• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***2009*** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED NOV. 8

Hadn't thought about the crowds being worse at the start of the F&WF. Our only option is to attend the first weekend, on Saturday night (my DH is actually really excited to see Big Bad VooDoo Daddy).

How bad are the crowds that first Saturday night?

Also- we'll have our DS13 and DD10 with us. We had just planned on walking around and tasting a few treats here and there. This is our first time at the Festival, and I was really excited, but now I am concerned about the crowds.

Go Friday afternoon. When the locals get off work they will start showing up in the evening.

Crowds and lines will be very high on Saturday night.

Go Friday afternoon. When the locals get off work they will start showing up in the evening.

Crowds and lines will be very high on Saturday night.

I wish we could, but we don't fly in til after 8pm!

How about the crowds on Sunday? We could go early afternoon and stay for the first concert at 5:15, then head out. Any thoughts?:confused3

Sunday is better than Saturday but not much. If the Monday is a holiday (Columbus Day is in there somewhere), it can be just as bad as Saturday. The absolute best times to go are Monday - Thursday.

CoolDisneyKitten, I just looked at our dates, and what I was looking at before were our cruise dates! We are going to miss BTE :sad1: We will be at F&WF for Kool and the Gang and Sister Hazel. They are great too, but I am dissapointed about BTE. We might come back for Boyz II Men, so that would make up for it.
Thanks for the insight about the kiosks, that's how I imagined it working, but wanted to be sure.
Does anyone know what the average cost of a sample is? I would love to have a better idea as to what to budget for. Thanks!

Hadn't thought about the crowds being worse at the start of the F&WF. Our only option is to attend the first weekend, on Saturday night (my DH is actually really excited to see Big Bad VooDoo Daddy).

How bad are the crowds that first Saturday night?

Also- we'll have our DS13 and DD10 with us. We had just planned on walking around and tasting a few treats here and there. This is our first time at the Festival, and I was really excited, but now I am concerned about the crowds.
my wife and i were there for the opening day in 2008 (just so happens we are going to be there this year also) it is crowded on the saturday and into the night however we went back sunday morning and it wasn't too bad however they usually have problems with the computers that work as the registers for the first couple of days this can lead to some long waits but it is still worth it

The sample costs ranged last year from about $2.50 to $7 for the lobster roll.

i was just wondering if anyone knows when these events will be announced my wife,mother and I went last year and had a wonderful time and i hope we will be able to go to it this year popcorn::

The PFTS will be on Saturdays. According to that press release that came out they will cost $135 plus tax, same as last year.

Also according to that press release you can start booking on August 11. See the first post.

I would stick with your plan of going Friday to Epcot and Monday to AK. I found last year when I went in the middle of Oct. to be busier than in 07 when we went the first weekend it started. It's busier than the prior weekend but I don't think it's crazy and unmanageable.

Good luck deciding!

I think you're right. I've been patiently waiting for the Sept hours to come out before I made my decision. The TA ones have been posted, and as of right now the MK and EC ones have been officially as well.

Looks like that first night of F&WF Epcot closes at 8pm. Which almost made me change my mind. But then I realized not many locals would likely some out for only 2-3 hours. Assuming they get outta work at 5, travel time to get there, paying for parking, etc. I know I wouldn't bother.

I also noticed that MK is having MNSSHP, HS is doing F!, and AK is having evening EMHs. So with all those things going on in all the other parks I'm hoping it'll be dead and we can get to most of the booths.

YAY! :woohoo:

Sunday is better than Saturday but not much. If the Monday is a holiday (Columbus Day is in there somewhere), it can be just as bad as Saturday. The absolute best times to go are Monday - Thursday.

Columbus Day falls on Monday Oct. 12th this year.

We will be there the first week as well- but we'll be in Vero Beach for the weekend, so don't arrive in WDW until Sunday afternoon. That Monday is a holiday- it's Yom Kippur. Here in NJ, in some towns the schools are closed, but don't know if it means the same elsewhere as it seems to be a regional closure.:confused3

How early should you get to the Eat to the Beat concerts to get a good seat?

I'm in as well....DH & I are ditching the kids and heading to the F&W fest! Looks like it will be Taylor Dayne and Boyz II Men while we're there.....all, it's like senior year of high school all over again!:rotfl:

My husband and I will be in WDW October 2 - 11. This will be our first time attending the Food and Wine Festival. We're excited! :yay: :yay:

Any tips for baby-boomer first-timers?

Thanks much.

My husband and I will be in WDW October 2 - 11. This will be our first time attending the Food and Wine Festival. We're excited! :yay: :yay:

Thanks much.

If you're going to graze around World Showcase for the food tastings, I suggest doing it on weekdays, as weekends are more crowded. And it helps to share the food with another person, in order to purchase as many samples as you can without hitting the wall. :laughing:

There's a Festival Guide for the kiosks available near the park entrances and the festival merchandise locations. It not only lists the kiosks, it will also show the times and locations for each food and wine demo.

As we hear more info about the pay-to-attend events, I'm sure that will be posted in this thread.

Thanks much.

Hello! 1st time -so exciting! :woohoo:
Pay attention to this thread! A LOT of tips and great ideas run around. When you arrive get a festival broacher - it has the full schedule of daily FREE wine and food classes. Show up to FREE classes 1/2 hour early week days and 45 min early on the weekends - ( don't worry you are inside out of the heat and can grab a glass of wine or sparkling at the festival bar while you wait and chat up some nice people) The week days are better to show of course because nights on the weekends can get crazy. If you are up for a big ticket event - we love PArty for the Senses. It's an all you can eat and drink party with some really wonderful food and drinks. I and others have posted reviews from festivals past. Look them up and you can see what your in for. Mostly have a good time! :wizard:

If you're going to graze around World Showcase for the food tastings, I suggest doing it on weekdays, as weekends are more crowded. And it helps to share the food with another person, in order to purchase as many samples as you can without hitting the wall. :laughing:

There's a Festival Guide for the kiosks available near the park entrances and the festival merchandise locations. It not only lists the kiosks, it will also show the times and locations for each food and wine demo.

As we hear more info about the pay-to-attend events, I'm sure that will be posted in this thread.

and check out BriarRosie reviews from the fest! They are some of our Favs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter