2008 Wedding

Kezzi

Disney Wedding 2008
Hi Ladies,

New here!

Getting married in 2008 in the wedding pavillion (hopefully). Going mental because i cannot book anything and starting to panic - nice and early!!!

Also i need some ideas for pre-reception, reception and evening parties. I would like the Grand Floridian but there are only around 30 of us in the wedding party going over.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Coming over from Wales, UK - so excited! Can't wait - want to get married this year!!!:cheer2:

Kel x

Hi and :welcome: you came to the right place!

When are you hoping to have your wedding? I definitely know the feeling waiting for the time you can book it!

Have you checked out Wishbook on the DFTW site? It has some beginning info and pics of different things. Did you have any general ideas on what you are looking for yet? There are lots of different types of extra events in addition to the regular reception you can have (mini golf party, Mad Hatter tea party, lunch at GF Summerhouse, BBQ at FW, Wishes cruise, Illuminations/Fantasmic dessert party, etc).

Hi,

Thank you. So glad i found this forum.

I have started my wishbook and am hoping to get wed on the 29th September 2008 in the wedding pavillion. The wishbook does not seem to be helping with me making my reception, pre-reception and evening party decisions. I would love to talk to someone!

Just want to arrange things that will flow together i.e. no boring breaks for people waiting around. And i like everything!! Been to Orlando around 16 times so i have seen many of the venues but i can't decide!!

:jumping3:

I can't wait - so want to book something!!!

Kel x

Welcome!! You'll be glad you found this board, it is very helpful!

Besides checking out the wishbook you could just take some time and search through older posts to see if you get any ideas.

Hi & WELCOME! You've come to the right place :thumbsup2 Definately check out this board--it will give you tonnes of ideas.

BTW, you are getting married on my dad's B-Day (very cool):banana:

Unfortunately I offer no help in the Disney Wedding planning area... but I did just want to say CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

Welcome!! Im from the UK too im had my wedding in December we had 26 people come over from the UK!!

Good Luck with all your plans!!

I believe this board will help take away a lot of your worries and put your mind at great ease... it will also provide as an avenue for you to "plan" some things out before actually setting it in stone. GL with everything:thumbsup2

we are in th uk as well hopefully booking a oct 2nd 2008 wedding!

Have you tried calling them as I can call at the end of the month to pencil in my date!

Hi orangetiggs,

Yes i can start calling them on the 29th March with ideas and questions - oh so many questions! However no date can be confirmed until 1 year exactly and then i was told it was first come, first serve. So on the 29th September i will like a woman possessed on the phone coz there are only two times i would like!!!

Have you thought about what you would like to do? Where in the UK are you from?

Kel x

I feel your pain - although not able to afford getting married at DW, my Dfi & I are planning on eloping to Niagara Falls & getting married on the Maid of the Mist, then flying out of Buffalo, NY to DW for our honeymoon. It's driving me crazy to have to wait to book restaurants, cruises, etc! The only reason he's agreed to The Plan at all is because he doesn't have to do any of the work! And, I want it to be "perfect" so he'll actually WANT to go back to DW. Ah, the stress. :upsidedow

HI and :welcome:

I am getting married in 2008 as well.. and I also feel that I cant do anything until a year from the date... Check out the wishbook under disneyweddings.com... you can check out different venues... GL and Happy Planning:thumbsup2

I'm on essex, We are flying out there in oct so I'll be out there when i have to book it and then I'm hoping to do my planning sessions while i'm out there as we wont be able to get back over till the wedding

I'm in Hampshire, UK - and am too waiting to plan my 2008 wedding! The time passes so quickly being on this forum though - and I wonder if I'll actually have time to get all of the great ideas into place that I've found on this board before 2008!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Hi, all you uk brides. I am from the isle of man, uk, and am getting married on feb 12 08 at wp then gf. we are hoping to have 40 guests come over, and i really cant wait. One thing i will say is, at first, we thought 'this is going to be so much cheaper than at home' - i was wrong, things keep creeping up and up...... I know it will well be worth it but what we've started doing is trying to make a note of everything ( out of disney as well ie, dress suits etc)
You just dont realise how much everything costs! my df keeps saying 'your living in cukoo land!' I'm taking no notice now!:rotfl:

Hey! I know what you mean - even planning it, it's easy to see how the cost can creep up and up, but I'm still happy - it will DEFINATELY be worth it, and we all get to be in a sunny climate in the happiest place on earth together for three weeks! I'm glad to have found more UK brides!

I thought that at first but the costs would creep up with a UK wedding too! I did price up a UK wedding before we booked our Disney Wedding and the cheapest quote i got was about £15,000!! and that was not including half the amount of extras i had with Disney! The good thing with Disney is if you tell them what budget you had in mind they are great with helping you stck to that! Im so glad i had a Disney wedding and all the people that went are still talking about it!

Welcome fellow 2008 bride!!!!!!
I cannot believe how fast time is flying! I too am a little unglued since we can't book yet but its ok! It will all work out.
Happy Planning

Welcome fellow 2008 bride!!!!!!
I cannot believe how fast time is flying! I too am a little unglued since we can't book yet but its ok! It will all work out.
Happy Planning

Congratulations! When are you hoping for? I forgot to read your ticker before I started to reply! It's terrible, the wait.... :guilty: :sad2: :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter