2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

Hi everyone. We're back from another WDW trip. I've given up on trying to catch up with all I missed but did see that Teena was hurting. Hope you're much better now.

We only made it to Y&BC for burgers at B&C before we drove to the airport on Tuesday. Had to wait just long enough for Jamal to clear the booth and could have had a table immediately. This was around 3:30. Had a lovely chat with Rosa, the hostess, while we waited. Sorry we missed you, Teena.

Dee, I saw you ask about the toiletries. Don't know about Y&BC but we did have new H2O tolietries at BWV. The shampoo, conditioner and body gel were grapefruit bergamot. The soaps were sea salt. Very nice although the bottles were smaller. Not sure if there were actually fewer ounces.

I haven't heard anything about Stormalong Bay in a while- are parts of it still closed for repairs? Thanks!

Hi everyone. We're back from another WDW trip. I've given up on trying to catch up with all I missed but did see that Teena was hurting. Hope you're much better now.

We only made it to Y&BC for burgers at B&C before we drove to the airport on Tuesday. Had to wait just long enough for Jamal to clear the booth and could have had a table immediately. This was around 3:30. Had a lovely chat with Rosa, the hostess, while we waited. Sorry we missed you, Teena.

Dee, I saw you ask about the toiletries. Don't know about Y&BC but we did have new H2O tolietries at BWV. The shampoo, conditioner and body gel were grapefruit bergamot. The soaps were sea salt. Very nice although the bottles were smaller. Not sure if there were actually fewer ounces.

Welcome Back!!!

How was your trip? What a great way to end a trip - burgers at B&C!!!

FLIGHTS BOOKED!:dance3::yay:

Everything was so expensive. We ended up saving money by flying in late the night before and staying at the Hyatt at the airport and doing the reverse on the return. Saved us $400 doing it that way with the added bonus of extending the time of our first and last days in the parks.

I am ready to go now!

Don't know about Y&BC but we did have new H2O tolietries at BWV. The shampoo, conditioner and body gel were grapefruit bergamot. The soaps were sea salt. Very nice although the bottles were smaller. Not sure if there were actually fewer ounces.

Are the toiletries at the deluxes a lot nicer than at the values? We've stayed at PC for the last 6 trips or more and I always brought items from home to use. I guess I never gave it that much thought but now I am. :) Thanks!!!

Missoutandabout I too think you have a great plan now! We usually only do one day (or half a day) in DTD. It always seems to be enough for us. Great use of your last day too! Now time just has to keep moving forward so your trip get here :hourglass My vacations follows yours!:woohoo:

Yeah, that's exactly what we've done too: half a day-ish in DTD. For whatever reason, after the Ghirardelli ice cream I'm always too full to shop. :eek: Hope our weather's nice whilst we're there; we'll both be wishing away the summer!

So today my DH say to me "why are we flying home on 7/3. The next day is the 4th of July, I don't have to work so why are we coming home on the 3rd ?"

I loved that question and his logic so we just added a day to our BC trip. :cool1:
We are now there 6/27-7/4. What started out as a weekend trip has blossomed to a full week :rolleyes1

Yes! :woohoo: I love mighty morphing trips. ;)

Hey everyone! This thread is AMAZING and has so much information on it. I can't wait for the school year to close, so I can really keep up with it before my August trip!

My family (DH, twin sons (age 20 months) and myself) will be driving from PA to Disney and staying at the Yacht Club Aug 17 to 23. I figure we will be going off of their schedule and how they react each day, but wanted some type of itinerary. We currently go out to eat to a sit down restaurant once a week and most of the time, the boys do great (although we do try and go to places that we know dinner will only take about an hour). I am looking for some itinerary help and restaurant help. I plan on purchasing a 6 day park hopper pass. My DH is thinking that we should try and do 1 sit down a day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). I was thinking of maybe reserving a few places, and then just chancing the rest, but after reading some other posts, I am concerned that this is no longer a good idea. Since the hotel has some restaurants right at it, would I be able to eat at the resort restaurants without reservations? The only restaurant I reserved so far was the Biergarten in Germany. Any other tips I will gladly listen to! Thanks!

Despite my spreadsheets and ridiculously mad amounts of planning ahead of time, we're more of a "see how it goes" when we're in the parks. It's probably a more unusual stance, though for us we hate feeling tied down to reservations. (I'm actually a bit anxious over 1 of the 3 we've got now because I don't want to feel pressured! :laughing:) We've always gone in mid-Sept. -- which might not be as busy as when you're going -- though it's still during "Free Dining." The restaurants are always packed but we've survived with making very few ADRs the past two years. The first year, we decided on dinner at Rose & Crown, and although we didn't have an ADR, we managed to get in after a lengthy wait (and a few pints whilst watching the band) and managed to get a spot to see Illuminations. It was great. So, it is possible to play-it-by-ear if you're willing to wait and also if you're willing to go to the not-as-popular restaurants.

FLIGHTS BOOKED!:dance3::yay:

Everything was so expensive. We ended up saving money by flying in late the night before and staying at the Hyatt at the airport and doing the reverse on the return. Saved us $400 doing it that way with the added bonus of extending the time of our first and last days in the parks.

I am ready to go now!

Hahaha! I love this. :thumbsup2 Expensive flights are one of the reasons that pushed us to stay an extra night and stay longer on the last day. :goodvibes

We will arrive at BCV one week from today!!! So excited! :cool1:

:woohoo: So close!

I haven't heard anything about Stormalong Bay in a while- are parts of it still closed for repairs? Thanks!

Reported to have fully opened one week ahead of plan. However, it's been reported that the other construction non-SAB related but in the SAB area is still going on. I'm sure someone who recently returned from YC/BC can expand upon that statement.

Hey everyone! This thread is AMAZING and has so much information on it. I can't wait for the school year to close, so I can really keep up with it before my August trip!

My family (DH, twin sons (age 20 months) and myself) will be driving from PA to Disney and staying at the Yacht Club Aug 17 to 23. I figure we will be going off of their schedule and how they react each day, but wanted some type of itinerary. We currently go out to eat to a sit down restaurant once a week and most of the time, the boys do great (although we do try and go to places that we know dinner will only take about an hour). I am looking for some itinerary help and restaurant help. I plan on purchasing a 6 day park hopper pass. My DH is thinking that we should try and do 1 sit down a day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). I was thinking of maybe reserving a few places, and then just chancing the rest, but after reading some other posts, I am concerned that this is no longer a good idea. Since the hotel has some restaurants right at it, would I be able to eat at the resort restaurants without reservations? The only restaurant I reserved so far was the Biergarten in Germany. Any other tips I will gladly listen to! Thanks!

We also try to hit one sit down eatery a day. I do make reservations for where I want to go though, as I am an obsessive planner and don't want to be disappointed if I can't get into my favorite place.

I try to time the reservations with when we are either leaving the park for a break or coming back to the park after a break. One of our favorite places to eat is Sci-Fi at DS. I'll make a lunch reservation for 11:30, if we get tired or hungery earlier then I will ask at the podium if they can seat us prior to 11:30. This works best for us and our touring schedule, up at the crack of dawn with a mid-day break and then back touring again in the evening.

Just did online check in for YC CL!

:banana::banana::banana:

:cool1:

I don't post very often, but I read this thread daily. I just wanted to post that my family and I will be checking in to the YC cl on Friday. We are leaving today to drive to my parents' house. They live about 4 hours from us and about 5 hours from Disney. They are perfectly located almost exactly halfway there. We will head to Orlando tomorrow and spend one night in the Best Western Downtown Disney Hotel. Then, Friday morning, we will check in to the YC. Can I officially call today the beginning of my Disney trip? I say, "Yes!!!".

I vote YES to that! Congrats on the start of your vacation!

Just came across the "official" paper handed out by the Stone Harbor Club Cast (doesn't that just make it sound authoritative?!) and it does "request" that all guests under the age of 10 be accompanied by an adult.

This was from 2010 though so it could be different now.

Thanks! I actually asked the question on the Mom's Panel and this was the response:

The Club Level lounge is divided into two sections.
One area serves adult beverages while the other area serves snacks, soft drinks, fruit and other light treats throughout the day. Your boys will most definitely be able to visit the snack and beverage area any time they please and you don't need to accompany them. They should, however, be sure to have a Key To The World Card with them, to present as identification as Club Level Guests of the resort.

Thanks so much for choosing to visit the Moms Panel with your great question.

Wishing you a simply Magical time at Walt Disney World Carla!

Kirsten

So, I'm happy I asked. My boys will be well aware that if I see or get a report of inappropriate behavior, they will lose the privilege of going in alone. I kind of figured the cut off would be age 10 seeing as in Disney's eyes they are considered "adults" at that age. :rotfl::yay:

Just an FYI, that answer is not accurate regarding separate areas for adult beverages and other snacks/drinks. There is only one area for food/drinks in the lounge. The wine/cordials are on the same counter as the food and the beer is in the same cooler as the soda.

Absolutely there are adult beverages out in the evening (starting at 5) hours that are not cordoned off in any way from the other snacks - they are all on the counter directly to the left of the fridge. That didn't deter me in any way from having my two pop into the lounge to grab something or sit with a snack. After all, there is often a bottle of wine on my counter at home! :rotfl:

So today my DH say to me "why are we flying home on 7/3. The next day is the 4th of July, I don't have to work so why are we coming home on the 3rd ?"

I loved that question and his logic so we just added a day to our BC trip. :cool1:
We are now there 6/27-7/4. What started out as a weekend trip has blossomed to a full week :rolleyes1

I like the way he thinks!! :)

There were tons of toddlers in every TS restaurant we went to, with the possible exception of Les Chefs de France. No worries in that department! Having one TS meal per day (sometimes two!) was a priority for us, and we really enjoyed that time. With the exception of a dinner that we dragged out by our taking our time and Les Chefs de France our last night, we were in and out of every TS meal in an hour or less. I would think the buffet meals would work best for your family, as there would be no waiting for food and your kids can eat from your plate, correct? Definitely need reservations for all of the restaurants - we were able to snag two reservations the day of, but they were for 8 p.m. or later, which I assume wouldn't work for you!

HTH

Well ... thanks to this great thread, apparently all questions regarding the Y&B Club have been answered as no one has had anything to talk about for the last 5 hours!

Thank you Dee and all who contributed ... our work is done. ;)

Well ... thanks to this great thread, apparently all questions regarding the Y&B Club have been answered as no one has had anything to talk about for the last 5 hours!

I have noticed that all seems quiet lately!! I thought maybe everyone was in The World...............

Ocalla, do I see by your ticker that you'll be in the World tomorrow? If so, :cool1::cool1::cool1: for you. Have a great trip.

Missoutandabout, no changes for you today!? :) I think I'm waiting until the week of our trip to go crazy! By then I'll really be crazy.........I have to cook 8 batches of taco salad for two open houses and following our 5 days at Disney we'll be heading to Gulf Shores for 6 days. :) In my head I need to get BUSY but in my body I'm sitting around doing little to get ready. Am I CRAZY or what? I think half of my problem is I'm dealing with the let down of being a caregiver for my Mom who passed away in January. I've chased by tale for the last 10 years and now I'm watching my tail. I probably don't make any sense. :rotfl2:

Have a great evening all!!!!!!!!!!! I love reading everyones planning and thoughts on Disney. It puts me in a happy place. :goodvibes

I know, right?

We only go through a couple of pages in a day, and it is considered slow!!!

I have noticed that all seems quiet lately!! I thought maybe everyone was in The World...............

Ocalla- have a fantastic trip!!! :cool1: Can't wait to hear all about it. I'll be heading out to the World around the time you return.

Everyone else headed out in the next few days- hope you all have great weather and magical trips!

LOL... I just logged back on after a 9 break from the boards :rolleyes: and could not believe the lack of posts...

I can add some excitement by letting you all know I got a little Mickey mail from DME express today :yay:

I am so ready to go now! Originally this trip was me, DH, DD and DSIL staying at the BCV. Then we got the FD so my younger DD and her friend decided to join us so they have a room at BC. We have deluxe dining because we are doing alot of signature restaurants! I know its going to be a lot of food but we loved Artist Point last visit so we decided to try more signature restaurants.

We will be going to Brown Derby, Kouzzina for breakfast, Flying Fish, Citricos, Yak & Yeti, Yachtsman, Kona Cafe for breakfast, California Grille, Le Chefs, Jiko and Via Napoli. We have one meal left that we will eat somewhere in MK.

Plus we will be there for the soft opening on Friday and the first Saturday of F&W! Add in how much I love the bakery in Germany and their caramelly gooey sweetness, and my weight is in serious trouble!:eek: And I'll have to wash it all down with grand manier slushies! :rolleyes1 I think I had better bring larger pants to wear home.:scared1:

This year I'll be travelling with DH, DD who will be 9 before our trip, and DS4. We're staying BC CL and going with the regular dining plan, but we're trying some new restaurants this year....Whispering Canyon, 'Ohana dinner, Le Cellier lunch, and Captain's Grille, along with some old favorites....Biergarten and Garden Grill.

When we were there in 2010, F&W had a soft opening on Thursday, and I am hoping for the same this year so I can use up my left over snack credits, because our flight leaves Thursday night at 7:15 pm.

I love Karamel Kuche in Germany as well, and those Grand Marnier slushies too! DH and I need to start our 3rd annual "Diet and Exercise to Disney" routine, so we'll be in shape for all the walking and eating!! :thumbsup2

Our basic plan is to hit rope drop every morning, then head back to SAB in the early afternoon....just look for the very blond little boy who wants to do nothing but go down the big slide all afternoon long...I'll be somewhere on slide watch! (with a Sunken Treasure by my side). :sunny: :cool2:

Ocalla, do I see by your ticker that you'll be in the World tomorrow? If so, :cool1::cool1::cool1: for you. Have a great trip.

Have a great evening all!!!!!!!!!!! I love reading everyones planning and thoughts on Disney. It puts me in a happy place. :goodvibes

yes you did read that right!!! I am beyond excited. Hope I can sleep tonight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter