2009 escape changes

PrincessShea

Always planning...
So I got the contract today for a 2009 escape wedding. It has gone up to $4500...ok....but in the included elements nothing is listed about the annual passes. There is also a line that says "Please note that the elements do not include...an officiant, hotel rooms, THEME PARK TICKETS, or dining experiences..." :sad2:

Has anyone signed a contract recently and is that something they just don't mention? Am I freaking out for nothing? It's gonna be a long night tonight waiting for the morning so I can call and talk to someone! I am really freaking out because I don't think I can justify spending an extra $500 to get so much less.

I know that these are received for the Custom weddings, but I am not sure about Escape. Maybe someone else can help you more!

I have the 2009 Escape Collection Information PDF, and the Annual Passes are definitely listed as one of the amenities. I noticed on my Wishes contract that it mentioned some rules that were no longer applicable when I signed and had out of date pricing - this could just be an oversight.

Boo on the price going up. Does anyone know if the Wishes collection is going up as well? We are on the fence between the two choices and another 500 on top of the Escape price (especially if it does not include the APs) will make us want the Wishes collection more.

One other thought. On the Podcast a few weeks ago they talked about the Escape wedding and said that the annual pass was good from Jan 1 08 to Dec 31st 08 so if you were getting married at Christmas it would really only be good for a week... Anyone know if that's true? Or is the one year begin when you activate it? Thanks!
~Abby

I got my annual passes last week and my wedding is on Jan. 20 09. Also, I didn't realize I would get these and I had no idea what they were. Thanks to the Disboards I figured it out real quick!!!:rotfl2: and yes wishes is going up $500 too.

Boo on the price going up. Does anyone know if the Wishes collection is going up as well? We are on the fence between the two choices and another 500 on top of the Escape price (especially if it does not include the APs) will make us want the Wishes collection more.

One other thought. On the Podcast a few weeks ago they talked about the Escape wedding and said that the annual pass was good from Jan 1 08 to Dec 31st 08 so if you were getting married at Christmas it would really only be good for a week... Anyone know if that's true? Or is the one year begin when you activate it? Thanks!
~Abby

Definitely not true! It's good a year from when you turn the vouchers in for actual AP's... HTH

The Wishes minimums are not going up at this point. However, the deposit amount has been raised to $2,000 and your entire minimum expenditure is now due at 90 days out. The in-park ceremony site fee has gone up to $1,600 and the service fee is now 21%, among other changes.

This thread from a two months ago details all the 2009 changes for Wishes weddings:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1819838

This is true. The vouchers are nothing but a placeholder for your actual pass. I used both of our annual passes b/c my hubbie does not go as much as I do. I had no issues either time. The only restriction is that you actually have to turn in our voucher at a ticket counter at the theme parks. They are good for a year from the day that you turn them in and they also give you all kinds of discounts for rooms and some special events. The best place I have found to turn them in is International Gateway since that is a lower traffic ticket counter.

The Wishes minimums are not going up at this point. However, the deposit amount has been raised to $2,000 and your entire minimum expenditure is now due at 90 days out. The in-park ceremony site fee has gone up to $1,600 and the service fee is now 21%, among other changes.

This thread from a two months ago details all the 2009 changes for Wishes weddings:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1819838

psttt OT but I stole your switcy picture sig idea :rolleyes1 imitation is the strongest form of flattery :goodvibes

There is also a line that says "Please note that the elements do not include...an officiant, hotel rooms, THEME PARK TICKETS, or dining experiences..." :sad2:

My guess is that this is referring to theme park tickets for your guests... but that is pretty sneaky.

we just spoke with someone the other day and set our date. both in the conversation and the pdf they sent us it was/is stated about us getting AP's which are good for a yr from when u activate them. We were also told that we will get discounted WDW tickets from our web site when it is given to us for our guests.

I didn't realize that our guests would get a discount on tickets too. I was just going to refer them all to some discount brokers! Thanks

I hope we do still get the AP's or I will be very upset :(

4 more months til I can contract and get those babies secured!! :thumbsup2

Its a pity its gone up but I thought it would. Hope the APs are still included though. 6 months on Monday till I can book.

I would hope that the AP's are still included with the Escape package. Espically if they are raising the price $500!! I mean, a price increase and loosing the AP's? They'd better be having a good explanation on what the $1500 difference is between a wedding now and one next year!

Just so everyone knows, I guess it was a mixup and the AP's are indeed included and my contract was revised. I'm gonna be a disbride! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter