• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all you Y/B fans! Happy Turkey Day! For all those headed this way.... I hope you have the weather we've had it has been amazing! Check out day is tomorrow and check in day is tomorrow at AKL (our home resort).

More of our live trip report now...

Tuesday night DD and I had ressies at Victoria and Alberts.. I booked the Chef Table with wine paring... This was an amazing 10 course meal! The chef came out and talked to us explaining the different courses. The meal lasted about 3 hours. After the dinner we were off to the firework cruise... This was the Wishes cruise on 7 Seas Lagoon.... It was amazing! Both dinner and the cruise were first for us both.

Wednesday we began the day with breakfast at Captains Grill...we both love this breakfast nice and quiet! We left and headed to Epcot for The Undiscovered Future World Tour. We had a great tour guide! The tour was amazing... I have to say most of the tours here are great...we have done pretty much most of them Disney has to offer. This tour was from 9-2 which made us a little late for DD daily golf lesson, but they rebooked her for 2:30so all was well. After her golf lesson we came back to the hotel grabbed something from Beaches and Cream. DD had another massage at 5 o'clock while she was having her massage I had a nice walk around the Boardwalk. When she called and asked where I was I said just keep walking around to the YC and you will run into me... I was rocking in the rockers fun fun fun! Dinner was at Le Cellier... I don't think this should be a 2 point dinner (our plan didn't count points but I still don't think it should be a 2 point restaurant). The tour gave us VIP space for the fireworks but we skipped them and watched on the way out.

This morning began with another golf lesson. While DD was having that I headed to the MK just to waste time. After I picked her up we headed to the Wave for breakfast. After breakfast we were off to another tour....JETSKI on the Seven Seas Lagoon! This was so much fun! The tour lasted about an hour. We both headed to MK. We are now sitting in the lounge having a glass of wine before heading to DHS to see the Christmas lights another first for us. Dinner tonight is at the Yachtsman mmmm yum!

so more tomorrow! For those of you with Facebook if you would like to follow me there fill free to friend me my account is Nannette Beaty Fedak friend me with dis board in the subject and I'll accept. There are lots of pics of the trip!

Hoping all of you enjoy you holiday desserts!

~Nannette

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
We have made it to Nashville, where we're spending the night. We're getting up at 4am to get to the airport for our 7am flight to Orlando! In about 15 hours, we should be at the YC. I'm a fairly nervous flyer,:scared1: even though I fly fairly often, so think good thoughts for a safe trip for us.
Yacht Club, here we come!

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Here's a picture to make all our Canadian friends jealous, and besides, we all know that just because they celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving in October doesn't mean they aren't going to clean up with all those 'after Thanksgiving' turkey sales tomorrow!

~Marlton Mom

316304_2707069641017_1385097095_3026282_339041087_n.jpg

Love this! (And yes, totally jealous :goodvibes)

Turkey done, leftovers put away and now it's time for bed so I can get up early and go shopping. Unlike some of my friends who are already in line at Walmart and Target, I'm going leisurely tomorrow morning around 7 AM. Of course, if I needed a new computer or TV, I'd be right there with them. Such unbelievable deals - WOW!

Hope everybody has fun shopping tomorrow ... be safe and drive carefully!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

My Mom hasn't been doing well so I haven't had much of a chance to get on the boards but I wanted to wish all my Y&B Buddies a Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope your day was ok. I have been thinking about you, a little worried since you haven't posted much lately. Sending hugs your way! :grouphug:

We have made it to Nashville, where we're spending the night. We're getting up at 4am to get to the airport for our 7am flight to Orlando! In about 15 hours, we should be at the YC. I'm a fairly nervous flyer,:scared1: even though I fly fairly often, so think good thoughts for a safe trip for us.

(((( . )))) (((( . ))))

Here is some positive, um Karma?, coming your way. Have a great journey and a WONDERFUL trip!

~Marlton Mom

:banana:

See you there! We're leaving for the city in 2 hours and we'll be landing in Orlando at this time tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

See you there! We're leaving for the city in 2 hours and we'll be landing in Orlando at this time tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Here at the YC now. Yes, we made it fine, very smooth flight from Nashville. We arrived in Orlando around 945am today and was checked into the hotel by 11. A couple of glitches...DH's key card wouldn't open the door, but after another trip to the desk, it's now working...and getting the concierge to transfer our park hopper tickets onto the key cards was a bit of a hassle, but hopefully that's done too. I think the guy working the concierge desk wasn't really familiar with doing that. We'll see later tonight when we hit Epcot for EMH.
On an up note, we were upgraded from standard view to garden view. :banana: We have a nice view of the quiet pool.
After a quick trip to Downtown Disney this afternoon, we're back to the YC for a little rest. DH is taking a nap as we speak (or as I type) and the luggage all made it here. Also, we received our groceries from Garden Grocer without any trouble at all. I have to say, I highly recommend this service. :thumbsup2
We have 7pm ressies at Shula's tonight....first time eating there for us....then we're gonna try the EMH at Epcot. Hopefully the crowd will die down a little by then, but it was wall to wall people at DD earlier. I'm hoping after the weekend, the crowd will thin out alot.
Jace, hope your trip is just as pleasant and uneventful as ours was today.
We'll leave the light on for ya! :woohoo:

Hey, I hope you have a great flight and your stay is amazing! I left the Noodle family at YC Bell Services under the Noodle Family... I left gave them a few $$ when I picked them up. Don't be shy about asking for them they are on to us and just laughed. I did ask Bell Services when I dropped them off last night if they were ok with us leaving them... They said it wasn't a problem, so don't be shy!

Have a great time!

~Nannette

I left off with last night...

We went to DHS and checked out the Osborne Holiday Lights...this was another first for us and let's just say I was so amazed! I can't believe we have NEVER done this before...we always come right after Christmas and just have never gone to see them :confused3 on the Way we stopped off at Star Tours...first time riding this since the refurb also amazing. After the fun we headed back to the boat to get back to the YC for our Thanksgiving dinner ressie. We made a pit stop to purchase DD a Gingerbread House kit. Then off to the Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner. The meal was price fixed but amazing as usual. So we checked out this morning had a few clitches but arrived at the AKL checked in and then headed to the 2 tours we had planned were good but it made for a long day. We are now sitting in the lounge having apps and a glass of wine. We're headed to Downtown Disney to do the shopping then back here for our Jiko ressie.

For all those just arriving or about to arrive have a great time!

~Nannette

Now that it is much closer to the trip I wanted to confirm Noodle swap plans. Orginally I was supposed to swap with tinkerbell's mom around the 20th but then we moved to staying from the 12th -14th. I was wondering if we could have the noodles the 12th/13th and then I will be glad to pass them on. If I asked this before I am sorry I am having a mental fart. Maybe sndral can leave them at bell service for pick up on the morning of the 12th, we can pick them up, and leave off for tinkerbell's mama at bell service the morning of the 14th. If that is ok please let me know thank you!

sndral Dec 9-Dec 19, YC
heatherbabydoll1 Dec 12-14, BCV
Tinkerbell’s mama Dec 11- Dec 21 BC

Again if I already asked and forgot I am sorry I just feel like the trip is catching up to us quicker than we are expecting. And everything is moving fast forward.

If I asked this before I am sorry I am having a mental fart.

I just about fell off my chair laughing when I read that line! It really brought back memories of the mania we all go through right before we leave on our Disney trips.

I know I can't tell you anything that will help this period of hyper organization go by any easier. All I'll say is that resort shampoo can cover a multitude of packing omissions and the little store they have at the BC Marketplace, hopefully will cover the rest.

Mental Fart away Heather, MENTAL FART AWAY!!! :lmao:

~Marlton Mom

I just about fell off my chair laughing when I read that line! It really brought back memories of the mania we all go through right before we leave on our Disney trips.

I know I can't tell you anything that will help this period of hyper organization go by any easier. All I'll say is that resort shampoo can cover a multitude of packing omissions and the little store they have at the BC Marketplace, hopefully will cover the rest.

Mental Fart away Heather, MENTAL FART AWAY!!! :lmao:

~Marlton Mom

Seriously when I see your name I should run and get depends on!:rotfl::rotfl: The shampoo insert again, tops it. I just gave it to the child that is visiting me this weekend to use!

I just can't remember if i asked about the noodle swap or not and Joe really wants to float around with them!

You know how it is trying to cover all the bases so you don't need anything to be bought on the trip, but with the scooter trunk space is very limited. And we will be going through SC and staying both to and from. So there is Christmas presents and non Disney clothes too. Oh ya and mom's list of "can you bring for me stuff" Then things keep popping up to make you dip into your vacation funds! Grrrrr! I have never thought the 2 day 17 hour trip in a car driving time looked better! Cause when I am in the car my planning will be over!

My brain is so scattered trying to help DH study for finals, finish up Joey's 2nd 9 week work,laundry,:laundy: packing, getting things togeather for the dogs nanny and all the packing and sorting to only take what we must!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

We leave Dec.7 around 4am, but DH wants to leave at midnight! :confused3Stay two nights at besties house in SC, then onto Dad's in central Florida for the weekend, and finally check in at BCV on the 12th as owners for the first time! It is crazy but I can't wait to get some fruity strong drink and chill in the SAB somewhere at this point I don't care where just somewhere!:angel:

Thanks for the encouragement!:love::hug::love::hug:

Thread Watch!!! Due to the size of this thread, it may be shut down soon, so I have migrated our thread to a new location.

Please join us on the new thread!

New Yacht & Beach Club thread is here:

2011 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Part IV- Welcoming Winter! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2838474

Don't forget, if you have subscribed to this thread or if you are linking to it in your signature, please change to the new location.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD!!!

I'll move over a couple of the more recent, current discussions when I get a chance. Or feel free to repost anything if you are still looking for a response.

Hi Everyone!

Thought I would pop over to say "hi!"

Even though we can't stay at Beach Club this time around... It is and y'all will always be my favorite!!!

Looking forward to our trip to the World and the Lodge anyway. But, will definitely miss the Beach Club & Teena! Will try to stop by and see you Teena!

Hi Everyone!

Thought I would pop over to say "hi!"

Even though we can't stay at Beach Club this time around... It is and y'all will always be my favorite!!!

Looking forward to our trip to the World and the Lodge anyway. But, will definitely miss the Beach Club & Teena! Will try to stop by and see you Teena!

Hi Sue! We have a new thread now- click on the link in my signature. I'll post this over there.

Does the BC have HE washers in the laundry rooms for guest staying in a studio

Hi Shelly- posting this on the new thread. Click on the link in my signature. Thanks!

Thread Watch!!! Due to the size of this thread, it may be shut down soon, so I have migrated our thread to a new location.

Please join us on the new thread!

New Yacht & Beach Club thread is here:

2011 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Part IV- Welcoming Winter! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2838474

Don't forget, if you have subscribed to this thread or if you are linking to it in your signature, please change to the new location.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD!!!

I'll move over a couple of the more recent, current discussions when I get a chance. Or feel free to repost anything if you are still looking for a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter