2011 Benefit Sale @ Downtown Disney

No I do not know the number but will look around, I was going to wait until this coming week to ask anyway but got thinking about it and figured why would they send a bus for 1 or 2 people? last year someone said they did but the bus they might have been talking about was just a DTD bus that come early in the morning anyway... Oh well
I am at BWV if anyone else is near here maybe we could share a taxi if even those are around..but they might be because of the airport. I will let everyone know if I do find out anything... but I think there just are not enough of us.

Ok was on the theme board and found a tread about it but also a post to this http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824654 doesn't sound too good... I did not see any of this info last year but it sure makes sense.. seems like we are out of luck for buses so I do not think I will pay more for a cab to get run over by ebay sharpie people.... as one posted said I will not do black friday either.... I go to my Wal Mart at like 7 AM and get whats left and no crowd to speak of they are off else where.... sorry for the bad news.

Ok went to DTD today to the WOD store and they even had flyers on the cashregister checkout area about the sale so I got into a discussion with the CM nice lady...store not crowded and she said she did not think the sale crowd was too bad but did not know anything about buses from resorts and said to go to the consierge desk so when I got to BWV I did and they said NO BUS take a cab...I don't think so at 4:30 AM... so you could ask at your resort and you might get a better answer..the CM at DTD thought they might run a complimenty van down to the sales... guess they could care less..I asked about the first bus to DTD and she didn't even know the answer or try to find out just said first bus to the parks for breakfast was 6:45... as I side note we waited 45 min at this morning for a bus to DTD .

Did anyone go... I was curious if it was worth it... I did not go...it was windy and cold this morning...I was going to go late but still too cold and windy for me

Did anyone go... I was curious if it was worth it... I did not go...it was windy and cold this morning...I was going to go late but still too cold and windy for me

I went and didn't think the doorbusters were worth it. But purchased a few other things all in all it was for a good cause.

I went and I was really dissapointed. I was a newbie to these and after reading what great deals people got from past years I thought I would try it out. It was cold about 57 degrees and windy. I got to meet some really neat people in line which made the wait time not so bad. I was coached on what to expect and where to look for the doorbusters (look for the balloons). It was quite different than I had read about in the different forums. Every store had 25% off everything, but there were no markdowns, clearance items, etc. Everything was at full retail value. The only doorbusters they had were: red/blue mickey beach towels for $7, Brown/Tan afghan throw for $10, Orange/black tote for $8 I think??, A ugly tote in Tren D that came in mustard yellow or light gray for $8??, I wouldn't have bought it even if it was $1. Also they had a little mickey statue for $2, a ugly picture frame with 2011 in primary colors with glitter for ?? can't remember, want to say $5-$7. A insulated plastic travel mug for $4. The doorbusters were the same no matter what store you went to, it would have been nice to see different doorbusters in each store. My $5 entry fee went to a good cause, so not all is lost. The thing that bugs me is that online at disneystore.com they are giving 25% off on all merchandise today and in there sale area the discounts on some toys are almost 40% off, why couldn't they have those kinds of markdowns in the stores during this benefit sale to save people from having to pay shipping. I would never do it again unless it its advertised for more percentage off. :sad2:

Thank you all for responding. I know last year they had different and better offers on the sales site, but was leary when this site never changed and then when it did it said 25% off??? like I would get up for that...and then there was a flyer in the Wof D store that said the same thing at least 25% off... I am sorry that you did not get good deals I would have felt better for you to have gotten some good things...
Usuallly at this time of year they do normally have some items reduced especially the 2011 items...but this year there was nothing that I could find...
Again thank you for letting me know....:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter