"2009" themed Merchandise?

hurleysweety

DIS Veteran
Where is it all? Don't tell me they already sold out of it?? :confused3

A couple years ago when I was there all the previous year stuff was like 40% off and I was hoping for that this trip - only found hats. Anyone know where I could find these? I just really want a 2009 Christmas ornament ball to remind us of our trips this year.

Any suggestions of websites? I thought maybe the disney warehouse, but totally forgot to check there on our way out of town.

I have seen 2009 Christmas ornaments around the parks and at DTD and hotel stores. I have seen 2009 merchandise around the last few days, can't remember exact stores, but also seeing the 2010 hats, tshirts etc

Did you check World of Disney in DTD? That's honestly the only place I saw an excellent selection of ornaments and Christmas goods. I have a vague recollection of seeing at least something that said 2009, but it may not have been an ornament.

(I think it was Critter Country that had the 2010 ornaments. :sad2: )

Worst case, you could always put 2009 on there yourself, right? :flower3: (Though I don't think you should have to!)

I'm sure Disney is trying to order what will sell and not have anything left over, which likely resulted in orders for some items that fell short of demand. There ARE still lots of Thanksgiving Minnie plushies, though, placed prominently in many stores. It appears Disney will do anything to move them, short of lowering the price. :)

I hope you can find what you're looking for!

I just had a lovely 1009 ornament delivered. Blown Glass Mickey Head in red, with 2009 written on it. It is very pretty. Disney shopping. com

2009 Christmas Ornament - I would try the Emporium and the Christmas shop in New Orleans Square or WoD in DtD.
Sweatshirts, Tshirts, etc.... - Emporium, WoD
Pins - Emporium, Litte Green Men Store, Star Traders, Pin Cart or WoD in DtD

- Dreams

I'm here now, and I don't think that there are any 2009 ornaments to be had. I asked at World of Disney and they are all out. They did have 2009 Mickey snow globe, 2009 hats and 2009 license plate surrounds, but that's about it. I wanted an ornament with the year too, oh well.!

When we were at DL in October, the 2009 merchandise was already 40% off. And I couldn't find anything to fit my kids then, it was only odd things.

I have also seen some good stuff in World of Disney. What you are looking for is there in DLR somewhere. It just has to be found! That's what happens, I thnk - these collectibles sell out of the more prominent stores around DLR, and then people end up finding things in the lesser-known stores. Hopefully you checked the China Closet - I have always found good stuff in there. Even go so far as to check the Gag Factory - because that is all the way back in ToonTown and a lot of adults without kids don't want to walk all the way there, many of the items that sell out in other stores can be found there. Even check stores you would not ordinarily look in. If you never look in the Frontierland or Adventureland gift shops, look in those. You never know. They may seem like they ONLY sell themed things for that specific area, but they may have a lone display of what you are looking for set up somewhere. Also, check the Fantasia shop in the DLH, or Acorn Goods in the GCH, and the little place in the PPH. Just leave no stone unturned!!

I cannot recall which shop in DCA we went into last year where we stumbled onto a display of discounted Tinkerbell posing with peppermint candy ornaments (they were really cute). Check every store there too. Even ask DelivEARS when you get home if you have no luck in the parks.

We saw a bunch of 2009 merch a couple weeks ago, it was all marked down 40% so it might all be gone now. I know for sure they had so much more in the gift store at PPH. Maybe if you call Disney Delivears and ask them to check the hotel gift stores?

You could also check out the Disney Character Warehouse (about 3 miles north of DL on Harbor Blvd). I've often seen dated merchandise there. They also have temporary locations in different cities (we've had some in Salt Lake) and I remember seeing 2009 stuff there too.

Oh man...I didn't think to look in any of the smaller stores! I looked all through WoD about 4 or 5 times, and throughout the emporium. But most of the times the stores were packed and DH and I were on our way somewhere (thats what happens on a short weekend trip!). I'm going to try and check on ebay as it seems disneyshopping.com is already sold out because they went on sale :sad2: Oh well, I'll let you know if I find them somewhere in case anyone comes looking for 2009 merch!

Oh man...I didn't think to look in any of the smaller stores! I looked all through WoD about 4 or 5 times, and throughout the emporium. But most of the times the stores were packed and DH and I were on our way somewhere (thats what happens on a short weekend trip!). I'm going to try and check on ebay as it seems disneyshopping.com is already sold out because they went on sale :sad2: Oh well, I'll let you know if I find them somewhere in case anyone comes looking for 2009 merch!

And even though this won't show you a photo of what they look like, I would definitely check with DelivEARS about which ornaments might be in the China Closet. I saw ornaments galore in there last year and the year before, and that is one of those stores that people may bypass because they figure the Emporium will have whatever they want! I bet that there were probably 2009 ornaments around in some of the shops and you didn't know they were there!

UPDATED INFO: I was at DL tonight for a few hours shopping and enjoying the holiday decor, etc....

I thought about you and went on the hunt for a 2009 ornament.

Emporium - nope
Shops in New Orleans Square - nope
WoD - nope (although if anyone wants 1, they do have 2010 ornaments - which I don't understand...)

WoD DOES have a few hats, a few license plate frames, and a few tumblers. I also saw a baby's 1st Christmas collectable ornament with 2009 on it in a case in the collectables area.

- Dreams

When we were there on the 11th, there were no 2009 ornaments to be had. We looked everywhere! We asked multiple employees in various shops and they all said the same thing, as others stated, they were marked down to 40% a few weeks prior and they were GONE! It was so frustrating, I mean it was December 11th!!! It's a tradition for DBF and myself to get an annual Christmas ornament, so we just an ornament that we liked wrote 2009 on it. We also went ahead and bought 2010 and we just figure we'll get in the habit of buying the next year...

I just found out that they have one of those temporary Disney clearance sales (Disney Character Warehouse) in my city. I'm thinking of going there later on today. Do you want me to look for an ornament for you?

We have a tradition of buying a fridge magnet with the year and venue (DL, DCA, WDW, DCL) on it, but in the last couple of years they've scaled back to the more generic version with just the year on the front then WDW *and* DL stamped on the back. What's the point? We bought the generic 2008 last year, haven't bought 2009 this year. So much for that tradition. :confused3

I sure hope people complained to Disney Merchandise. I cannot imagine turning down a way to make money and from the sound of it on the boards, they missed quite a lot of opportunity this season. They could have marked 2009 ornaments down for one week/weekend and then restocked and sold more at full price. Not that i think Disney needs to make more money, but I am bitter I didn't get an ornament! :lmao:

We just got back last night...we looked everywhere for anything that said 2009 (ornaments, photo frames, photo albums, toys, etc) and everything said 2010. I asked the staff in the gift shops and they all said they were sold out. We were bummed:sad1: Too bad they couldn't carry that stuff until the very end of the year.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter