the same trend and only release for the Magic/Wonder/Dream first and then the Fantasy a few weeks later?

I was just thinking the same thing but I was not sure if I remembered it correctly. Apparently I did. Does anybody remember exactly how long the delay in releasing the Dream dates was after the Magic/Wonder dates had been released? Was it perhaps because they did not have the Dream schedule completely locked down, IE wanted to make sure they were going to be on schedule with her delivery?

I was just thinking the same thing but I was not sure if I remembered it correctly. Apparently I did. Does anybody remember exactly how long the delay in releasing the Dream dates was after the Magic/Wonder dates had been released? Was it perhaps because they did not have the Dream schedule completely locked down, IE wanted to make sure they were going to be on schedule with her delivery?

The Magic and Wonder itineraries were announced in September (before 9/19). I booked the Dream as soon as I was able, and that was in November. I'm not sure how much earlier the Dream itineraries were announced, but I think it was also November.

OOOOOhhh.... I soo hope this is true... Me and DF are waiting impaintently to book our 2012 honeymoon on a B2B:goodvibes Please keep the DIS updated on whhat the date is... If I want to call and book what is the number? And what time do they open? Thanks sooo much!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I am gold. If the Wonder goes to Hawaii and I am able to work it into my schedule, I will be on that ship. Perhaps I will even attach a alaska sailing on the end. Wonder if there will be enough for me stay another 28 days?:thumbsup2

Question for all of you who were watching last year when iteneraries came open. When they released the Dream dates, was the information about the Dream ship already up on DCL's site? :confused3 I am just wondering because there is still nothing on there about the Fantasy and I would imagine they would want some info up about it before they opened bookings for it. Which makes me think that a lot of you are correct in saying that Fantasy bookings might be released at a later date. :thumbsup2

I agree with JillJill on this. I think they also held off opening up bookings for the Dream last year as it was just in the beginning of the building and I think that in order for them to make sure that the ship will be on time, they held off until they could choose an accurate inaugural sailing date. (At least this is what I understood from my friend whose husband is an engineer for DCL and has been in Germany with the Dream since March 2010)

Normally, the 3 and 4-night cruises require a $200/pp deposit, and 7-night cruises are $250/pp. The Alaska cruise deposits were $600/pp ( I think) :scared1: as were the longer Med and Transatlantic cruises. Unless you're a Platinum CC member, you'll probably have to wait a few weeks until after the first wave of people get to book.

YIKES!! :scared1: I've been planning to book an Alaskan cruise for Aug 2012 for DD, DM and myself, and had expected to need approx. a $600 deposit (based on my first and only cruise in 2006...lol). How am I going to come up with another $1200 in two weeks?? Thanks for the heads up!

YIKES!! :scared1: I've been planning to book an Alaskan cruise for Aug 2012 for DD, DM and myself, and had expected to need approx. a $600 deposit (based on my first and only cruise in 2006...lol). How am I going to come up with another $1200 in two weeks?? Thanks for the heads up!

Just today it's been reported that they're starting a new deposit system! 20% of the cruise fare for new bookings (10% for rebooking onboard which would be like the current 1/2 deposit structure).

Here's the other thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2569870

So when I book I now have to put in a bigger deposit? :eek:

Not necessarily. I looked up all the cruises I have and in most cases the deposit was less. It's really the longer itineraries/higher catagory cabins that might see the difference.

(My 2 day cruise for 4 people was a $400 deposit...on the new system it would have only been $257!!)

So when I book I now have to put in a bigger deposit? :eek:
The new deposit requirements are for new bookings. Since you would be changing from one cruise to another, you'd probably pay whatever deposit would've been required under the old system.

Was just told by my TA that new itineraries would be out on the 11th/12th with booking on the 18th/19th . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter