2010 DVC Member ABD Point Charts - Restricted Dates?

jhburke

Earning My Ears
Not really wanting to add to the current unhappiness/paranoia, but...

The updated point charts on now up on the DVC Member web site, for 2010 ABD. For my preferred trip England & France, the points are actually lower next year (e.g. 566 vs. 571 for adults), ignoring the lack of EBD. That's the good news.

What's interesting is that the new point charts list only a small subset of the total available dates. For example, for the England/France trip only these dates are listed: "4/2, 5/14(A), 5/28, 6/28, 7/2, 7/23, 8/6, 9/10, 10/8". I notice that most but not all of these dates coincide with the slightly cheaper rate.

So the question is, are these the only dates available for which DVC Members can use their points? Or perhaps the other dates are available, but at a higher rate. I admit I haven't called member services yet (too late tonight) but I'm curious. This could potentially make for many unhappy DVC Members if they are restricted to only a handful of potential travel dates, especially with the cutbacks already noted.

BTW although this is my first post here, I have been lurking for many years and have really appreciated all the great knowledge and advice provided by this board. It is truly an invaluable resource for Disney fans.

John

3/80 Contemporary Resort
2/91 Polynesian Resort
11/99 Old Key West
5/02 Wilderness Villas
6/03 Hilton Head Resort
8/03 Beach Club Villas
4/04 Vero Beach, Disney Wonder
4/05 Wilderness Villas
10/06 Hilton Head Resort
1/07 Disney Magic
6/07 ABD Path to Pura Vida
6/09 Beach Club Villas

The updated point charts on now up on the DVC Member web site, for 2010 ABD. For my preferred trip England & France, the points are actually lower next year (e.g. 566 vs. 571 for adults), ignoring the lack of EBD. That's the good news.

What's interesting is that the new point charts list only a small subset of the total available dates. For example, for the England/France trip only these dates are listed: "4/2, 5/14(A), 5/28, 6/28, 7/2, 7/23, 8/6, 9/10, 10/8". I notice that most but not all of these dates coincide with the slightly cheaper rate.

So the question is, are these the only dates available for which DVC Members can use their points? Or perhaps the other dates are available, but at a higher rate. I admit I haven't called member services yet (too late tonight) but I'm curious. This could potentially make for many unhappy DVC Members if they are restricted to only a handful of potential travel dates, especially with the cutbacks already noted.

BTW although this is my first post here, I have been lurking for many years and have really appreciated all the great knowledge and advice provided by this board. It is truly an invaluable resource for Disney fans.

John

I hadn't looked at the points charts yet as when I checked this morning they weren't posted on the DVC member site yet. The best I can figure is the highest priced dates as well as the ones specified as "call for details" are not listed. I am betting that you will be able to book those dates just at a higher points cost and you have to get through member services.

I am actually amazed that the points were not raised higher, there are a few trips where the points cost are lower than they were last year and only a handful that went up more than 30 points, a few went up less than 10 points . I guess member services will have all the details. The only concern I would have if I booked a ABD trip with points is and it was cancelled by ABD what happens to the points are they converted back to DVC points since ABD is cancelling or do they remain reservation points which would not be a good thing.

2010 DVC Member ABD Point Charts - Restricted Dates?

John

Thank You So much for posting this! I told my husband last night that I wondered if we would be better off buying a DVC for the $$ money we would spend on the Sig Italy trip? However we are not members so I have no idea what the points chart requires p/p.

Do they even have the Italy Sig listed for the points? If you could list a couple of the other trips including Sig Italy that would be awesome.

We are looking at resale because of the fact that some of them are coming with banked points (some up to 500) so then it would be worth it to me to consider DVC and converting the points. Thanks for starting this thread!

HG

Thank You So much for posting this! I told my husband last night that I wondered if we would be better off buying a DVC for the $$ money we would spend on the Sig Italy trip? However we are not members so I have no idea what the points chart requires p/p.

Do they even have the Italy Sig listed for the points? If you could list a couple of the other trips including Sig Italy that would be awesome.

We are looking at resale because of the fact that some of them are coming with banked points (some up to 500) so then it would be worth it to me to consider DVC and converting the points. Thanks for starting this thread!

HG

The signature Italy trip is listed, at least 2 or the 3 dates and it is 788 points per person. Please before you buy DVC go over to the DVC boards and ask questions, I believe that using your points exclusively for stuff outside of WDW is not the best use of points. I am not trying to discourage you it is entirely up to you but read those boards and ask questions there are some very knowledgeable people over there that can give you a clear picture of the inner workings of DVC and points.

The signature Italy trip is listed, at least 2 or the 3 dates and it is 788 points per person. Please before you buy DVC go over to the DVC boards and ask questions, I believe that using your points exclusively for stuff outside of WDW is not the best use of points. I am not trying to discourage you it is entirely up to you but read those boards and ask questions there are some very knowledgeable people over there that can give you a clear picture of the inner workings of DVC and points.

Thank You so much for posting the points I am heading over to the dvc boards right now!

HG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter