2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you had an amazing few days. You ended up in one of the rooms that we watched the reflection of Illuminations on the windows lol.

Love those bunnies out by the Gazebo, we usually saw 4 on a night. On our wedding day, we were trying to step around the bunny poo when we were cutting the cake and have the champagne toast!

That is too funny about the bunny poo :rotfl2: :rotfl2: One afternoon we saw 7 bunnies out there so I can only imagine what they leave behind ;)

babyberger, I enjoyed your review. Sounds like a great short stay. Lucky you to live so close!

Sometimes I wish we didnt live so close so that we would take a "real" vacation to Disney, but I will take the long weekend trips for sure ::yes::

I am really happy to read your report. It looks like you had the same room we had our first trip to the YC which made us true believers in the "dark side". That gazebo view is great and the lagoon view is just an added benefit. Too bad you didn't gat a wedding to watch. Bet your son would have enjoyed it. Many happy returns.

The location and view was really perfect! DH has no interest in BC so it looks like we will be sticking with the "dark side" seems to fit us better :thumbsup2

Melissa, thanks so much for the report! Our boys said it was hard to leave the Wonder last month, but just a little bit easier knowing we'll be back at WDW in October. It's great to be able to keep away the tears with reminders of the next trip! :)

They did quickly get over it once we got home and right back into the swing of reality, but I do think having another trip (well trips) planned definitely helps to ease the pain :banana:

Thanks for all the good wishes. I'll send pics to Dee when we get to the Port tomorrow and then again next Saturday AM when we arrive back on US soil. No international charges for me!!

Have a fabulous time! Cant wait to see your pictures!

We are here! Arrived yesterday morning. Room wasn't ready so we went to AK for awhile, came back about 2:15, room still not ready..no water due to valve issue. Family was tired and cranky so we hung out in the lounge until it was ready. DH and DS4 both had naps which helped some. ;)

Captains Grille for dinner, which was excellent. Our waiter was Alfredo and he was fantastic.

Have probably seen at least 4 families from our flight staying here at BC including lady who sat in front of DH who is also staying CL.

Heading to EP today....DS4 wanted to go last night but it was pouring. Soarin up first for him!

Have a great time today!!! Soarin is always our first stop as well :)

So it's been a week since our stay at the BC. And although I truly loved the resort and our room, with 2 kids, I think we'll stick to the monorail resorts. Maybe try CR next time or depending on the refurb schedule at Poly....they're certainly not as chatty though over on those forums... :-)

Less than a week before I arrive at BCV!!!! I'm so excited! I've been more focused on the race (Tower of Terror 10 miler) than my stay at BC so I haven't been here as much as I should. ;)

Question: The race starts at 10pm so I think I need to have a good, late breakfast on race day. Cape May has no availability. I was thinking about the brunch at Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin (we had a lovely brunch there in June before our cruise) but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I want an easy today so I prefer something within walking distance of BC. I have an AP and TIW card so I can go in a park or in a Boardwalk-area resort.

Thanks!
Amanda

PS Have a great cruise Teena and I'll see you next weekend!!!

DrMomof3 said:
I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I want an easy today so I prefer something within walking distance of BC. I have an AP and TIW card so I can go in a park or in a Boardwalk-area resort.

Thanks!
Amanda

I have never been, but have heard good things about breakfast at Kouzzina over at BW, if you are interested in a sit down breakfast. Captain's Grill over at YC has a nice breakfast too. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

DrMomof3 said:
Less than a week before I arrive at BCV!!!! I'm so excited! I've been more focused on the race (Tower of Terror 10 miler) than my stay at BC so I haven't been here as much as I should. ;)

Question: The race starts at 10pm so I think I need to have a good, late breakfast on race day. Cape May has no availability. I was thinking about the brunch at Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin (we had a lovely brunch there in June before our cruise) but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I want an easy today so I prefer something within walking distance of BC. I have an AP and TIW card so I can go in a park or in a Boardwalk-area resort.

Thanks!
Amanda

DannysMom said:
I have never been, but have heard good things about breakfast at Kouzzina over at BW, if you are interested in a sit down breakfast. Captain's Grill over at YC has a nice breakfast too. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

We had breakfast had Captains Grille and it was excellent! They have a buffet as well as an a la carte menu. Can't get much closer to the BC ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi everyone :wave2:. I've been lurking for awhile abosorbing what everyone has to say about Beach Club. In March we stayed at Boardwalk and this March I booked for Beach Club. I love BW, but the pool at BC looks awesome so we want to give it try. We are going March 21 - 30.

I went to book some ADR's this morning and it would not let me pick the Cape May character breakfast. It has it being booked already for every morning of our trip. I did find out from a CM when I booked our trip that there were not ANY standard rooms available so we had to take a water view. Are there conferences there over that 2 week period that would take all of the character breakfasts? Thanks.

So it's been a week since our stay at the BC. And although I truly loved the resort and our room, with 2 kids, I think we'll stick to the monorail resorts. Maybe try CR next time or depending on the refurb schedule at Poly....they're certainly not as chatty though over on those forums... :-)

I grew up staying at CR & Poly (only hotels back then) and ended up buying DVC at BLT. I love the monorail resorts! I also love BC & BCV! Best of both worlds! I agree this board is very chatty & friendly! If you have any questions about CR or Poly, feel free to ask me.

Amanda, so excited for you! And Mickey T., a big belated thank you for the marathon advice. (I remember telling Dee I appreciated your advice as we were leaving for the cruise last month, but I needed to remember to post it here!) The cross country season is underway for our middle son, and I think that no matter how much we train, we aren't going to be able to keep up with our teenage son in the ToT 10 in 2013 or the 1/2 marathon in 2014! I'm not a big breakfast fan, but my favorites are either not available (Cape May) or not very convenient (Ohana and Tusker!) Let us know what you decide and how it turns out. :)

I grew up staying at CR & Poly (only hotels back then) and ended up buying DVC at BLT. I love the monorail resorts! I also love BC & BCV! Best of both worlds! I agree this board is very chatty & friendly! If you have any questions about CR or Poly, feel free to ask me.

As you can see from my signature, we're fans of both too and are starting to book split stays every time! I grew up staying at Poly, but our first CR stay is coming up in a couple weeks. Any thoughts on CL there?

As you can see from my signature, we're fans of both too and are starting to book split stays every time! I grew up staying at Poly, but our first CR stay is coming up in a couple weeks. Any thoughts on CL there?

I stayed CR CL last October. Had booked Atrium Club but got bumped up to Tower Club on arrival. The CMs were amazing! A couple of things that stood out to me. We asked one CM if she could call and see if there was any way to move our dinner at Citricos back an hour or two. I figured there was no way, but the CM wasn't going to take no for an answer. So she called the dining general manager at GF and had her move our ADR. I was very impressed by the effort. Another lovely moment was when we were going to have friends of ours come watch Hallowishes from our TPV balcony. We went to the lounge to get some snacks and drinks for our friends and their kids. And the CMs insisted our friends come to the lounge to pick out what they wanted and set up a lovely table on the lounge balcony for us to watch the fireworks. I came away very impressed by CR on that trip. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone :wave2:. I've been lurking for awhile abosorbing what everyone has to say about Beach Club. In March we stayed at Boardwalk and this March I booked for Beach Club. I love BW, but the pool at BC looks awesome so we want to give it try. We are going March 21 - 30.

I went to book some ADR's this morning and it would not let me pick the Cape May character breakfast. It has it being booked already for every morning of our trip. I did find out from a CM when I booked our trip that there were not ANY standard rooms available so we had to take a water view. Are there conferences there over that 2 week period that would take all of the character breakfasts? Thanks.

I think you are a few days too early to make ADRs for most of the days you are there - you're over 180 days still for most of your vacation. So it would show no availability for those days (not loaded yet).

That being said - you are going during probably one of the most crowded weeks at WDW. Easter is your first Sunday there and then Passover starts that Monday. This double occurrence will mean that a large number of school districts will have spring break that same week (usually schools have to choose to align vacation with one holiday or the other). This is probably the reason for standard BC rooms being sold out.

I agree with Missyrose, the CL CM's at CR are fantastic!
We enjoy the daily food offerings. We have breakfast in the lounge every morning except when we have ADR's. We enjoy all the snacks & drinks. The CL CM's told us to feel free to take stuff back to our room and the pool. They are very kind to our children and make us feel welcome.
Sometimes we stay MKV & watch fireworks from our balcony/room.
If we are staying LV, we watch fireworks from the lounge.
Have a wonderful time!

Pixarmom, I haven't been on the thread much (trip is too far off and it's making me sad!!!) but if you are running the TOT in 2013 I'll see you there I hope!

Thanks for all the good wishes. I'll send pics to Dee when we get to the Port tomorrow and then again next Saturday AM when we arrive back on US soil. No international charges for me!!

Teena, it was so awesome meeting you and talking with you last month at the Beach Club :wave2: I really enjoyed getting to see you in person :goodvibes Hope you have a marvelous, magical cruise pixiedust:

Trying to get all caught up on everyones posts and updating the Be Our Guest List.

Could everyone take a moment to see if your information is listed correctly. Please let me know if I need to make any changes.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

Hello

My trip with family will be 11/22 -11/27. 3 generations, 4 rooms and counting at BC. I may be staying a couple of extra days to relax after being with family :rolleyes1 but will be moving to a moderate for that.

Hi everyone. I'm trying to help out a friend who is there now. They ate lunch poolside, ordered hamburger, 2 chicken sandwiches, PBJ, sushi and 5 drinks and it came to $90. They are wondering if they should have did the QS dining plan, figuring they will be spending $180 day. Could they have done better if they went into the Beachclub Marketplace? Why would this have been so much? I haven't been in touch with them for a while, so I'm not sure if this was brought poolside by a waitress or not. Maybe when the waitress delivers it it wouldn't have qualified for QS anyway??

I think you are a few days too early to make ADRs for most of the days you are there - you're over 180 days still for most of your vacation. So it would show no availability for those days (not loaded yet).

That being said - you are going during probably one of the most crowded weeks at WDW. Easter is your first Sunday there and then Passover starts that Monday. This double occurrence will mean that a large number of school districts will have spring break that same week (usually schools have to choose to align vacation with one holiday or the other). This is probably the reason for standard BC rooms being sold out.

Actually today was my 180 so I was able to and did book ADR's for my other days (180 days today and since I already booked a package I could book the next 10 days). We are there March 21st - 30th. We leave the day before Easter. We typically go the week before Easter and I don't mind it being busy. Crowds don't bother me and we do a lot of pre-planning before we go so we get our must do's done.

I got all the ADR's and times I wanted expect Cape May for breakfast. Not available at all from the 21st - 30th. Are there different booking rules for resort restaurants? :confused3 I know the refurb was this past summer, but is there a way to know if a conference is going on? Maybe they took all of the morning character breakfasts for the attendees?

I just checked the noodle family info and it appears that our days 11/28-12/2 are open. Please add us to the noodle swap!:wave2: Thank you! :blush:

BLT and Missy, thanks so much for the responses! Just upgraded our CR reservation to Atrium Club today! Sorry it's a little OT here - it's one night at the end of our upcoming BC stay and it will be hard to leave BC for something that's new to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter