• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, for the Housekeeping Closet and Spa stays, I think I just saw a way to make some additional income. I mean you can charge the slushies (just operating costs of course) and you will have the best testing responsibilities but you could also make and sell TOWEL ANIMALS! Reading here on Dis, they seem to be in hot demand and the mousekeepers don't seem to be making them fast enough on their off hours so you could make them and sell them! Just something to do to make up some extra cash for when someone wants something from the Marketplace or HH or Beaches and Cream for a snack (if the CL stuff gets old and boring)!

That looks like a go.... and don't forget about Sweet Pea's scheme to undercut the Valet laundry costs. For our extended stays we'll be needing to do laundry so what's an extra sock or two, especially at those prices! :eek:

~MM

Oh yes, I remember your airline troubles last year. That was not fun for you.

OK hope I feel the same about driving after the trip. We shall see.....at least we will have 3 drivers and 4 if you count DS15 getting his permit in June (could be a little scary!). You should leave me clues, that would be funny. Will get more advice from you closer to our trip.

Also, where do you stay your first arrival night, thought you mentioned an off property hotel you liked? Let me know, we are trying to figure out if check into YC July 16 or stay a night and rest someplace else.

We stay at the Buena Vista Palace. We plan on getting into Orlando around 3:00 so for us it works out better to stay the night at the DTD and then head over bright and early to our resort. We always walk across the street and have dinner at RFC first.

Their prices are pretty good and the hotel is very nice. I think we are paying less than $170 (AAA rate) for a Disney view room in the Tower - that includes the tax.

When it gets closer I'll let you know what "clues" I'm leaving. Driving with three kids we do hit a lot of rest stops! Of course since I pack all our food the only stops we do are rest stops, gas and coffee!

OK hope I feel the same about driving after the trip. We shall see.....at least we will have 3 drivers and 4 if you count DS15 getting his permit in June (could be a little scary!). You should leave me clues, that would be funny. Will get more advice from you closer to our trip.

Make sure you check ahead of time to see what states he can drive in with a permit. Have a safe trip!

Have you had any problems w/ the TIW card? According to Allears just present before ordering? Seems like this would really work for us and family of men!

Hi HockeyMom! We love TIW!!! For our family of 5 (including our two pre-teen "Disney adults" and a pre-schooler) it's an amazing value. We used it for four WDW trips with two ADRs per day, so we saved a ton of money. We never had any problems using the card.

At check-in for each ADR, when they ask about dining plan, I'll say "no, but we're using Tables in Wonderland." I know some posters on the boards advise against that because they believe it negatively impacts the level of service, but that hasn't been a problem for us. I liked mentioning it because most CMs would put a note on our table prompting our server will remind us to present the card at the end of the meal. (Especially in the excitement of a character meal, I'm always afraid I'll forget!) They usually take the card at the end of the meal right before or right after they run the check. It seems easier for the server if we can get the TIW card to them before they run the check, so they don't have to go back and re-run it.

One of the other great things about TIW is that you can use it for yourself and up to nine additional guests! So when my parents joined us in February, we received the 20% discount on the entire check, even when we paid the check with two credit cards.

Unfortunately, my card expires a week from today - I'll really miss it, but we may get another round of APs and TIW in 2013! Hope you enjoy it!! :wizard:

Getting there first thing will be great. As everyone said, you can grab a few lounges in the shade. You may want to grab a few if you're going to be there all day. After lunch, we usually go back to our lounges for a break. It helps (us) to pick lounges near a prominent landmark :laughing: Avoids roaming around searching like I have sometimes :rolleyes:

Our WP plan is like the parks plan- go on all the major slides first, Crush & Gusher usually several times :goodvibes then when lines start to build for the slides we switch to the lazy river (I could stay on that all day) and the wave pools.
At TL the shark reef is fun too.

We love both TL & BB. The Disney theming as everywhere else is amazing.

I wouldn't worry about the beach umbrella or Cabana either. Personally, I'd have a hard time paying more for a few hours use of a cabana then I'm paying for my room at BC (got 35% off). I don't know how Disney comes up with these prices :confused3

Thanks so much! We're arriving at 8am for EMH, and we'll definitely follow the plan you suggested. Just wondering when we should do Shark Reef - after slides and before lazy river/wave pool?

How funny is that - the cabana prices ARE more than our room, too!

Thanks so much for all your responses!

Could you tell me what your dad rented? I don't know anything about ECV's, so I'm not sure what is the difference between a scooter and an ECV.

I'll check with Dad this weekend (or Mom - she probably knows because she handled the rental!) and post again.

Just wondering if the BC marketplace sells Razors?

Still trying to figure out if we will actually be able to manage carry-on only for our trip. that darn 3-1-1 rule is killing me!! I'll never be able to fit enouh shampoo conditioner facial cleanser etc for a week in those tiny bottles!!!

I may have to break down and check one piece of luggage.

Also, we are landing around 6:30 p.m., will we be on ME for about 1 hour?
Last year at YC we were the first stop, but we landed much earlier.

Thanks

Still trying to figure out if we will actually be able to manage carry-on only for our trip. that darn 3-1-1 rule is killing me!! I'll never be able to fit enouh shampoo conditioner facial cleanser etc for a week in those tiny bottles!!!

Thanks

Have you thought about ordering from the Garden Grocer? I always order shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream and such from them. That way I don't have to worry about what can get through airport security.

I'm going to be shipping a gift package to my SIL and nieces who are staying at the Beach Club at the beginning of May.

Do I have to include her reservation number (not sure I'll be able to get this information)? Also, will she have to pay an additional charge to claim the package? I'll be sending it UPS Ground (if that matters).

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

For the Housekeeping Closet and Spa...
(again for the newbies - just kidding here!)

So pleased that everyone is coming up with revenue generating ideas. That will help us all to extend our stay there. I'm also up for the suggestion of the occasional theme night with admission. That should be fun.

Today I was thinking (dreaming) about our wonderful fake closet and I turned to my husband and randomly said, out of nowhere, "We will have wireless internet in our closet at the Beach Club." He just looked at me like I was nuts and said "What!?". And then I remembered that he wasn't with me in my mind in the Housekeeping Closet and Spa and I clarified by saying "No, not in our real closet in our hotel room, I'm talking about the fake dream closet - we are planning for wireless internet in our fake dream closet." He just rolled his eyes :sad2: and walked away.

It is so hard to remember it isn't real. :sad1:

For the Housekeeping Closet and Spa...
(again for the newbies - just kidding here!)

Today I was thinking (dreaming) about our wonderful fake closet and I turned to my husband and randomly said, out of nowhere, "We will have wireless internet in our closet at the Beach Club." He just looked at me like I was nuts and said "What!?". And then I remembered that he wasn't with me in my mind in the Housekeeping Closet and Spa and I clarified by saying "No, not in our real closet in our hotel room, I'm talking about the fake dream closet - we are planning for wireless internet in our fake dream closet." He just rolled his eyes :sad2: and walked away.

It is so hard to remember it isn't real. :sad1:
:laughing:

Robyn - thanks for the hotel advice! Looked online and the AAA rate looks great. Think I will change our check-in to the 17th instead of 16th at YC. :thumbsup2

Pixarmom - thanks for your review of TIW, think it will work great for us! In all of these years, this will be my first annual pass. It will be a great excuse to get to Disney more!

Make sure you check ahead of time to see what states he can drive in with a permit. Have a safe trip!

Thanks, good point. Although, I think we will keep the driving to Florida to the experienced drivers :). How would I ever get some rest with him driving? He can't wait to get his permit; the day he turns 15 and 9 months we will be at the MVA :scared1:

I'll check with Dad this weekend (or Mom - she probably knows because she handled the rental!) and post again.

If you visit the Apple Scooter web site there are pictures of the 4 types of vehicles they rent. From what I have read review wise here on the DIS the smaller 3 wheel model seems to be the easiest to manuever , that is the one I will most likely reserve for my triphttp://www.applescooter.com/

Thanks to both of you! This is certainly putting a kink in my planning! At least we were already planning on a relaxing, non-commando trip.

I've had a front load washer for 3 years. I do no less than 10 - 15 loads a week. I have *never* had the funky front loader smell and I have *never* run a cleaning solution thru the machine. How do I do it? The only time I ever close the door to the washing machine is when it's in use. Any other time the door is wide open. Closed-in dampness is what causes funky smells. :thumbsup2

I hadn't thought about the washing machines at the resort having yucky smells. I sure hope not. Hhmmm...gotta think on that one....

After our first trip to the Contemporary in December '07 I sat down with this price list and figured up how much we would've spent had we used their laundry service to do all our clothes for us. It was some insane number like $850. :scared1: I'm here to tell you, this is another of those things where a person could clearly make their million. Start a company that offers same-day wash/dry/fold services to people staying at the WDW resorts. Pick-up is by 8:30 and drop-off is by 6. I can easily do 5 loads of clothes in 6 hours using just my standard front-loader machines without rushing. With more machines or industrial-sized machines you could totally zip thru some washing. You could charge half what those slips say, add a flat delivery fee to each order, and people would bite. I'd have paid $425 on that 9 night trip to NOT have to wash those dozen or two loads of wash. THAT would've been worth it. :laundy:

I'd volunteer to do a laundry shift if I can have a bed in the hidden closet and a guarenteed bowl of oatmeal every morning and vodka slushie at night.:laundy:

Thanks

What kind of razor? Because I'm pretty sure I just read that you can bring disposable razors in carry-ons. But honestly, my plan is to try my best to just ship some things to myself (hopefully) with the intention of throwing most of it out or using it up, so I don't need to ship it back. Who knows....

I'm going to be shipping a gift package to my SIL and nieces who are staying at the Beach Club at the beginning of May.

Do I have to include her reservation number (not sure I'll be able to get this information)? Also, will she have to pay an additional charge to claim the package? I'll be sending it UPS Ground (if that matters).

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Did you see the post in the FAQ section about mailing packages to the Yacht and Beach Club? Since this is a convention resort with a mailing center, items are sent there and there is a charge to pick up from there. If you mail the package using the good ole USPS, right to the resort, no charge:

Can I ship a package to Beach Club or Yacht Club for my stay?

If you ship a package to the resort, Mail by United States Postal Service, not anything else!!! If you mail other than USPS, your items will be shipped to the convention center and the shipping department will charge the recipient a handling charge.

Use this mailing address:

Disney's Beach Club Resort (or Disney's Beach Club Villas)
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

or

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

Orders from Garden Grocer are delivered to Bell Services at YC or BC, so they are not subject to the delivery fee. You can ask Bell Services to deliver the order to your room when you are there.

Thanks, good point. Although, I think we will keep the driving to Florida to the experienced drivers :). How would I ever get some rest with him driving? He can't wait to get his permit; the day he turns 15 and 9 months we will be at the MVA :scared1:

:) I have one getting his license soon. He has been counting down the days...
I see you're a hockey mom, I am too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter