2010 Earmarked conference??

I think our owners was able to register the agents going, but now we have to wait on our individual emails to register our ourselves and our guests. If our owner got the email and registered us successfully....are we in or are we still at risk of being turned away?

We had problems with the registration. We didn't receive the e-mail so I called and they said they had already gone out. They re-sent it and we got it that time but by then it was to late and it was fully booked. Apparently the first e-mail went into our SPAM account (which we didn't even notice until the end of the day). However oddly enough the one they re-sent went in fine and within 2 minutes we had registered. I guess others had problems with not receiving the e-mail as well, so we're not alone. Totally bummed since we were waiting all day for an e-mail that didn't come into our normal e-mail account. I'm not sure but I really hope they can do someting for those of us that had technical difficulties with the registration. I would check your SPAM folder and you may find it there. (Not that it helps at this point, but at least it may be an explination as to what happened). They really need a better way to do registration next year, very disappointed.

Seems like they sent it the same way they sent the invitation email with instructions on how registration would work. I do understand the 2nd email that went just to you being treated differently than the first that would have been associated with multiple emails going out at the same time.

So when you finally did get though it told you you couldn't register? Or did it allow you to register to be on the wait list. Or did it just not give you any confirmation?

I can tell you we got the email and registered within moments (ours came at 1:03 ET) and there was no confirmation or anything to let you know it had gone through...so we have no idea if we're able to go or not. Until the next series of emails come we're on pins and needles.

Somewhat frustrated with the process... but any process they use will leave out someone. I changed my plans to meet with a client because I didn't want to miss the email. Every 10 minutes hitting "check for new mail" was a huge waste of my time. Didn't get to go last year and am hoping things work out this year.

Seems like they sent it the same way they sent the invitation email with instructions on how registration would work. I do understand the 2nd email that went just to you being treated differently than the first that would have been associated with multiple emails going out at the same time.

So when you finally did get though it told you you couldn't register? Or did it allow you to register to be on the wait list. Or did it just not give you any confirmation?

I can tell you we got the email and registered within moments (ours came at 1:03 ET) and there was no confirmation or anything to let you know it had gone through...so we have no idea if we're able to go or not. Until the next series of emails come we're on pins and needles.

Somewhat frustrated with the process... but any process they use will leave out someone. I changed my plans to meet with a client because I didn't want to miss the email. Every 10 minutes hitting "check for new mail" was a huge waste of my time. Didn't get to go last year and am hoping things work out this year.

If you were able to "register" and now you are waiting for the second individual emails then why are you are pins and needles? I took that to mean that I am registered and now just awaiting the official completion of my registration with Disney. Am I wrong?

Anyway, why is this so complicated? They know how many rooms they have available and they allocate them out to the agencies. How does this get so complicated? If everyone is going to get denied anyway then why bother trying to control the capacity in the first place? This is so stressful :(:eek:

If you were able to "register" and now you are waiting for the second individual emails then why are you are pins and needles? I took that to mean that I am registered and now just awaiting the official completion of my registration with Disney. Am I wrong?

Anyway, why is this so complicated? They know how many rooms they have available and they allocate them out to the agencies. How does this get so complicated? If everyone is going to get denied anyway then why bother trying to control the capacity in the first place? This is so stressful :(:eek:

Until the cabins we have "registered" for are PAID and confirmed, I won't take anything for granted. Disney is our primary destination for clients. I'm pumped about the information I could take-a-way from a conference of this sort. SO I guess the pins and needles come from my strong desire to go to the conference.

In the end going to the conference is not a make-or-break thing for me. I need to keep things in perspective. I'm still going on a Disney Dream cruise with my kids for Spring Break. So I'll get my Disney fix!

I do think the complication comes from not only how many staterooms they have but how many passengers fit into each stateroom. They made clear being invited to have delegates did not guarantee a spot at the conference.

Still would like some confirmation that they have my information. One pop-up box wasn't enough for me. Until then:surfweb:.

Any updates? I was told I'm in but haven't gotten the email from Disney yet. I'm so excited to go but trying not to get my hopes up in case something falls through.

I called Disney and they re-sent the e-mail. The agency owner got it the second time and we registered right away but were wait listed. Didn't the message we got say if you were accepted you would get a confirmation e-mail in 24 hours? Maybe it's being delayed because of all the problems they had with the registrations. I understand that the ship only has so many cabins, but don't you think it would have been better giving each agency a "guaranteed" spot and if they didn't want/need it it could go back into the pool for other agencies if it was declined? Even if they weren't all balcony cabins assigned to us that would open up many staterooms. Just a thought. :) Hopefully next year will be a better registration method. Let us know when you get your registration e-mails.

My host registered three of us, but so far I don't think anyone (owners or agents registered) have received any emails, phone calls, confirmations, etc. I'd like to purchase airfare, since we're looking at spring break season and prices already aren't that great.

I read the cruise meet's thread from last year on the Dream, and it sounded like communication from Disney was a disaster then. I was hoping they would find a better solution this year, but so far it seems not.

Anxious for some news and information!

Any updates? I was told I'm in but haven't gotten the email from Disney yet. I'm so excited to go but trying not to get my hopes up in case something falls through.

the3lowes...your id is familiar to me...have you done other TA adventures with DIsney and posted on the DIS? Let's see, I did onsite training in 2008. A TA fabulously priced cruise in December 2009. I was on the Dream TA training in Jan/Feb last year (seems like Jan 28th or 29th 2011)...perhaps you were on one of those threads too?

anyway, we're still waiting too. went back and read the original email and it doesn't say how long it will take for us to get our email from Disney to complete the registration process.

the3lowes...your id is familiar to me...have you done other TA adventures with DIsney and posted on the DIS? Let's see, I did onsite training in 2008. A TA fabulously priced cruise in December 2009. I was on the Dream TA training in Jan/Feb last year (seems like Jan 28th or 29th 2011)...perhaps you were on one of those threads too?

anyway, we're still waiting too. went back and read the original email and it doesn't say how long it will take for us to get our email from Disney to complete the registration process.

I was also on a cruise in December '09, using the TA rate, and also on the Dream training last year :) Hmmm... I'm thinking maybe we met? Or at least crossed paths on here?

So sorry for the people not going :(

But do you think is the owner was able to get through registration successfully without a "it's full" or "wait list" message than MOST LIKELY we are ok?

We got a wait list message, so I would assume if you didn't get that it's a very good sign. :)

We got a wait list message, so I would assume if you didn't get that it's a very good sign. :)

My message said something like "your request has been processed" in a pop-up window. nothing else!

Still hopeful. But I can agree with the thought that each agency (in theory) should be allowed 1 spot and then fill other delegate spots on a first-come-first serve basis. But the EarMarked program seems to have grown significantly so maybe that's not realistic?

If you got the message, "We have processed your request", you should be in! I spoke w/ someone today to confirm that I didn't miss something on the registration process. I thought I would be sent a personal email immediately to finish registering, but he said that's not the case & it should have been clarified better. Once they received all the delegates names & # of guests, they will send out the "Next Step" email probably in the next few days!! This conference apparently booked w/in 15 minutes, thank goodness I registered w/in 2 minutes of receiving the email! He said I was IN!!!! :yay:

I've started a Thread the other day for "2012 Earmarked Conference", under Trip Planning Forum - Doing the Happy Dance

I tried posting the link for the 2012 Earmarked Conference Thread, but it won't let me post links b/c I'm too new at this! If anyone finds it, please post it on here! Thanks!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2862982

I don't mind this thread saying 2010 because I know people just glace on past it unless it really is for them.

But I don't mind it saying 2012 either. I just want to see the Fantasy and attend the conference.

Waiting. Waiting Waiting.

Really? 15 minutes! jaw dropping crazy. Maybe there is less space than in previous years. 15 minutes. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that. It's amazing the system didn't crash.

Well, maybe by next week we'll get the "finish registering" emails.

Thought I'd chime in and let you guys know that we got our emails tonight at 9:15pm EST. I know at least 2 other agencies also received theirs at the same time. See you there!

Phil

if I didn't know the emails had gone out, I would not have known to call and check on my registration.

Turns out we had a MAJOR issue with the email delivery. The email provider I use and the one DIsney used to send the registration weren't working together.

SO, I now have a gmail account -- and am registered (with delegates) for the conference.

Delighted with the opportunity.:wizard:

Thanks again DIS friends for keeping me informed.

(this post is a duplicate I posted to the other thred, but thought it might be helpful to someone.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter