2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the famous "Frosty Butt" slide alleged to exist in the Boston area? I hear the lines are REALLY LONG for this one in the summer. What is the pool like at the bottom of this slide? Rumor has it that it has a very innovative "Mulch" bottom. Can you confirm these rumors??

Signed Frozen in Marlton :eek:
PS. Does this slide come with a "Balcony view"???

No, THIS is the pool:

IMG_1611-1.jpg
IMG_1612-1.jpg

The balcony is a half (pike) balcony, but there is a day (snow) bed.

MY slide needs a refurb. Or at least a thawing!

IMG_1608-1.jpg
IMG_1607-1.jpg

But on the bright side, schools are in session today! :banana:
:rotfl::lmao:
Looks like ours!!!
Is this the famous "Frosty Butt" slide alleged to exist in the Boston area? I hear the lines are REALLY LONG for this one in the summer. What is the pool like at the bottom of this slide? Rumor has it that it has a very innovative "Mulch" bottom. Can you confirm these rumors??

Signed Frozen in Marlton :eek:
PS. Does this slide come with a "Balcony view"???

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:
On your way down the slide you can experience some "white fluffy powdered gold" and a little bit of "Shiney" slippery ice, that may slide you right down to "Sunny" Florida...OK we can all dream!!!:rotfl:

Oh, I am so ready to see the sun!!! :goodvibes ONLY 1 MORE WORK DAY :cool1: (tomorrow) then Friday night we'll be on the Red Eye, arriving early Saturday morning in (hopefully) SUNNY ORLANDO! :lovestruc
Can't wait! :cool1:

This sounds great... Enjoy and absorb as much sunshine as you can....

Wow, great "deep in the snow" pics, on the other side of the atlantic we do not have that much snow right now, but we are doing fine. For some slopes a few cargo loads would come handy... thanks for sending it over.

We will be visiting Florida in July 2011, first time in Summer and it is quit assuring to read that "never Florida in the summer again" are regular repeaters.

Did not find the July visitors list, or did I miss it :confused3

we are at the Beach Club Resort from July 28 to August 2 and then we will be cruising with the Disney Dreams for 5 nights :cool1:

Wow, great "deep in the snow" pics, on the other side of the atlantic we do not have that much snow right now, but we are doing fine. For some slopes a few cargo loads would come handy... thanks for sending it over.

We will be visiting Florida in July 2011, first time in Summer and it is quit assuring to read that "never Florida in the summer again" are regular repeaters.

Did not find the July visitors list, or did I miss it :confused3

we are at the Beach Club Resort from July 28 to August 2 and then we will be cruising with the Disney Dreams for 5 nights :cool1:

You may have any of our snow you want- I will wish it your way!

As the author of the "3rd annual We are never going to Disney in the summer again" I want to assure you that we have had two wonderful July trips since my husband uttered those words- the title of my trip report is definitely tounge-in-cheek.

Not sure that anyone has volunteered for the July list.

We went to Disney in Dec 2010, it was COLD the entire time we were there. I like going at that time because everything is decorated for Christmas- this year we are thinking of going mid Nov (before Thanksgiving). We are hoping that mid-Nov we will at least have warmer weather and we will be able to use SAB (it was closed 4 of the 7 days that we were there).

When do the parks put up the Christmas decorations? How about the hotels? I know that the Osborne Lights are at the beginning of Nov but not sure about anything else.

Dee, all I can say is that I'm glad all we got was a bit of freezing rain. Don't think I could have handled that much snow with all the work we need to get done here in the office this time of year.

Cocobean1, the decorations at the resorts have been pushed back later towards T-Day more so than they were in the past. Of course MK will be decorated early so they can sell the admissions to the Mickey Christmas Party celebration and it takes a while for DHS to get the Osborne lights up but I'm not really sure when they turn them on. If I remember correctly it didn't happen until right before T-Day in 2010 but I may be thinking of something else. I know the CP doesn't start in Epcot until T-Day and I don't think World Showcase start the Holiday events until T-Day weekend. All that being said, if it's warmer than it was this year when you go compared to that first week of December 2010, I'll take the earlier week. But then it will probably be 80 and sunny the first two weeks of December this year just to spite us all.

We went to Disney in Dec 2010, it was COLD the entire time we were there. I like going at that time because everything is decorated for Christmas- this year we are thinking of going mid Nov (before Thanksgiving). We are hoping that mid-Nov we will at least have warmer weather and we will be able to use SAB (it was closed 4 of the 7 days that we were there).

When do the parks put up the Christmas decorations? How about the hotels? I know that the Osborne Lights are at the beginning of Nov but not sure about anything else.

I think weather in Florida is hit or miss as far as warm months versus cold months in the winter.

We were there in Dec 08 and it was hot! We were swimming while listening to Christmas music. :yay: In March of 09, we were cold. It wasn't miserable though. In Dec 10, it was freezing! We couldn't believe how cold it was. :scared1:

So I wouldn't base a return date on what the weather was like last Dec.

May DISers, Dates, Where
BCV23, Mid- May, BCV
dgbg100106, 25th-30th, BCV
littledreamer7, 28th - June 4th, BC
SweetMommy, 7th - 14th, BC
cepmom, 22nd- 27th, BC
ocalla, 23rd - 30th, BC
Sinderelly, 10th -14th, BC
yolie912, 12th - 16th, BC
DW1sttimer, 7th - 14th, BC
PoohsFan1, 5th-14th, BCV
2gr8DisneyKids, 21st - 25th, BC
crostorfer, 14th - 20th, BC
NMW, ?, ?
Moonies, 8th - 14th, BC
YCFAN, 9th -13th, YC
Bourquefam, 20th - 25th, BC
PittPantherFan, 1st -8th, BC
Timon_n_Pumba, May 31st - June 7th, BC

Here are the latest updates....
:dancer:party:

Dee, all I can say is that I'm glad all we got was a bit of freezing rain. Don't think I could have handled that much snow with all the work we need to get done here in the office this time of year.

Thanks for the sympathy, but it sounds like your neck of the woods got it much worse than we did during this storm. I'll take the snow over the freezing rain. The biggest problem right now is backing out of the driveway. Can't see if cars are coming down the road because of the snowbanks, so I am honking my horn like crazy as I pull into the street.

We got five inches back a few weeks ago here in NC and schools were closed for three days. If we got that much snow our schools would be out for the year already!! :rotfl:

Makes that vacation in Florida even more inviting. We left snow two days before New Year's, took off and went to WDW on a whim and were walking around in shorts on New Year's Day. It was wonderful!!!!

Sunken Treasures and sitting on the beach.:woohoo:

Hello All!

My sister in law and I are venturing down to Disney for our first Girls Only trip to celebrate both our birthdays!

We are booked at BC for May 20th to 25th.

This has been our dream resort and while I wish the family could experience it with us, I think I will get over it real quick :rotfl:

Hope the weather is good and the crowds are low! :thumbsup2;)

~Stephanie

We got five inches back a few weeks ago here in NC and schools were closed for three days. If we got that much snow our schools would be out for the year already!! :rotfl:

Makes that vacation in Florida even more inviting. We left snow two days before New Year's, took off and went to WDW on a whim and were walking around in shorts on New Year's Day. It was wonderful!!!!

I am SICK of snow!!!! We're getting another wintry mix this weekend and now there's talk of ANOTHER storm coming later next week.

I am soooo ready to be sitting by SAB with a sunken treasure in my hand.

What a great way to spend New Yera's Day!!!!!!

Hello All!

My sister in law and I are venturing down to Disney for our first Girls Only trip to celebrate both our birthdays!

We are booked at BC for May 20th to 25th.

This has been our dream resort and while I wish the family could experience it with us, I think I will get over it real quick :rotfl:

Hope the weather is good and the crowds are low! :thumbsup2;)

~Stephanie

I have you added to the list, congrats on your trip!

Has anyone started an October list? I will be at BCV the 2nd - 7th for my 5th anniversary and F&W.... :banana::banana::banana:

I am SICK of snow!!!! We're getting another wintry mix this weekend and now there's talk of ANOTHER storm coming later next week.

I am soooo ready to be sitting by SAB with a sunken treasure in my hand.

What a great way to spend New Yera's Day!!!!!!

I feel your pain, we're getting the same weather here in CT!!!!!! I am so ready for Spring and Summer- I have a long wait (Nov) until we get back to Disney. But looking at pictures of SAB makes things a little better until we get there.

I feel your pain, we're getting the same weather here in CT!!!!!! I am so ready for Spring and Summer- I have a long wait (Nov) until we get back to Disney. But looking at pictures of SAB makes things a little better until we get there.

This is the worst winter I ever remember in Connecticut and I have been around a while :rotfl:
Since DH retired end of 2010 on Dec 31 , I now am working on him to not just vacation at Disney but to move to Florida. I have wanted to move south since our first visit in'89 and he did not, I am hopeing all this snow helps me convince him.

This is the worst winter I ever remember in Connecticut and I have been around a while :rotfl:
Since DH retired end of 2010 on Dec 31 , I now am working on him to not just vacation at Disney but to move to Florida. I have wanted to move south since our first visit in'89 and he did not, I am hopeing all this snow helps me convince him.

Living in Texas I can't imagine all that snow and I say to you move! I hope you convinvce him :)

It's a very crazy winter. We even got a few inches here. Our heater went out yesterday and had to replace it. Thankfully we got it replaced the same day bc our house was 40 degrees! I need some WDW lol

I was in Charlotte visiting my daughter that week. I was looking forward to some nice weather instead of WNY weather. Needless to say, we both had a great laugh about the shut-down. But I must say, the area really struggles with the ice and snow. I'm used to plows dumping salt/sand and I thought the sun in NC did the majority of melting ice and snow.
I didn't think I would need/want my down jacket. Boy was I wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter