2012? Do you believe it?

It was also supposed to end in 2000

Nope, they just thought all technology and any records kept through electronics would be lost since they were only programmed through dates in 1999. My step-mom's top bosses were all working on New Year's Eve 1999 prepared for the crash.

I don't really know what to believe. All sigs and past predictions the Mayans have made point to them being correct again, but I've not lived for any of those previous predictions so I'm skeptical.

Nope, they just thought all technology and any records kept through electronics would be lost since they were only programmed through dates in 1999. My step-mom's top bosses were all working on New Year's Eve 1999 prepared for the crash.
I don't really know what to believe. All sigs and past predictions the Mayans have made point to them being correct again, but I've not lived for any of those previous predictions so I'm skeptical.

But because of the whole computer problems, everyone thought it was going to end. Or atleast over here they did :confused3

No. Only god can tell if tell if the world wit end because he is the one who creates it. Besides, 2012 is so soon. I'm still young and i want to enjoy more of my life. :rotfl:

i think this is all a bunch of crap. i mean come on? plus as other people havesaid i am too young to die, and i wanna get my job as a disney imagineer be4 i die.

The Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, their calender just ended on December 12th, 2012. For all we know, they could've just gotten bored and stopped. Lol.

So no. I' don't think it's true.

that is true, alot of people believe that is just means the calender starts again...or something like that (I can't remember the exact details but it did make sense to me haha)....though I'm sure the film will create a veil to it all, though looking at the trailers it just looked like another The Day After Tomorrow-Doomsday type film :rolleyes:

I'm seriously afraid of this! I have been ever since I visited the Mayan ruins on a cruise and the guide told us all this.

That's so funny, on my cruise that ended last week, we went to the ruins & the guide was telling us about their calender! But then he was like, they've been wrong hundreds of times so I wouldn't be worried :) Haha.

The Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, their calender just ended on December 12th, 2012. For all we know, they could've just gotten bored and stopped. Lol.

That's what I always say lol.

And, not to bring religion into this, but, The main reason i don't believe this is because of that. my beliefs. i'm christian therefore i don't believe the world will end until Jesus comes back to earth. and i know that whatever happens my god will save me. and that's as far as i'm going.

Amen. I believe the exact same thing.

Wasn't it the Mayans who believed that the world had been destroyed and re-born four times already?

Or was that another civilization?

i don't believe in the world ending on 2012 but i believe in the world ending

and i saw the movie.... eh. :/ i didn't think it was that great

i dont believe it. people are always trying to predict the end of the world. and failing...

my friend was telling me about this recently. apparently they are building a shelter and holding a lottery for places in the shelter. the people in there will survive and create a new world order. apparently. i think its bull.

I'm pretty convinced they all died out and that's why their calendar ended on Dec. 21st 2012.

Meh. I really don't care either way.

If the world's going to end, it's going to end. Nothing we can do about it. No point in worrying about it. Let's just have fun while the world does exist, instead of wasting time worrying about if or when it won't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter