2011 DISers Halloween Party Dates & Costumes List

We tried a few costumes here locally, but we wanted to match-so it was we ended up going as pirates. Im a wench, and he'll my handsome pirate.

poohnpigletCA, jaydoe, NEDisneyFans, AnnieDroid, MattsPrincess, alwaysmb20, NVDisMom and Captain Redbeard, I have added each of your names and, if posted, your costumes to your Party dates.

bcdisney and DisneyFairytale, I have added your costumes next to your names.

NEDisneyFans, nice work on your t-shirt design.

We will be going to the party Oct. 28. I will be dressed as Sally, Hubby will be Jack Skellington, son will be a ghostbuster and daughter will be Rapunzel.

We leave tomorrow part on Friday the 14th.
My younger sister is three and will be Silver mist and I am going as tinkerbell. I am pretty excited about it! :goodvibes

My mom and I will be going on Oct. 21! I will be Snow White and she will be a hippy.

Argh, scratch that. Had to change our dates. Well now be at the party on the 25th instead of the 18th.

We're going on 10/28! Will be my first time back since having my first baby! (It's been much too long!)

Myself, 38: Toy Story's Lil Bo Peep
Daughter, 1: Bo Peeps Sheep (hoping to have 3 heads sewed on if I have time!)
Daddy, 35: Day Of The Dead Mariachi Musician
Son, 8 (daddys son): Crimson Ghost (The band the Misfits, skull logo. We start them early!)

:banana:

trinity991, sarabell and Krispe, I have added you to the Party list.

Princess Row I hope you had a great time and lots of candy!

MattsPrincess, I have changed your Party date on the list. I'm going on the same night. Maybe we will run into each other.

We bought our tickets for the party this morning! I'm pretty excited as this will be our first Halloween Party at Disneyland.

I do, however, have a question about costumes... I have three older kids (DS9, DD10 and DS14) who are all into dressing as something scary rather than Disney characters (I have 2 zombies and a creepy mask guy). I know the Disneyland website says the costumes must be "kid-friendly" but I'm unsure what constitutes "kid-friendly" and would hate to get turned away at the gate because they thought the costumes were too much.
Does anyone have any guidance as to what is considered not "kid-friendly"?

Hi. Just wondering. Thought this would be the place to ask. I'm going to Disneyland on October 31st, but not to the Halloween party. I will be getting there at 8 and leaving around three, when the Halloween guests can get in. Then I will be going to California adventure. My question is, what has been the crowds like before the Halloween party at Disneyland. Thanks for everything.

We bought our tickets for the party this morning! I'm pretty excited as this will be our first Halloween Party at Disneyland.

I do, however, have a question about costumes... I have three older kids (DS9, DD10 and DS14) who are all into dressing as something scary rather than Disney characters (I have 2 zombies and a creepy mask guy). I know the Disneyland website says the costumes must be "kid-friendly" but I'm unsure what constitutes "kid-friendly" and would hate to get turned away at the gate because they thought the costumes were too much.
Does anyone have any guidance as to what is considered not "kid-friendly"?
Just an FYI for anyone else wondering, I ended up calling Disneyland and was told by a lead that as long as there was not excessive blood or gore (brains or organs showing) the kids would be fine to wear their costumes. I'm glad I got him on the phone as the CM I spoke with at first's only guidance was to use my best judgement- what goes in my house may not be the same as someone else's and I'd hate to get turned away at the gate for the kids being too scary. I'll probably bring some baby wipes in case there are issues, but I'm hoping it will be fine and we can get some great pictures of the four of us!

~~~

On the 25th it will be:
DaleenMarine - pirate
DS9 - zombie
DD10 - zombie
DS14 - unsure, since his scary mask even creeps me out!

Just an FYI for anyone else wondering, I ended up calling Disneyland and was told by a lead that as long as there was not excessive blood or gore (brains or organs showing) the kids would be fine to wear their costumes. I'm glad I got him on the phone as the CM I spoke with at first's only guidance was to use my best judgement- what goes in my house may not be the same as someone else's and I'd hate to get turned away at the gate for the kids being too scary. I'll probably bring some baby wipes in case there are issues, but I'm hoping it will be fine and we can get some great pictures of the four of us!

~~~

On the 25th it will be:
DaleenMarine - pirate
DS9 - zombie
DD10 - zombie
DS14 - unsure, since his scary mask even creeps me out!

Thanks for clarifying that- We are going on the 25th too! DS 11 is going as a zombie punk to match his 'charming' zombie punk t shirt (think green face and red spiked hair) and I was a bit worried that he might be too gross for DL, but we weren't planning on much gore, so should be ok! Have your zombie fans checked this out?: http://zombiewalklb.com/
Maybe we will meet up and they can have a zombie group pic!
(DS 9 will be hitchhiking ghost, me and DH are wimping out and will just be in Halloween tshirts)

I attended the Party on the 18th and I haven't seen this tip posted anywhere --

You can enter the Park at the Downtown Disney Monorail Station for the Party. They will perform the usual bag check, scan your tickets and there is a table just inside the turnstile with a CM handing out the bags and putting the wristbands on Party attendees.

Also, EVERYONE has to wear a wristband. My 2 year old DD hates those things with a passion, so it ended up coming off within an hour, but the CM told me that as long as I have it on hand to present to CMs in the Park as proof of entry we would be okay. Interestingly enough, nobody seemed to be checking that I saw.

I ended up with 15 lbs of candy. Yum yum. My DD was thrilled to see the Mickey Pumpkins everywhere. See loved the music and spent a good hour just dancing. If anyone was there on the 18th and saw a toddler boogeying on the cobweb by the Pixie Hollow Treat Trail between 6:30 and 7:30 -- that was us. She even inspired other kids to join in the dancing (at one time started a mosh pit on her own - poor unwitting participants)! :lmao::lmao: It was a blast watching her.

To all those whose Party dates are upcoming: HAVE FUN! I am jealous and wish I could go back!!

Halloween Party is sold out for tonight! I don't know if that's good or bad.:confused3 I hope I don't have to cast a spell on anyone! :rotfl2:

At DL now. Was a very slow day and great for getting in the rides. At 3 pm, the parks really started to fill in and the ride lines started getting longer. At 430, we were able to go to Plaza Gardens and get wristbands - no wait! At Gibson Girl now. Say hi if you see us, I'm in a grey Mickey & Minnie Trick or Treat Tshirt & my girls are Rapunzel and Wedding Dress Cinderella. DH is himself :).

We're heading south to San Diego this Saturday for Dad's 90th bday. Poor DD thinks she's missing trick-or-treating this year. But she's a fantastic granddaughter and hasn't said much. She plans to wearing a mini witch hat and tutu skirt with her leggings to get in the Halloween spirit a little bit.

:tinker: But "Mom's are Magic"...Halloween night she'll be gathering candy at DL.

Yes you heard it right, DH and DD don't know we're going. I'm thinking we stroll around Downtown Disney "to do a little something for Halloween" and SURPRISE I have tickets and hop the Monorail... thanks for the tip jessicaerv :cool1:

The trick is hiding the costumes in a carry on, but I'm good! I've managed to smuggle multiple Princess costumes on Disney Cruises with out DD catching me!

Costumes:
DD11 will be trendy witch (mini hat, spider web cape, black tutu, leggings)
DH and I will be pumpkins… just a giant pumpkin graphics on an orange t-shirts but from what I’m hearing about the candy, we’ll likely look the part before leaving! ::MickeyMo

Hope we see you there!

Lise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter