• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Dining Plan Prices and Brochure (BROCHURE REVISED 4/25/12)

I'm very excited to see the new additions to the DDP, especially T-Rex and the Rainforest Cafe, which we all enjoy.

It also lists House of Blues as now being included--anyone know if that means the Gospel Brunch is included? That would be fabulous!

It states the when making food purchases, you need to specify the age of the person it is being purchased for. Does this mean that when you order a popcorn, for example, the child size will be smaller for kids vs adults?

Yikes. Other than the convenience factor, I'm not seeing an advantage here. I visit Disney every year, sometimes with my family, sometimes not. I certainly will purchase the mug. However, the current price for the dining plan is, in my opinion, too much. I like to eat at Coral Reef and Ohana, but even doing that, with a few similar places and a quick meal or two, I'm not coming up with $53, considering that I have to cough up the tip and appetizer. Come on, Disney.

It states the when making food purchases, you need to specify the age of the person it is being purchased for. Does this mean that when you order a popcorn, for example, the child size will be smaller for kids vs adults?

I've used the dining plan five times and I have never been asked about ages when making purchases. I wonder if they include that language to allow CMs to ask that question if there is any confusion about the application of the meal and snack credits.

In your example of ordering popcorn, there would not be any difference in size (for the size of popcorn that you can get with a snack credit). You could use any of your snack credits, adult or child, for the popcorn.

Here is what it actually says:

Present your Key to the World card to the server or cashier at the
time a meal or snack is purchased and specify the number of
meals or snacks being redeemed for Guests ages 10+ on your
Disney Dining Plan and the number of meals or snacks being
redeemed for Guests ages 3-9 on your Disney Dining Plan.

It sounds like they want to make sure that you are ordering from the children's menu if you have kids 3-9. But sometimes that's not applicable, as with snacks. As far as I know there is no child portion for snacks, although it does say to do this when purchasing snacks.

This phrase also appeared on the 2011 brochure, so it's not new.

need some information.
we book are trip with AAA and got the meal plan for 4 adults for 5 days
staying at the Polynesian Resort planing on doing the Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show. Called to make reservations and they want to charges us 280 bucks.
what's the deal with that?

NEWBIE POST be gentle- I booked air and hotel seperately (hotel through disney) and am getting tix from UT so I cannot get the dining plan is that correct?

NEWBIE POST be gentle- I booked air and hotel seperately (hotel through disney) and am getting tix from UT so I cannot get the dining plan is that correct?

Yes, correct.

DDP is a package add on. You can't get it unless you book a package reservation. DVC members booking through member services excepted.

need some information.
we book are trip with AAA and got the meal plan for 4 adults for 5 days
staying at the Polynesian Resort planing on doing the Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show. Called to make reservations and they want to charges us 280 bucks.
what's the deal with that?

Call again. Have your room reservation number available. Get it from aaa. Make it clear that you will be using the dining plan to pay.

Remember if you are staying 5 days 4 nights you will get credits based on 4 nights, and SOA costs 2 credits per person.

We'll probably book a value resort this time instead of moderate as we did on our last trip. With that in mind, it is my understanding that free dining 4 value resorts is the QS plan. Does anyone know if the upgrade prices are the same as last year? Would like to bump up one notch.

The bump up cost has gone up as well since the DDP cost has gone up. Look at the first post and subtract QS from DDP. I am considering increasing to Dlx DP from QS, but can't decide if I am crazy!

There is a separate sticky thread with all upgrade costs. No, they are not the same as 2011' as prices on the regular and deluxe plans have risen.

Does anyone know if the Boardwalk Pizza window is covered by the quick service credit? And if yes, what is covered?

Does anyone know if the Boardwalk Pizza window is covered by the quick service credit? And if yes, what is covered?

This may help - here's a photo from late November of the Boardwalk Pizza menu, by Josh from easywdw:

isase058.jpg

You can see the DDP logo next to almost all the items except the cocktails.

I've never used the dining plan here, so these are pure guesses: I would guess the slices are probably snack credits -- good ones if I am right. But the snack thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2805155) suggests asking before ordering the slices to see if those are snack or quick service credits. The full pizzas...I bet those require two credits of some kind for those prices. Not sure though.

Here's the full easywdw report:
http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...tmas-decorations-and-a-look-around/#more-6208

No snack credits for pizza slices. It's a CS meal, with a drink and dessert (2 desserts are listed). Per reports it is 2 CS credits for a whole pizza, plus 2 drinks and 2 desserts.

No snack credits for pizza slices. It's a CS meal, with a drink and dessert (2 desserts are listed). Per reports it is 2 CS credits for a whole pizza, plus 2 drinks and 2 desserts.

That's a pretty good deal. I am sure a whole pie would feed two of my family. AT LEAST I HOPE SO;)

Hello, everyone!

Just a quick question for 2012. In the past the Hoop Dee Doo would be 1 TS credit for the last show of the night (9pm?). Is that still valid?

Thank you in advance!

Kelly

Hello, everyone!

Just a quick question for 2012. In the past the Hoop Dee Doo would be 1 TS credit for the last show of the night (9pm?). Is that still valid?

Thank you in advance!

Kelly

Actually to my knowledge, since the current dining plan was released in 2005, Hoop de Doo has always been 2 credits for every show.

What you can do for the last show is book Category 1 seating on the DDP, which you can't do for the earlier shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter