2009 Bride to be just saying hello!!

feline figaro

WDW Bride May 2009 - WDW Vet
Hi everyone:wave:

I ve finally signed up to the Dis boards after many months of reading this wedding board. Its become an addiction to come in from work every night & read all your fantastic wedding reports & look at the pics. :surfweb:

Well i have a very very long wait till my big day which sometimes gets me down :guilty: but all this time gives me the chance to get loads of ideas & already i have so many due to all your wonderful suggestions.

I hope that when the day finally comes for me to book my big day that i can pesture all you kind people for answers to my many many qs as well as some probably much needed support to the pre wedding stress.

Hope to be chatting to you all soon pixiedust: :wave2:

hello & welcome. Don't worry it will soon come around!
I know what you mean about being addicted.
I browsed for 12 months before I booked the wedding. During my planning I was always looking for advice & tips.
Now that is is all over I still look on here a few times a day (I work at home, so I have too much temptation!).
It's nice to re-live those very special memories, and help others when I can too.

Feel free to join in any time.

:welcome: Feline Figaro! :wave2:
Janine -- ugh! I lurked for 5 months, now have joined but still have no ring or date, although we've talked about next summer and he KNOWS I want to call at 12 months out!!! Hopefully it is coming soon.

Welcome

My wedding is far away too.. Its in Nov. 2008 and we were debating about pushing it to Feb 2009... So we are in the same boat... KIT we can help each other out :surfweb:

/Im march 2008 and one minute it seems like ages and ages away and then it feels like well less than 2 years! We've been planning for 3 months but kinda in a rut just now....but looking at all the lovely pics and reading stories does help!!!
Welcome to the board :)

Loz x

Thankyou so much for your warm welcomes, :wave2:

Im not doing too well at the waiting game, its like i literally already am doing a count down until 2009 comes round!

Janine : its nice to see a fellow brit on here who has taken the plunge mickey style! All the people i talk to about my wedding turn their noises up when i mention a Disney wedding. I dont think people really understand how beautiful they are. Your pic on your signiture is stunning, what can beat having the main man himself at your big day!

Itgirl753: I know how your feeling, i may have the ring but not having a concrete date is what makes me sad. Still us girls will get our big day, its just a case of playing the waiting game!

Disneyfairy19: How i envy you, living in Florida must be fantastic with Mickey on your doorstep! We were originally saying 2008 would be the year but realistically 2009. I would love for it to be in May, kind of got my heart set on that month. Its so bad that i ve literally planned the whole day in my head, its hard not to when you read about everyones amazing ideas. What can beat a Disney Wedding ??

Jason has recently complained that he thinks I already have it all planned and he'll have no input! NOT TRUE! I just have ideas that are better than his! :rotfl: Nah, I will give him a chance. I just want the chance to talk about it with him and actually call Disney!!!

Not only that, but I want to go and see the locations in Epcot before I go back to school in September. I got a deal for $59 one way plane tix and it is killing me not to buy them. See, he wants to go somewhere else for our next trip.

feline figaro said:
Janine : its nice to see a fellow brit on here who has taken the plunge mickey style! All the people i talk to about my wedding turn their noises up when i mention a Disney wedding. I dont think people really understand how beautiful they are. Your pic on your signiture is stunning, what can beat having the main man himself at your big day!

You will be amazed at how many of us Brits there are on here.
I had the same problem. I was met with " A Mickey Mouse wedding?".
It made me feel pretty small at times, but I am so glad I went ahead with it instead of having a 'traditional' wedding at home.
The 15 people that came with me absolutely enjoyed themselves.
None of them had been to Disney before, and are now big fans.
I never ever thought I would hear my Dad say how much he loved the place.
My Mum & Dad holiday in the Scottish Highlands every year for peace & tranquility, but they said they would go to Disney again without a doubt.

Trust me, your guests will love it, and you will feel like Cinderella on your wedding day.
My memories of our Disney wedding will be with me forever. There is no better place on this earth.

ItGirl753 said:
:welcome: Feline Figaro! :wave2:
Janine -- ugh! I lurked for 5 months, now have joined but still have no ring or date, although we've talked about next summer and he KNOWS I want to call at 12 months out!!! Hopefully it is coming soon.

Well I had this problem. I talked about it for 16 years. I had the ring at 4 years, but then...nothing. Finally at 18 years I said ok, I think it's about time we were married. 2 years later and lots of Disney planning we were finally married at the most magical place on earth, and trust me I am so glad I married now and had a Disney wedding than marry 15 years ago in a traditional way.
It will come, just keep planning and include it in the conversation every now & then, he will get the message. Have you ordered the DVD from Disney weddings? You could put it on while he is around. I did and it worked. I saw him peeking over his newspaper!

Janine : I find that most people see a Disney Wedding as something tacky (especially brits), i dont think it helped that a certain english glamour model had her photo shoot done there for a tabloid mag making people associate it with her.
Our weddings going to be very small, my fiances family are nt in the picture so to speak so its just my family. My dad is petrified of flying so is reluctant to fly out, my sister is nt sure if she can afford it so it may only be me,my fiance Mark & my mum. A small affair but hopefully a magical one!

I certainly have the Disney wedding dvd & have watched it sooo many times, anything to do with Disney weddings i tend to watch over & over again (sad are nt i).

Itgirl753: Im in the same boat as you my friend, Mark (my fiance) is very much in to letting me come up with the ideas. Im letting him deal with the litle things ie music as im not too great with romantic things like that but as for the day its self, its Becca's (me) time to shine!!!!

Id love to be able to afford to go to WDW before hand but its not exactly cheap from the UK, when your saving your £s or $s every one counts. If theres a way possible though i ll be there in a shot!

Im grinning like a chesire cat with all this talk of weddings, i cant wait!!!!

Hello and welcome! don't worry about the time! This coming from someone who found these bosrds 2 summers ago, got engaged last summer and is now under a year to her wedding- TIME FLIES! I know it may not feel like it now but man it does. Congratulations.

Feline Figaro

I watch the disney wedding dvd all the time too and I also taped Food Network Disney wedding... my Df says I am obsessed but hey its DISNEY.. The happiest place on earth...

My DBF is the one who "decided" it HAS to be Disney! I recorded the Food Network special on it for him to see (a little devilish of me maybe) just for fun, and before I knew it he said it HAD to be Disney. The firehall just wouldn't be good enough! That's when my friend, Codie, turned me onto this board! I just feel weird on this board because we are not officially engaged.

Now, he knows I am thinking August 07 (summer because I am a :teacher: ) AND he knows I want to call 12 months out, so I am not worried. I know it'll happen. He is just watching me squirm! My b-day just came and went too! He also wants to move out of the area ( :ssst: don't tell mom and dad!) but I refuse until we are married.

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

Back when my DF and I got engaged (Jan 2004) I ordered the Disney Weddings DVD. But at that time we thought it was too expensive. Well we could never pick a date for the wedding because we are both in professional school. So once we decided we were going to wait until we graduated we figured we could definately save up the money by then! Plus after being engaged for so long and putting our lives on hold for 4 years we deserve the wedding of our dreams ;)

We're not getting married until May 2008 but I check the boards all the time because I can't get enough wedding planning. It's never too early to start planning...even if it means changing my mind a million times. :rolleyes:

Pixie08: Lucky lady, not too long to go now!!! I wish i was able to say that. How long in advance could you contact Disney to book the wedding? Can i ask the details of your big day? :bride:

Disneyfairy19: Thats one thing i wish i was able to see the mentioned Food Network Programme. I ve read soo many people saying how good it was but we dont get to see anything like that here in the Uk. :guilty: I got a dvd sent from Disney just showing the parks which is bad enough, last time i went to Wdw i was 13 so it has changed so much, i cant wait! :woohoo:

Itgirl753: Its funny cos it was my fiance who decided Disney as well, we were at first talking about maybe Hawaii but we both get bored on beach holidays so then Mark came up with Disney. At that time i had never really heard of a Disney wedding, but me being the big kid i am loved the sound of it. I found a link to someones personal website on the net :surfweb: & loved the whole look of a Disney wedding. Whats not to love!!!
We ve been engaged for nearly 7 yrs so i ve already had a long wait but what with moving in etc wedding plans always seemed to take a back seat. But not anymore!!!!!!! :bitelip: Although the count down may be long its ceratinly begun :hourglass

Namsupak: Thankyou for your warm welcome. :wave2: Its lovely to be able to chat to sooo many people in America, i tried one Disney forum a while a go but its was just for Brits which kind of had limited ideas :disrocks:. I
totally know what you mean about being engaged for sooo long, i just now think what the hell i ve waited this long so im gonna do this exactly how i want. Can i ask how long you ve been engaged?

I totally agree its not too early to start planning your wedding, most people even for standard weddings plan well over a yr in advance so something as huge as a Disney wedding needs all the time put in to it possible.

Sure Feline...actually we contacted Disney last year but they told us it was too soon :rolleyes: so we waited until Jan of this year and did a site visit and was assigned a sales manager in Feb about 16 mos out. At the one year mark (we were unfortunately inviloved in a lottery but got our first choice anyway because we decided to change from a saturday evening to a fri evening) Disney had "tentatively" reserved our spot. Because we are in a ballroom we can not sign our contract un til October...the 8 mos mark.

As far as details we have a lot planned. As for the wedding we are at 5 pm at the weddding Pavilion with our reception at the Boardwalk. For the Welcome party we are doing an iluminations desert party the night before and a rehersal dinner at Ohana. There are also some smaller events like a bridal party tea, guys day out golfing and a combined bachelor/ette party which will start at jelly rolls and end at pleasure island. I am so exzcited if you need help with any ideas let me know!

Pixie 08: Wow your plans for your wedding sound amazing :thumbsup2. I love the fact that Disney weddings are so individual. The more imagination the better, its great that you start getting assistance from Disney at the 16 month mark pre wedding.At least that way it ll give you enough time to get everything perfect! :wizard:

I may have a long wait but i already have been planning, although im sure things will change slightly.Here it goes:

I really wanted a May wedding at Sunset Pointe but read that Disney are no longer going to be offering that location during certain months due to the heat :confused3 so it ll probably end up being the Wedding Pavillion.

Reception dinner locations going to be tricky , my Dh is a very picky eater, i mean if its not roast chicken, steak or a plain burger he wont like it which kind of rules out any fancy places (he wont touch food with a sauce) . So my hopes of it being the California Grill probably are not gonna happen! :furious:

The one definate is the Grand 1 Cruise to see Wishes :cloud9: . I ve seen Wishes on the net, i cried pretty much from start to end . I found it very emotional so thats a big must for me.

Because our wedding party is gonna be so small i m not gonna be able to have a bridal party but will definatly have a rehersal dinner, Ohanas seems to be the place to go for that.

What can be better than spending a Saturday evening talking Disney Weddings !!!!! :cheer2:

Hey Feline,

Well we got engaged in Jan of 2004 but we've been together since Sept of 2000. He's in medical school and I'm in dental school so we never have breaks off together. So we're waiting until we graduate in May of 2008 to get married. That way all of our friends will have just graduated so maybe they'll get a disney trip for a graduation present from their family ;) We just booked a site visit with a sales manager for December this year so I'm super excited. After years of just pushing the date further in the furture it's like it's all finally happening. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean. Good luck with all your planning! These boards are so helpful :thumbsup2

Feline Figaro, after weeks of lurking (including HOURS long reading sessions!), it was your post that finally inspired me to register. :) This is my first post! I just got engaged six weeks ago - we don't have a date or a year yet! The WDW wedding is my fiance's idea and I'm trying to come around! (hence the lurking...) Reading about everyone's experiences has been really helpful.

Thanks!

LJ

A big :wave2: Lj & let me be the first to :welcome: you !!!!

Im dead chuffed to be able to have inspired you to get on board the Dis Train & start mailing. I ve been reading these boards since we decided to have a Disney wedding which has been since mid last yr.

My wedding feels like an eternity a way May 2009 :sad2: which is a long long wait but i thought wait the hey i ll get on the boards now. :surfweb:

A big congratulations on getting engaged,was it planned or a big surprise??

I ve been engaged since i was 18, now at the age of 25 with our own home etc its about time we tied the knot! :woohoo:

I ve got sooo many ideas from reading the boards, i just cant wait to put pen to paper & book my wedding.

Everyone is very friendly, i ve had a very warm welcome :goodvibes so rest assured you did the right thing by introducing your self

Lots of :shamrock: sent ot you from this Feline & hopefully we ll continue to chat loads in the future :yay: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter